Larry Flynt offering $1 million for Romney's financial records

Kevbo_Jones

comon flynt ive seen people pay more to see a poker hand :P

only came in cuz Flynt is a wild guy...i wont lie i pay 0 attention to politics and dont know what hes trying to accomplish or what any of this means but i didnt really read the article cuz it concerns politics...will you enlighten me with the situation because even if i read the article i prolly wouldnt understand it...

comon flynt ive seen people pay more to see a poker hand :P

only came in cuz Flynt is a wild guy...i wont lie i pay 0 attention to politics and dont know what hes trying to accomplish or what any of this means but i didnt really read the article cuz it concerns politics...will you enlighten me with the situation because even if i read the article i prolly wouldnt understand it...

He's basically calling Romney's bluff and offering $1 million to anyone that can produce his financial records. Tax returns, off shore assets... Etc... Etc. Flynt pretty much thinks Romney is full of ish and he's willing to pay a pretty penny to prove it. This isn't the first time Flynt has put his money where his mouth is.

He's basically calling Romney's bluff and offering $1 million to anyone that can produce his financial records. Tax returns' date=' off shore assets... Etc... Etc. Flynt pretty much thinks Romney is full of ish and he's willing to pay a pretty penny to prove it. This isn't the first time Flynt has put his money where his mouth is.[/quote']

How much money would damming info be worth to a SuperPac on either side?

simple fix IMO.

Romney should just come out and say, I'll release everything (tax records, income, medical etc.) if Obama releases everything. Ez. I wouldnt mind seeing Obamas grades, or where hes traveled too prior to getting into politics. All of it.

Interesting Kevbo I havent ever seen you ask that question.

simple fix IMO.

Romney should just come out and say' date=' I'll release everything (tax records, income, medical etc.) if Obama releases everything. Ez. I wouldnt mind seeing Obamas grades, or where hes traveled too prior to getting into politics. All of it.

Interesting Kevbo I havent ever seen you ask that question.[/quote']

I agree with this actually.

Is this so dissimilar than Trump using every media outlet at his disposal to make a point about wanting to see Obama's long form birth certificate - which in the end came out and there was no horrible secret attached to it. And I for one don't put much stock in how someone performs at school. I have known brilliant minds who's genius did not fit into the rather rigid approach of our current educational system. Not to mention, he was a young man in his teens and twenties while attending college; his success or failures as a young man carry little weight with who he has become today.

On the flip side of the coin, this Romney situation with him not releasing his taxes. OK. I have no doubt he's probably paid some very intelligent tax accountants so that he pays as little as possible. And perhaps he has some of his assets in things overseas where it's more financially prudent for him personally. I understand the knee jerk reaction of someone bending the rules to suit what's best for them - but does any of this matter?

Birth certificates, college transcripts, tax returns - we're looking to attack imagined flaws of character as opposed to looking at the candidates on their merits of what they could bring to the office of the President of the United States. Voting records, leanings on prospective Supreme Court Justices, stated plans for the direction of our country...the issues of substance seem to take a back seat to the superficial presentation. Have we really become so vapid as a voting public that we seemingly desire to abuse our right to speak about the direction of our nation, and instead would treat these opportunities with the same approach and qualifications that we would a call in voting show like American Idol?

Is this so dissimilar than Trump using every media outlet at his disposal to make a point about wanting to see Obama's long form birth certificate - which in the end came out and there was no horrible secret attached to it. And I for one don't put much stock in how someone performs at school. I have known brilliant minds who's genius did not fit into the rather rigid approach of our current educational system. Not to mention' date=' he was a young man in his teens and twenties while attending college; his success or failures as a young man carry little weight with who he has become today.

On the flip side of the coin, this Romney situation with him not releasing his taxes. OK. I have no doubt he's probably paid some very intelligent tax accountants so that he pays as little as possible. And perhaps he has some of his assets in things overseas where it's more financially prudent for him personally. I understand the knee jerk reaction of someone bending the rules to suit what's best for them - but does any of this matter?

