Official Jones vs Belfort poll

ultimatefightingchamp

I honestly don't see any way Jon Jones can win this fight. If he stands with Vitor he is going to go unconcious and I have no doubt in my mind that Greg Jackson is telling him right now how the biggest thing jon has to do to win this fight is 'whether the early storm' then vitor will gas, easy td and hellbows yada yada.

There is NO WAY jon will be able to whether the early storm, unlike machida vitor is going to pounce on him the second he smells blood and is going to attack him until he breaks. Another thing is that unlike the Silva fight, Vitor truly has nothing to lose going into this fight. There was so much at stake for the vitor and anderson fight and he got caught, fair enough but just listening to vitor he is taking this as a golden opportunity as he should and I truly see absolutely no way that jon jones will win this fight.

Vitor via 1st round Brutal KO. 2nd round at latest.

I honestly don't see any way Jon Jones can win this fight. If he stands with Vitor he is going to go unconcious and I have no doubt in my mind that Greg Jackson is telling him right now how the biggest thing jon has to do to win this fight is 'whether the early storm' then vitor will gas' date=' easy td and hellbows yada yada.

There is NO WAY jon will be able to whether the early storm, unlike machida vitor is going to pounce on him the second he smells blood and is going to attack him until he breaks. Another thing is that unlike the Silva fight, Vitor truly has nothing to lose going into this fight. There was so much at stake for the vitor and anderson fight and he got caught, fair enough but just listening to vitor he is taking this as a golden opportunity as he should and I truly see absolutely no way that jon jones will win this fight.

Vitor via 1st round Brutal KO. 2nd round at latest.[/quote']

Just like Vitor did to Anderson, right? :rolleyes: He hasn't shown that blitz technique in a long time, what makes you believe he's going to randomly be able to do it against Jones (besides obvious Jones hate)?

Just like Vitor did to Anderson' date=' right? :rolleyes: He hasn't shown that blitz technique in a long time, what makes you believe he's going to randomly be able to do it against Jones (besides obvious Jones hate)?

Because Vitor has nothing to lose this time, and I personally don't think that Jon has the chin or striking defense to be able to withstand a vitor blitz; not too mention the striking abilities of Jones and Anderson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...

Just like Vitor did to Anderson' date=' right? :rolleyes: He hasn't shown that blitz technique in a long time, what makes you believe he's going to randomly be able to do it against Jones (besides obvious Jones hate)?

Wrong, Vitor did the blitz to Rich Franklin like last year and did the blitz a little bit to Anthony Rumble recently this year, and then took it to Rear Naked Choke submission.

Wrong' date=' Vitor did the blitz to Rich Franklin like last year[/b'] and did the blitz a little bit to Anthony Rumble recently this year, and then took it to Rear Naked Choke submission.

Last year?

Try 2009...

He got taken down at will by Rumble, if Rumble wasn't such a fat *** who gasses after the first minute of the first round he would've probably won that fight by simply controlling Belfort on the ground.

Wrong' date=' Vitor did the blitz to Rich Franklin like last year and did the blitz a little bit to Anthony Rumble recently this year, and then took it to Rear Naked Choke submission.[/quote']

No, he only rushed in when he had them both hurt - totally different than his throw caution to the wind blitz style that made him a champion in two weight classes.

Because Vitor has nothing to lose this time' date=' and I personally don't think that Jon has the chin or striking defense to be able to withstand a vitor blitz; not too mention the striking abilities of Jones and Anderson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...[/quote']

Vitor always has nothing to lose, he doesn't have a belt and he's only looking worse with age - to say he looks worse is not a put down per se, we're talking going from a scary monster to a not-so-scary monster. Whether that has to do with his age, not using PEDs anymore, or the youngin's are just too fricken good now is not known to me.

Jones and Anderson's striking abilities shouldn't be compared? Riiiiight. :rolleyes: They are different, obviously, but both use their dynamic striking ability to hurt and confuse their opponents. They often use identical moves as well, like the front kick of doom. Jones may not be on the same level as Anderson's Aikido (lol) but he's just as, if not more, well rounded as Silva.

I honestly don't see any way Jon Jones can win this fight. If he stands with Vitor he is going to go unconcious and I have no doubt in my mind that Greg Jackson is telling him right now how the biggest thing jon has to do to win this fight is 'whether the early storm' then vitor will gas' date=' easy td and hellbows yada yada.

