'Why should I..'

SmokinAce

if not that, so he can get paid, fighters should have certain language in their contracts that means they can't duck fights like this. Essentially, he's refusing to work, in most jobs that a dismissal, I don't see him being asked to do anything unreasonable

It is not whether he deserved or didn't. The FACT is he was a last minute call in to save the card and Jones as the CHAMPION should accept.

Spoken like a true Jones hater and die hard Sonnen fan.

Machida was the number one contender and Shogun was right behind him. They both would have had the same amount of days to train for Jones (who they both already fought)--yet they turned it down.

Spoken like a true Jones hater and die hard Sonnen fan.

Machida was the number one contender and Shogun was right behind him. They both would have had the same amount of days to train for Jones (who they both already fought)--yet they turned it down.

Just like Sonnen they weren't in training. However they simply lack the guts and charisma of Sonnen to STEP UP. Jon Jones is the champion so.. Whoever it is, whatever they deserve he should be proving why the **** he's champion!

Just like Sonnen they weren't in training. However they simply lack the guts and charisma of Sonnen to STEP UP. Jon Jones is the champion so.. Whoever it is' date=' whatever they deserve he should be proving why the **** he's champion![/quote']

By guts and charisma, you mean making money, then yes, you're right. But again, what if someone like Palhares or Pat Barry said they wanted a title shot at Jones....would they deserve it?

if not that' date=' so he can get paid, fighters should have certain language in their contracts that means they can't duck fights like this. Essentially, he's refusing to work, in most jobs that a dismissal, I don't see him being asked to do anything unreasonable[/quote']

+1 I could see the point in Jones refusing if it was a fully fit at the peak of his training Chael Sonnen but the fact is Jones had a HUGE advantage.

By guts and charisma' date=' you mean making money, then yes, you're right. But again, what if someone like Palhares or Pat Barry said they wanted a title shot at Jones....would they deserve it?[/quote']

You keep using this word 'deserve'. My point is simple. Whether his opponents 'deserve' a title shot or not is not Jones' concern. His concern should be beating the guy thats just been put infront of him!

+1 I could see the point in Jones refusing if it was a fully fit at the peak of his training Chael Sonnen but the fact is Jones had a HUGE advantage.

So not only would the fight have been pointless, the rest of the card would have sucked anyway, right? I think Sonnen fans just wanted to hear more Sonnen trash talking and that wishful thinking/hope that he could squeak by with a decision over Jones and shock the world. lol

Nice sig OP...

Only die hard Sonnen fanboys say he deserved a title shot. lol Vitor doesn't deserve it either.

Doesn't matter, Jones turning it down shows he thinks he was plenty worthy.

I mean his ducking excuse was he didn't have enough time to tailor prepare for him although he had a full camp and was in shape and ready to fight.

Meanwhile Chael wasn't training regularly and so Jones would be fighting a much smaller MW, not in optimal shape who has no punching power and not a strong enough submission game to pose a threat. The only threat is wrestling Jones to a UD and that just wouldn't happen. Jones could be sore, tired, under the weather, overtrained, undermotivated and still tough enough to beat Chael on his best day.

Some champion. :rolleyes:

You keep using this word 'deserve'. My point is simple. Whether his opponents 'deserve' a title shot or not is not Jones' concern. His concern should be beating the guy thats just been put infront of him!

What does that say to the rest of the LHW division who have been working their way to the top to earn a title shot? EARN. Just because Sonnen has a mouth and said he'd step in doesn't mean he should get a shot. What if Diego Sanchez said he wanted a title shot against Condit, since Condit wasn't doing anything for a year except waiting for GSP?

By guts and charisma' date=' you mean making money, then yes, you're right. But again, what if someone like Palhares or Pat Barry said they wanted a title shot at Jones....would they deserve it?[/quote']

in the situation that occurred, if either of those guys were to have stepped in, I think it would have been entertaining, which is what the UFC is all about. Sure some fans would be asking the question if they deserved it, but to have an event cancelled has thrown a lot of things up in the air, and caused a load of problems, especially with guys not getting paid.