Birth certificates, college transcripts, tax returns - we're looking to attack imagined flaws of character as opposed to looking at the candidates on their merits of what they could bring to the office of the President of the United States. Voting records, leanings on prospective Supreme Court Justices, stated plans for the direction of our country...the issues of substance seem to take a back seat to the superficial presentation. Have we really become so vapid as a voting public that we seemingly desire to abuse our right to speak about the direction of our nation, and instead would treat these opportunities with the same approach and qualifications that we would a call in voting show like American Idol?[/quote']

The problems arise when you look at voting records though. Romney is a known flip flopper on just about every special interest issue. I also want to make it very clear that my disdain for Romney does not equate to support for Obama. My interests lie with Gary Johnson, but him being a 3rd party Libertarian means little in the overall outcome in the partisan circus the presidential election has become.

The problems arise when you look at voting records though. Romney is a known flip flopper on just about every special interest issue. I also want to make it very clear that my disdain for Romney does not equate to support for Obama. My interests lie with Gary Johnson' date=' but him being a 3rd party Libertarian means little in the overall outcome in the partisan circus the presidential election has become.[/quote']

I agree - Romney has changed his stance on several key issues, effecting not only economic policy, but also on issues like abortion. And it would be refreshing to see this be at the center of criticism, but instead we as a general public seem more interested in things like tax returns, or which candidate we'd rather have a beer with, or their religious background.

And by the way, my post was not directed at you. For all my frustrations in dealing with you over the years, you've proven to be actually quite well educated and versed on a number of key issues. While we have several very differing perspectives on things, at least I trust your views and opinions are rooted in research.

My post was more aimed in a general sense to the voting public. I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but at some point the superficial pony show usurped the debates we as a national held in regards to candidates. In my lifetime I've seen how a Presidential nominee may have been helped if he was charismatic and had personality, to suddenly, it seems to be the single most important issue. I mean Kerry, for all his faults - which I'd be happy to discuss later - lost the election with Bush ultimately because he was too bland. Bush gave character, Kerry didn't. That's what we've become. People wanted to see Bush get kicked out of the White House, but they'd be damned if it was going to be replaced by a east coast, elitist who's dull.

I look at Facebook news feeds and just shake my head in disgust over how my own friends and family bicker and get into wars of words with one another over the Presidential election....to date, I've yet to see one single credible source listed, and by in large it's framed in the minutia of candidate's personal lives as opposed to their career performance. And it just makes me, well, sad for one, but more and more angry as time goes on.

I agree - Romney has changed his stance on several key issues' date=' effecting not only economic policy, but also on issues like abortion. And it would be refreshing to see this be at the center of criticism, but instead we as a general public seem more interested in things like tax returns, or which candidate we'd rather have a beer with, or their religious background.

And by the way, my post was not directed at you. For all my frustrations in dealing with you over the years, you've proven to be actually quite well educated and versed on a number of key issues. While we have several very differing perspectives on things, at least I trust your views and opinions are rooted in research.

My post was more aimed in a general sense to the voting public. I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but at some point the superficial pony show usurped the debates we as a national held in regards to candidates. In my lifetime I've seen how a Presidential nominee may have been helped if he was charismatic and had personality, to suddenly, it seems to be the single most important issue. I mean Kerry, for all his faults - which I'd be happy to discuss later - lost the election with Bush ultimately because he was too bland. Bush gave character, Kerry didn't. That's what we've become. People wanted to see Bush get kicked out of the White House, but they'd be damned if it was going to be replaced by a east coast, elitist who's dull.

I look at Facebook news feeds and just shake my head in disgust over how my own friends and family bicker and get into wars of words with one another over the Presidential election....to date, I've yet to see one single credible source listed, and by in large it's framed in the minutia of candidate's personal lives as opposed to their career performance. And it just makes me, well, sad for one, but more and more angry as time goes on.[/quote']

You could've taken these words straight from my own mind friend. You're now reaching the breaking point that I myself did sometime ago. People often wonder why I'm so cynical and distrustful of government entities and one needs to look no further than the points you've touched upon in your post. Often times I feel as if people are so ingrained with toeing party lines to placate their friends and family rather than using their brain and coming to their own conclusions. I, for one, think all of these "get the youth involved in politics" movements are disastrous and do more harm than good. All the 2 party system does is slap a fancy new label on the same steaming pile of dung and create a new generation of uninformed voters basing their opinions on whatever media outlets put on a TV, radio, or publication. It's sickening really.

It's a waste of time. Nobody will NOT vote for Romney because of his financial records. 99% of those who are going to vote for Romney DON'T CARE!