You actually made some valid points :eek:

With that said i still thinks Jones wins. But not a bad post by u!

Because Vitor has nothing to lose this time' date=' and I personally don't think that Jon has the chin or striking defense to be able to withstand a vitor blitz; not too mention the striking abilities of Jones and Anderson shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...[/quote']

Woaaah u were doing good up till this point.

Jones CHIN is legend. NOTHING will break his chin. His chin is constructed of granite, encrusted in a titanium shell, plated with a 1 inch thick layer of diamond, all soaked in a liquid bath of adamantium.

Jones 15 Belfort 12?? Really??

Not a lot of smart people on this forum. Even if you hate Jones, try to look at this fight neutrally and I think we can agree Jones wins. Come on guys this poll shouldn't even be this close.

Geez too many butthurt Jones haters. I used to think GSP haters were annoying, but now this is on a whole other level.

Not a lot of smart people on this forum. Even if you hate Jones' date=' try to look at this fight neutrally and I think we can agree Jones wins. Come on guys this poll shouldn't even be this close.

Geez too many butthurt Jones haters. I used to think GSP haters were annoying, but now this is on a whole other level.[/quote']

I think Machida won the poll against Jones :rolleyes:

Not a lot of smart people on this forum. Even if you hate Jones' date=' try to look at this fight neutrally and I think we can agree Jones wins. Come on guys this poll shouldn't even be this close.

Geez too many butthurt Jones haters. I used to think GSP haters were annoying, but now this is on a whole other level.[/quote']

I was thinking the exact same thing, nobody can take these haters seriously.

I bet there are Vitor fans and fanboys who really believe he can win, but really... It's this close, huh?

I'm a JBJ fan and I can tell you that if he ever fights DC, I might pick DC to win although I don't want him to.

These people who hate Jones seem to be incapable of the most basic of thought processes... Logic over emotions.

Do you ever stop trolling? Your trolling endurance is among the best I've ever seen.

is this poll trolling me?....

it is 21 Jones' date=' 21 Belfort

Belfort has no chance and will be murdered....[/quote']

Jones haters are on another whole level of stupid. Their emotions overcome their logic. Belfort will get murdered indeed. He won't even get close enough to use his punches. He's not known for kicks. This fight is gonna be like Jones vs Rampage. Jones distancing himself perfectly and avoiding power punches and blitz by Vitor. Not to mention Vitor's poor takedown defense. Size difference will be a joke. Geez, how does Vitor win this fight again?? I don't see it. Easy W for Jones. He'll finish Vitor and send him back to MW.

Jones haters are on another whole level of stupid. Their emotions overcome their logic. Belfort will get murdered indeed. He won't even get close enough to use his punches. He's not known for kicks. This fight is gonna be like Jones vs Rampage. Jones distancing himself perfectly and avoiding power punches and blitz by Vitor. Not to mention Vitor's poor takedown defense. Size difference will be a joke. Geez' date=' how does Vitor win this fight again?? I don't see it. Easy W for Jones. He'll finish Vitor and send him back to MW.[/quote']

I hate Jones, but love watching him fight. I would prefer if he was gagged at all times, then he would have more fans.

And he is a amazing fighter

sometime during the first round, someone is going to get punched in the face, while I eat hot wings and drink house draft beer. I pretty stoked about that. Then after the fight, I'm going to smack some chick upside the head with a "half full" glass of beer. Cheering frantically while foaming at the mouth. And then kindly tell her to get me another. Put it on my tab. I'll be back.

**** YOU YOU DIRTY *****!

I'm starting to believe the poll is being rigged by a mod :D

If I am to believe this poll, 23 people believe Vitor will win but only 4 or 5 actually gave their predictions on this fight and only one has said when the fight is going to end with Vitor winning.

There's only one explaination:

You're a hater - Logic doesn't apply.

You're a Belfort fanboy - Logic doesn't apply.

You're a Belfort fan - I would like you guys to tell me how you think he's going to win, how's he going to react to JBJ's advantages (wrestling and physical) and what round is he going to do it in, otherwise you're the worst of the bunch, which leads to...

Underdog *****es - You're the one who always picks the underdogs and then brags about it when they win like they're MMA gods, after failing 30 times before that.