In my opinion, an event with a seemingly awful, badly matched-up, hastily arranged title fight,is better than no fight at all

So not only would the fight have been pointless' date=' the rest of the card would have sucked anyway, right? I think Sonnen fans just wanted to hear more Sonnen trash talking and that wishful thinking/hope that he could squeak by with a decision over Jones and shock the world. lol[/quote']

Im not debating the morales of the fights i'm simply saying that Jones' concern should not be about why he's facing his opponent it should be how am i gonna beat him. Why are you so butt hurt with Sonnen?

Doesn't matter' date=' Jones turning it down shows he thinks he was plenty worthy.

I mean his ducking excuse was he didn't have enough time to tailor prepare for him although he had a full camp and was in shape and ready to fight.

Meanwhile Chael wasn't training regularly and so Jones would be fighting a much smaller MW, not in optimal shape who has no punching power and not a strong enough submission game to pose a threat. The only threat is wrestling Jones to a UD and that just wouldn't happen. Jones could be sore, tired, under the weather, overtrained, undermotivated and still tough enough to beat Chael on his best day.

Some champion. :rolleyes:[/quote']

So, you would have been happy with the whole lackluster UFC 151 card and the main event could have been Jones TKOing Sonnen within the first minute?

This forum generates hate more so than competition. Everyone just wants to see Jones lose--doesn't matter who does it.

Tell me why Sonnen deserves a shot at Jones. And don't tell me "deserves" has nothing to do with it.

What does that say to the rest of the LHW division who have been working their way to the top to earn a title shot? EARN. Just because Sonnen has a mouth and said he'd step in doesn't mean he should get a shot. What if Diego Sanchez said he wanted a title shot against Condit' date=' since Condit wasn't doing anything for a year except waiting for GSP?[/quote']

The difference is Sonnen STEPPED UP. And if this same situation was in place with condit we wouldnt be here in this situation right now because for one: He's not a champion and two he wouldnt chicken out.

Just like Sonnen they weren't in training. However they simply lack the guts and charisma of Sonnen to STEP UP. Jon Jones is the champion so.. Whoever it is' date=' whatever they deserve he should be proving why the **** he's champion![/quote']

Sonnen doesn't have the balls to face the division like Jones did to get to the title, he ran his mouth and there it was, the pot of gold (JBJ's belt).

Q: Would anybody on this forum say no if Dana asked them to fight JBJ for like 1 mil?

I wouldn't.

I would run in, get punched once, fall to the ground, regain my senses and proceed to the bank while laughing my *** off.

Of course somebody who has nothing to lose will take the fight, Vitor isn't deserving but at least he has been in that division before and had success in it.

So' date=' you would have been happy with the whole lackluster UFC 151 card and the main event could have been [b']Jones TKOing Sonnen [/b]within the first minute?

This forum generates hate more so than competition. Everyone just wants to see Jones lose--doesn't matter who does it.

Tell me why Sonnen deserves a shot at Jones. And don't tell me "deserves" has nothing to do with it.

Well sir let me say this. You are a HELL of alot more confident than Jon Jones was or he would have accpeted.

in the situation that occurred' date=' if either of those guys were to have stepped in, I think it would have been entertaining, which is what the UFC is all about. Sure some fans would be asking the question if they deserved it, [b']but to have an event cancelled has thrown a lot of things up in the air, and caused a load of problems, especially with guys not getting paid.[/b]

In my opinion, an event with a seemingly awful, badly matched-up, hastily arranged title fight,is better than no fight at all

Blame=UFC.

Im not debating the morales of the fights i'm simply saying that Jones' concern should not be about why he's facing his opponent it should be how am i gonna beat him. Why are you so butt hurt with Sonnen?

I guess I could ask why are you so in love with Sonnen? People complaining about Jones screwing everyone else on the card, how about Sonnen screwing over all the LHW's trying to earn their title shot--yet would have had to step aside because Sonnen can talk on a microphone. lol Come on man...logics.