Independents don't care either. The ones voting for Obama and have their minds made up will play it off like they don't know who they'll vote for but still act like they're undecided and push for Romneys records...It's a WASTE OF TIME! Nobody really cares at this point....NOBODY!

It's a waste of time. Nobody will NOT vote for Romney because of his financial records. 99% of those who are going to vote for Romney DON'T CARE!

Independents don't care either. The ones voting for Obama and have their minds made up will play it off like they don't know who they'll vote for but still act like they're undecided and push for Romneys records...It's a WASTE OF TIME! Nobody really cares at this point....NOBODY!

I tend to agree with this as well. I just find it a bit ridiculous that's "bribes" need to be made for these political fillers in the first place.

I tend to agree with this as well. I just find it a bit ridiculous that's "bribes" need to be made for these political fillers in the first place.

Wouldn't it be funny if there was nothing in his financial records!? What if this was a brilliant move to throw the Obama campaign off track? Look at all the time spent on this. Lol

Is this so dissimilar than Trump using every media outlet at his disposal to make a point about wanting to see Obama's long form birth certificate - which in the end came out and there was no horrible secret attached to it. And I for one don't put much stock in how someone performs at school. I have known brilliant minds who's genius did not fit into the rather rigid approach of our current educational system. Not to mention' date=' he was a young man in his teens and twenties while attending college; his success or failures as a young man carry little weight with who he has become today.

Birth certificates, college transcripts, tax returns - we're looking to attack imagined flaws of character as opposed to looking at the candidates on their merits of what they could bring to the office of the President of the United States. Voting records, leanings on prospective Supreme Court Justices, stated plans for the direction of our country...the issues of substance seem to take a back seat to the superficial presentation. Have we really become so vapid as a voting public that we seemingly desire to abuse our right to speak about the direction of our nation, and instead would treat these opportunities with the same approach and qualifications that we would a call in voting show like American Idol?[/quote']

LOL!!

Wait you didn't actually believe that was his real birth certificate did you?? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrQp6qSgX_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g30VCl_cgk

Get with the times man..

Wouldn't it be funny if there was nothing in his financial records!? What if this was a brilliant move to throw the Obama campaign off track? Look at all the time spent on this. Lol

Although that would be poetic justice, I don't believe that to be the case. I'm pretty sure this is a direct counter to the birther movement, at its core. I also believe that there is probably some pretty damaging info in those records or they would've been released already. I don't think its illegal activity, per say. But I do think these records would prove that Romney is talking out of the side of his mouth in an economic sense.

LOL!!

Wait you didn't actually believe that was his real birth certificate did you?? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrQp6qSgX_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g30VCl_cgk

Get with the times man..

YouTube investigators at their finest. If you're going to make ridiculous claims, you better have some real good evidence. Not birthers on YouTube...

Babies are delivered by storks ... everyone knows that

Clearly! The videos posted by this troll have been thoroughly debunked many times over. I don't think he even realizes that there were presidents that actually WERE BORN OUTSIDE OF THE US! I'll provide a list if this idiot requests me to do so. This is nothing more than racism under the guise of "truth."

LOL at you believing he was born in Kenya when his mother never had an African passport. You don't get out of the house much' date=' do you?[/quote']

Never said Kenya, it could be anywhere. Why do you think he is hiding so much and why does ABSOLUTELY NOBODY know who he was growing up? He is a nobody, a fraud, a disgrace, basically he is Anderson silva in political form.

And LOL @ you thinking it was 'debunked'! Yea because 1 day after he decided to spread obvious distraction lies such as 'oh hey look we got osama hes gone now yayy!!' :rolleyes:

even though not a single bit of evidence was ever found supporting such avid nonsense.

How old are you 4? I don't think i have ever met an obama supporter who was actually able to figure out how to use something so complex as a computer.

Good for you mate. :)

Never said Kenya' date=' it could be anywhere. Why do you think he is hiding so much and why does ABSOLUTELY NOBODY know who he was growing up? He is a nobody, a fraud, a disgrace, basically he is Anderson silva in political form.

And LOL @ you thinking it was 'debunked'! Yea because 1 day after he decided to spread obvious distraction lies such as 'oh hey look we got osama hes gone now yayy!!' :rolleyes:

even though not a single bit of evidence was ever found supporting such avid nonsense.

