Questions for Condit fans

MMAJess

There are a couple things that I'm just not gettin'. Maybe I just don't understand it (I'm not that bright, after all), but thinking about our past discussions, a few things just don't make sense.

First, it seems to be widely believed by Condit fans and Diaz haters alike that Condit has superior striking to Diaz. After all, Diaz fights like a statue, has no head movement, and is flat-footed, correct?

So if Condit's that good of a striker (or if Diaz is really that bad), shouldn't he have just held his ground in the center of the cage, and beat Diaz up for 25 minutes? I mean, Diaz is known for volume, not power, and Condit has never been knocked out, so he shouldn't have been afraid of him. Why not just stand and trade with him if you know you're a better striker?

Second, about this 'circling out' business....a circle is round, correct? So shouldn't 'circling out' involve some sideways movement? Yes, he performed some lateral movement after he got to the cage (by turning his back to his opponent and running away [and I really don't blame him for that]), but how did he keep ending up against the cage? I don't remember Diaz pushing him, or knocking him backwards that far. If you are 'circling out', you should never hit the cage, because you'd be moving sideways, correct?

And finally, I have read repeatedly about Condit's outstanding finish rate. I have also read that Diaz has bad footwork, fights like a statue, and his BJJ is way overrated. Plus he was probably high, which should slow him down.

If all that is true, why wasn't the "greatest finisher in the world" able to finish him?

There are a couple things that I'm just not gettin'. Maybe I just don't understand it (I'm not that bright' date=' after all), but thinking about our past discussions, a few things just don't make sense.

First, it seems to be widely believed by Condit fans and Diaz haters alike that Condit has superior striking to Diaz. After all, Diaz fights like a statue, has no head movement, and is flat-footed, correct?

So if Condit's that good of a striker (or if Diaz is really that bad), shouldn't he have just held his ground in the center of the cage, and beat Diaz up for 25 minutes? I mean, Diaz is known for volume, not power, and Condit has never been knocked out, so he shouldn't have been afraid of him. Why not just stand and trade with him if you know you're a better striker?

Second, about this 'circling out' business....a circle is round, correct? So shouldn't 'circling out' involve some sideways movement? Yes, he performed some lateral movement after he got to the cage (by turning his back to his opponent and running away [and I really don't blame him for that']), but how did he keep ending up against the cage? I don't remember Diaz pushing him, or knocking him backwards that far. If you are 'circling out', you should never hit the cage, because you'd be moving sideways, correct?

And finally, I have read repeatedly about Condit's outstanding finish rate. I have also read that Diaz has bad footwork, fights like a statue, and his BJJ is way overrated. Plus he was probably high, which should slow him down.

If all that is true, why wasn't the "greatest finisher in the world" able to finish him?

how many times has diaz been knocked out or submitted ? :rolleyes:

point is : you cant finish ALL of your opponents ! and if you have a 90+% finishing rate and more finishes than other have fights...then you should get the respect as a finisher that you deserve!

There are a couple things that I'm just not gettin'. Maybe I just don't understand it (I'm not that bright' date=' after all), but thinking about our past discussions, a few things just don't make sense.

[b']Condit is a more dynamic striker, whether it's "superior" to the Stockton slap is strictly opinion.[/b]

To say Diaz doesn't have any power is just ridiculous. He mixes it up with jabs and power shots. I think Condit stood with him as much as he could really. I mean, we're talking about one of the best boxers [Diaz] in MMA, you don't just stand in front of that. BJ did, did you see his face after their fight?

Second, about this 'circling out' business....a circle is round, correct? So shouldn't 'circling out' involve some sideways movement? Yes, he performed some lateral movement after he got to the cage (by turning his back to his opponent and running away [and I really don't blame him for that]), but how did he keep ending up against the cage? I don't remember Diaz pushing him, or knocking him backwards that far. If you are 'circling out', you should never hit the cage, because you'd be moving sideways, correct?

He ended up against the cage because he was counter striking. Let me explain, since you already stated you're not too bright, he was using back peddling to counter strike, once his back hit the octagon (or close to it) he circled out away from the cage. Rinse and a repeat to a decision win.