Blame=UFC.

I guess I could ask why are you so in love with Sonnen? People complaining about Jones screwing everyone else on the card' date=' how about Sonnen screwing over all the LHW's trying to earn their title shot--yet would have had to step aside because Sonnen can talk on a microphone. lol Come on man...logics.[/quote']

Well if you can find me any legitimate quotes were a Lightheavyweight complained about Sonnen getting infront of them PLEASE LET ME KNOW ;)

The difference is Sonnen STEPPED UP. And if this same situation was in place with condit we wouldnt be here in this situation right now because for one: He's not a champion and two he wouldnt chicken out.

Condit is the interim champ....and by not defending the WW title and just waiting for GSP....is that chickening out or is that just being smart?

Well sir let me say this. You are a HELL of alot more confident than Jon Jones was or he would have accpeted.

I'm sure Jones thought he could take Sonnen easily. Most people have said that. But like I said--Sonnen just can't step in and say give me a title shot. What if a fighter from every division said that?

Blame=UFC.

I'm splitting the blame 75/25 Hendo/Jones. Hendo because he was injured and didn't tell anyone about it, then pulling out at short notice. Jones for not accepting what would be easy fights for him. They pulled the event because they didn't think they could sell the product to people without the title fight

Condit is the interim champ....and by not defending the WW title and just waiting for GSP....is that chickening out or is that just being smart?

I'm sure Jones thought he could take Sonnen easily. Most people have said that. But like I said--Sonnen just can't step in and say give me a title shot. What if a fighter from every division said that?

Interim champ means jack. GSP is the champ. As for jones as a bigger stronger and lenghtier fighter of course he would most likely 9/10 times beat Chael. But the fact is until he proves it he's a chicken. It's not his concern about why Chael is getting this shot.

Interim champ means jack. GSP is the champ. As for jones as a bigger stronger and lenghtier fighter of course he would most likely 9/10 times beat Chael. But the fact is until he proves it he's a chicken. It's not his concern about why Chael is getting this shot.

So, turning down a fight against someone who means nothing, has done nothing in the LHW division and wouldn't survive against Jones--means Jones is a chicken? lol at the non-stop hate.

Well, Chael will fight Forrest and maybe if he beats Forrest, that would be a deserving title shot. lol Not.

Vitor doesn't even deserve a shot.

So' date=' you would have been happy with the whole lackluster UFC 151 card and the main event could have been Jones TKOing Sonnen within the first minute?

Tell me why Sonnen deserves a shot at Jones. And don't tell me "deserves" has nothing to do with it.[/quote']

Doesn't matter what i think of a card. The CHARACTER of a CHAMPION and FIGHTER representing the sport correctly by stepping up and facing all comers is more important. Jones has no character, he is a character.

Chael deserves it because for one he's a world class fighter and is fighting in the LHW division now but more than anything the whole damn LHW division were cowards when the #1 contender got injured. No one else stepped up except a number of MW's.

People get injured in MMA it happens but to have fighters backing out of short notice fights simply because they can't tailor specifically is not how a true champion should act. A true champion is supposed always be ready to take on all comers. This is a really important attitude to FIGHT when your job is FIGHTING.

It helps the fighters, keeps fans happy and is important for the org and future growth so the sports popularity doesn't wane because a few fighters decide to become drama queens and not do thier job.

Doesn't matter what i think of a card. The CHARACTER of a CHAMPION and FIGHTER representing the sport correctly by stepping up and facing all comers is more important. Jones has no character' date=' he is a character.

Chael deserves it because for one he's a world class fighter and is fighting in the LHW division now but more than anything the whole damn LHW division were cowards when the #1 contender got injured. No one else stepped up except a number of MW's.

People get injured in MMA it happens but to have fighters backing out of short notice fights simply because they can't tailor specifically is not how a true champion should act. A true champion is supposed always be ready to take on all comers. This is really important attitude to FIGHT when your job is FIGHTING.