How old are you 4? I don't think i have ever met an obama supporter who was actually able to figure out how to use something so complex as a computer.

Good for you mate. :)[/quote']

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/birthcertificate.asp

Good luck champ.

Secondly, I'm not an Obama supporter. No one who has ever had a discussion with me on this forum would tell you otherwise. Im just opposed to idiots. Which all indicators point to you clearly being one.

Moreover, Chester A. Arthur was born in Canada. Officially, he is said to have been born in Vermont, but we don't know for sure. Likewise, look at the controversy surrounding President Obama's place of birth. Officially he was born in Hawai'i, but that doesn't dissuade people from claiming he was really born in Kenya.

Regardless, his mother was a US citizen so he is also by birthright, a US citizen. This is clearly outlined in the country's by-laws but I wouldn't expect someone as ignorant as you appear to be to even know where to look to find said law.

I have football to watch. Have fun wallowing in your ignorance.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/birthcertificate.asp

Good luck champ.

Secondly' date=' I'm not an Obama supporter. No one who has ever had a discussion with me on this forum would tell you otherwise. Im just opposed to idiots. Which all indicators point to you clearly being one.

Moreover, Chester A. Arthur was born in Canada. Officially, he is said to have been born in Vermont, but we don't know for sure. Likewise, look at the controversy surrounding President Obama's place of birth. Officially he was born in Hawai'i, but that doesn't dissuade people from claiming he was really born in Kenya.

Regardless, his mother was a US citizen so he is also by birthright, a US citizen. This is clearly outlined in the country's by-laws but I wouldn't expect someone as ignorant as you appear to be to even know where to look to find said law.

I have football to watch. Have fun wallowing in your ignorance.[/quote']

Snope investigators at their finest. If you're going to make ridiculous claims, you better have some real good evidence. Not birthers on Snopes..

See what i did there? ;)

Is that really the best you got?

Snope investigators at their finest. If you're going to make ridiculous claims' date=' you better have some real good evidence. Not birthers on [i']Snopes..[/i]

See what i did there? ;)

Is that really the best you got?

No, I don't. Birthers are idiots like you. Snopes would be the debunkers, who use actual sources. All I see is a terrible troll who's in way over his head.

He's basically calling Romney's bluff and offering $1 million to anyone that can produce his financial records. Tax returns' date=' off shore assets... Etc... Etc. Flynt pretty much thinks Romney is full of ish and he's willing to pay a pretty penny to prove it. [b']This isn't the first time Flynt has put his money where his mouth is[/b].

I don't want to think about where Flynt's mouth has been. ;)

Although that would be poetic justice' date=' I don't believe that to be the case. I'm pretty sure this is a direct counter to the birther movement, at its core. I also believe that there is probably some pretty damaging info in those records or they would've been released already. I don't think its illegal activity, per say. But I do think these records would prove that Romney is talking out of the side of his mouth in an economic sense.[/quote']

It's not damaging because nobody cares enough to change their vote. Most people know who they're voting for by now...if not, you shouldn't vote because you're an idiot!

With that said...How is any of this damaging...unless he broke the law? We expect lies from politicians so that's not a big deal but did he break the law and even then will people care enough?

We are past the point of deciding who we are voting for...the country could vote today and the outcome will be the same as if it's voting time.

No' date=' I don't. Birthers are idiots like you. Snopes would be the debunkers, who use actual sources. All I see is a terrible troll who's in way over his head.[/quote']

LOL. Kev**** calling people terrible trolls and idiots. It's like roseanne barr calling people fat and ugly.

Yeah I figured he was just another mindless troll I wasn't sure though so thanks' date=' I can't believe some people actually take what he says seriously he obviously is just plain ignorant either that or just bored.[/quote']

Ahh, the good ole ad hominem approach when you have nothing of merit to add to the discussion.

He's basically calling Romney's bluff and offering $1 million to anyone that can produce his financial records. Tax returns' date=' off shore assets... Etc... Etc. Flynt pretty much thinks Romney is full of ish and he's willing to pay a pretty penny to prove it. [b']This isn't the first time Flynt has put his money where his mouth is[/b].

Yeah i heard he offered Casey Anthony some money to do a flick.