You can't finish everyone all the time at the elite level. Period.

In bold.

He wasn't looking for the finish that's obvious (those flying knees and spinning elbows/fists were pathetic to say the least, he didn't commit on any of them they were just for show), even if he was looking for it, it wouldn't be easy.

With that said, Diaz was looking extremely slow and even a little bit too cautious (for Diaz standards of course), I believe he respected Condit's power that's why he wasn't engaging as much as he usually does, well that and the fact Condit was running for his life.

He wasn't looking for the finish that's obvious (those flying knees and spinning elbows/fists were pathetic to say the least' date=' he didn't commit on any of them they were just for show), even if he was looking for it, it wouldn't be easy.

With that said, Diaz was looking extremely slow and even a little bit too cautious (for Diaz standards of course), I believe he respected Condit's power that's why he wasn't engaging as much as he usually does, well that and the fact Condit was running for his life.[/quote']

I often use the term "lumbering forward". It seemed very uncharacteristic for Diaz to just follow his opponent around the octagon. But I think Diaz, just like all of us fans, were confused with Condits strategy. What happened to the striking war that was promised? Where's NBK's killer instinct? I can't say it was Condits best fight, although he obviously did enough to pull a "Jackson" (decision win) out of his ****.

Diaz should have done more to trap Condit into more striking exchanges, rather than "lumbering forward" with his hands in the air trying to taunt Condit into exchanging. Diaz fans really only have Diaz to blame for his lack of interest throughout the fight. He wasn't getting what he wanted so he taunted and acted like a child for bait and it didn't work. There are other tactics that could have made the fight more interesting but Diaz refused to change his game plan.

I often use the term "lumbering forward". It seemed very uncharacteristic for Diaz to just follow his opponent around the octagon. But I think Diaz' date=' just like all of us fans, were confused with Condits strategy. What happened to the striking war that was promised? Where's NBK's killer instinct? I can't say it was Condits best fight, although he obviously did enough to pull a "Jackson" (decision win) out of his ****.

Diaz should have done more to trap Condit into more striking exchanges, rather than "lumbering forward" with his hands in the air trying to taunt Condit into exchanging. Diaz fans really only have Diaz to blame for his lack of interest throughout the fight. He wasn't getting what he wanted so he taunted and acted like a child for bait and it didn't work. There are other tactics that could have made the fight more interesting but Diaz refused to change his game plan.[/quote']

100% agree.

after maximum 3 round he should've realized that he aint winning this fight and take him down...he maybe could've gotten a submission or at least win more rounds..!

100% agree.

after maximum 3 round he should've realized that he aint winning this fight and take him down...he maybe could've gotten a submission or at least win more rounds..!

I was shocked Diaz didn't bull rush him or take him to the ground... but then again I didn't care because Condit was winning. It was a fairly boring fight but I believe Condit is a true badass and probably won't disappoint the fans with a game plan like that again... although the Point Gestapo (Jackson) may be too far in Condit's head now. A couple more performances like that and I may just turn on Condit.

I was shocked Diaz didn't bull rush him or take him to the ground... but then again I didn't care because Condit was winning. It was a fairly boring fight but I believe Condit is a true badass and probably won't disappoint the fans with a game plan like that again... although the Point Gestapo (Jackson) may be too far in Condit's head now. A couple more performances like that and I may just turn on Condit.

yeah jackson ****s up pretty much fighters!!!

if he does this to condit for longer than 1 fight i^'m gonna turn into a huge jackson hater !

and i HOPE that he doesnt try some **** like this on travis hapa browne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

100% agree.

This fight was so close that neither fighter should've been the slightest bit confident about winning. And that is the biggest beef I have with Condit - how can you keep trying to avoid engaging your opponent and make no attempt to finish in the 5th round of a very close fight?

He ended up against the cage because he was counter striking. Let me explain' date=' since you already stated you're not too bright, he was using back peddling to counter strike, once his back hit the octagon (or close to it) he circled out away from the cage. Rinse and a repeat to a decision win.[/b']

You don't need to full-on retreat to counterstrike. Good counter strikers circle to their opponents' weak side and never end up against the cage.