It helps the fighters, keeps fans happy and is important the org for future growth so the sports popularity doesn't wane because a few fighters decide to become drama queens and not do thier job.[/quote']

If Hendo would have spoken up sooner, I bet Jones would have fought anyone. Jones is smart and he wants to hang onto his belt. His management thought it was a bad idea with 8 days away to fight a guy like Sonnen. That says something--Sonnen could be a threat--you never know.

So, if Jones is getting blamed, so should the rest of the LHW division.

So' date=' turning down a fight against someone who means nothing, has done nothing in the LHW division and wouldn't survive against Jones--means Jones is a chicken? lol at the non-stop hate.

Well, Chael will fight Forrest and maybe if he beats Forrest, that would be a deserving title shot. lol Not.

Vitor doesn't even deserve a shot.[/quote']

So then why did Jones accept Vitor? Also Seen these thought of you..

LeaveJonJonesAlone.jpg

3qm4zu.jpg

If Hendo would have spoken up sooner' date=' I bet Jones would have fought anyone. Jones is smart and he wants to hang onto his belt. His management thought it was a bad idea with 8 days away to fight a guy like Sonnen. That says something--Sonnen could be a threat--you never know.

So, if Jones is getting blamed, so should the rest of the LHW division.[/quote']

Jones is the one that ultimately decided to turn the fight down when pretty much any other champion and most fighters would have fought.

UFC deserves some blame sure in hindsight they should have noticed Jones has chicken legs and the fact he's stated he's a company guy and will fight anyone lead them to believe he's a man of his word.

Other LHW fighters not stepping up deserve some blame.

Jones and his master Greg deserve the brunt of it though.

So then why did Jones accept Vitor? Also Seen these thought of you..

LeaveJonJonesAlone.jpg

3qm4zu.jpg

Well' date=' it was an interesting debate until you had nothing left to sayand had to post those^^^.

You could have been a bit more original....

[img']http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/docobv/jonesbullydbysonn.jpg[/img]

Anyway...Time for work. Later! :)

Well' date=' it was an interesting debate until you had nothing left to sayand had to post those^^^.

You could have been a bit more original....

[img']http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/docobv/jonesbullydbysonn.jpg[/img]

Anyway...Time for work. Later! :)

Ahh you sir are a genuis! Love the way you dodged the Vitor bullet by bringing attention to the meme's ;)

If Hendo would have spoken up sooner' date=' I bet Jones would have fought anyone. Jones is smart and he wants to hang onto his belt. His management thought it was a bad idea with 8 days away to fight a guy like Sonnen. That says something--Sonnen could be a threat--you never know.

So, if Jones is getting blamed, so should the rest of the LHW division.[/quote']

cmon man....

14y5saw.jpg

There's enough said with that tweet alone.

Ahh you sir are a genuis! Love the way you dodged the Vitor bullet by bringing attention to the meme's ;)

8 days is a lot different than 20+ days to prepare. Those 8 days leading up to a fight is all press appearances. Chael just wanted to be in the spotlight to try and clear his name because he's made such an *** out of himself the last 2 years and will use anyone to do so. Whether it's in the octagon or money laundering.

cmon man....

14y5saw.jpg

There's enough said with that tweet alone.

Kinda like the betters on here who welch. Nothing is set in stone. That's not me sticking up for Jones' date=' that's just how it is. It's all biased hate, and that's ok. Nothing will change.

Don't hate on me just because I'm smart enough to look at all sides of a story.

Rampage [u']says[/u] he will KO every opponent everytime he fights. When's the last time he did it?

Kinda like the betters on here who welch. Nothing is set in stone. That's not me sticking up for Jones' date=' that's just how it is. It's all biased hate, and that's ok. Nothing will change.

Don't hate on me just because I'm smart enough to look at all sides of a story.

Rampage [u']says[/u] he will KO every opponent everytime he fights. When's the last time he did it?

Just because you disagree with me your looking at all sides of the story?

Ive said i see the logic in it plenty of times...but that doesn't mean i have to respect his decision.

And Rampage saying he will KO someone every time is something he said he would try to do every time.

