Tax

Gabri1985

This is an exceptionally poorly thought out plan. How would one pay for things like military protection, police, paved roads, etc. in a scenario where they are paying to use things other than taxation? The government provides, by in large, non-excludable goods and services. In fact, other than camping on public lands, I am struggling to think off the top of my head of a single non-rivalous excludable good the government does provide. Taxation if fair and just. Debating about how we go about taxing people may hold legitimacy, but arguing that a person could exist outside the benefits of tax and government spending is at this stage of human progress ludicrous.

I suspect you are either very young, or you simply do not understand the economics and socio-political climate of our modern way of life.

Should people be given the choice to pay them? But if they did opt out should they have to forfit the using the things they pay for? Or maybe pay to use things as and when they need to.

In the US, you do have a choice. I've told people this for awhile now. You can google the interviews from former IRS agents who haven't paid taxes in decades. They claim there is nothing in the by laws, or Constitution saying one HAS TO pay taxes. Most of them spent healthy portions of their careers trying to find it. I personally believe it is absolutely unethical to be taxed without fair representation for purposes I abhor. But I also understand how the wheels turn in our society. Unfortunately, taxes are a necessary evil.

This is an exceptionally poorly thought out plan. How would one pay for things like military protection' date=' police, paved roads, etc. in a scenario where they are paying to use things other than taxation? The government provides, by in large, non-excludable goods and services. In fact, other than camping on public lands, I am struggling to think off the top of my head of a single non-rivalous excludable good the government does provide. Taxation if fair and just. Debating about how we go about taxing people may hold legitimacy, but arguing that a person could exist outside the benefits of tax and government spending is at this stage of human progress ludicrous.

I suspect you are either very young, or you simply do not understand the economics and socio-political climate of our modern way of life.[/quote']You clearly think i don't want to pay taxes is this correct?

You clearly think i don't want to pay taxes is this correct?

I don't believe he's saying that at all. I think he is simply stating that many things we take for granted on a daily basis come from government spending through taxation. A "pay as needed" system would be incredibly difficult to track and implement as well as leave massive rifts that could be abused and exploited. In my own personal opinion, is not a feasible alternative.

I know tax is needed and understand all the thing's it pays for, others on here and around the world though don't seem to understand that though, the pay as you use things was just a random thought more then any form of idea that could be used as people would be paying all the time for use of roads ect.

It's funny to me that people moan about taxes yet without them the world would be a much grimmer place.