Jones saying he'd never turn down a fight....thats not hyperbole. Its straight hypocritical.

Just because you disagree with me your looking at all sides of the story?

Ive said i see the logic in it plenty of times...but that doesn't mean i have to respect his decision.

And Rampage saying he will KO someone every time is something he said he would try to do every time.

Jones saying he'd never turn down a fight....thats not hyperbole. Its straight hypocritical.

Jones is still a kid who doesn't know **** about ****. He gets put in the spotlight and every little thing he does is under radar.

Should he have driven drunk? No. Was he stupid in that decision? Yes.

Jones turned down the fight for the same reasons Machida and Shogun did. I don't believe Jones would turn down a fight with anyone--when it's usually 3 to 6 months notice. I mean, come on, Jones fought 4 times in one year. And he's earned his title and earned the right to turn down a MW talker who isn't worthy of a title shot. He's fighting another MW who isn't worthy of a LHW title shot, isn't he? Belfort was training for Belcher and Jones was training for Hendo. Now they have the same amount of days to train for each other.

Call Jones what you will, but he's being smart whether people like him or not.

Lots of people go back on what they say. Jones may be a ****** in your eyes and many others and for me and Mitrione, I think Jones can be 'douchy' a lot of the times, but all in all--I watch him because he's a great fighter--which no one even talks about.

'Why should I put my championship on the line against a very dangerous opponent who lost his last fight' - Jon Jones

Simple' date=' you sir are unfortunatley a champion. As a champion it should be your duty to take on ALL comers thrown at you and prove your worth.[/quote']

Exactly. Being a champion means being the best fighter out there. Therefore fighting a guy coming off a loss goes against the concept of being a champion because it means you're fighting someone who was just proven to be lesser than someone else than the champ.

Sonnen has no business fighting for a championship in a division he hasn't lined a single significant win and while he's coming off a loss at lighter weight.

JBJ fights more often then most 2 champions combined and you are trash talking him for not taking a short notice fight that is so beyond undeserving it's actually embarrassing to Joe Silva?

Like I've said before, all the hate threads in the world don't change the fact he destroyed some of your favorite fighters.

There's no way in hell Chael Sonnen deserved to fight Jones. I like Dana but he sure can be a hypocrite. Says Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva makes no sense because Nick Diaz just lost. Yet Jones vs Sonnen makes sense even though Sonnen is coming off a loss. In retrospect, Jones made a good decision and so did Greg Jackson. Chael would have been a high level opponent, and even though I think Jones would have destroyed him, he still needs a decent amount of time to prepare and Sonnen actually needs a few wins to even be considered to fight Jones.

Machida turned down the fight with Jones too. I wonder why that was? I wonder if it was to have enough time to prepare for a high level opponent? I'm not sure...but Machida doesn't seem to be getting flack at all even though he's been, apparently, begging Dana for a shot--gets it--then turns it down. Either way everyone in the LHW division turned down Jones. Jones had every right to turn down the fight against Chael. The amount of haters on this forum is really annoying. Especially when it comes to Carlos Condit. All the so die hard fans of Condit are now haters because of his ONE fight with Diaz. All of a sudden Condit has always been a boring and scared fighter. lol. nice haters, nice.

JBJ fights more often then most 2 champions combined and you are trash talking him for not taking a short notice fight that is so beyond undeserving it's actually embarrassing to Joe Silva?

Like I've said before' date=' all the hate threads in the world don't change the fact he destroyed some of your favorite fighters.[/quote']

Yep, I forgot he was one of the most active high level fighters in 2011. Won the title and defended it twice.

Haters gon' hate. I enjoy watching him fight. He'll continue to win and get hated on just like champs Anderson Silva and GSP. who get a considerable amount of hate. The next challenger to Jones will be dubbed to either knock him out or submit him and will be the biggest threat to Jones!!... but it won't happen. Jones is gonna have the LHW belt for a while. Fighting Belfort is seriously a joke. I'm excited for the fight, but I don't see Belfort having much success.