So far, has Shane Carwin done the best against JDS?

RogerJones620

But to answer the question, Carwin sort of showed what you have to do to beat JDS. First off, you have to have a solid chin for this gameplan to work, but both times Carwin clipped JDS hard, he had him backing up. I don't think JDS can fight moving backwards. Someone has to brawl with him and get him moving back if they want to beat him. His TDD is solid, and his technical striking is second to none, IMO. I really do believe he'll be one of the most dominant HW's in the UFC.

Carwin was wearing the proverbial crimson mask by the end of that bout. And while he did go the distance, it was not close at all, I seem to remember a 10-8 round even. I believe Bob is correct in bringing up Nelson's name. Big Country was similarly unable to mount any real offense, but he also didn't take nearly the amount of damage that Shane did. Ultimately, both men were supremely outclassed in their initial meetings with the reigning Heavyweight Champion, but Roy at least left not taking a brutalization that Carwin took.

I may be mistaken, but has Shane even fought since losing to JDS? I can't think of another bout he's had since...

But to answer the question' date=' Carwin sort of showed what you have to do to beat JDS. First off, you have to have a solid chin for this gameplan to work, but both times Carwin clipped JDS hard, he had him backing up. I don't think JDS can fight moving backwards. Someone has to brawl with him and get him moving back if they want to beat him. His TDD is solid, and his technical striking is second to none, IMO. I really do believe he'll be one of the most dominant HW's in the UFC.[/quote']

Geronimo dos santos

mondragon.jpg

Out struck him and rocked JDS in the few seconds the fight was on the feet...JDS was lucky and shot for a TD (that's right he made JDS shot for a TD)and cut him with an elbow...docs stopped the fight

I think he did better in those few seconds then carwin did the whole fight

Good news is this dude just signed with the ufc

I would say that Joaquim Ferreira did the best.

This ^^

If you're not counting JDS sole lose, then i'd say Nelson did the best, he tagged JDS on numerous occasions. He was still severely outclassed and was dropped a couple times, but there's no shame in that when fighting Junior.

This ^^

If you're not counting JDS sole lose' date=' then i'd say Nelson did the best, he tagged JDS on numerous occasions. He was still severely outclassed and was dropped a couple times, but there's no shame in that when fighting Junior.[/quote']

Watch is fight with GDS on line and u will change ur mind

He rocked and outstruck JDS

I can't believe so many people are using a fight from 5 years ago to determine who would win now. JDS has improved in leaps and bounds since 2007. Let's see how Geronimo does in the UFC before we start making bold statements.

GDS is going to lose that's what will happen...Im not blind...he is a 2 wins - 1 loss kinda guy...he will not have a long ufc win streak and will never be top 10

But I can not deny what he brings to the table...a lot of power and an ability to recover fast and always be danger to anyone who stands with him

He is built to beat JDS but would lose to almost anyone else...styles make fights in this case

I expect him to lose 2 of his first 3 fights but if by some wacky **** up by Joe silva and matches JDS up with GDS (JDS would have to lose his title and need an easy rebound fight) I know JDS will be the one who's back up in the fight

GDS is going to lose that's what will happen...Im not blind...he is a 2 wins - 1 loss kinda guy...he will not have a long ufc win streak and will never be top 10

But I can not deny what he brings to the table...a lot of power and an ability to recover fast and always be danger to anyone who stands with him

He is built to beat JDS but would lose to almost anyone else...styles make fights in this case

I expect him to lose 2 of his first 3 fights but if by some wacky **** up by Joe silva and matches JDS up with GDS (JDS would have to lose his title and need an easy rebound fight) I know JDS will be the one who's back up in the fight

tumblr_m8rbdxEJu91r6dv7t.gif

crocop

I actually agree with this, even though he was stopped.

Fabricio Werdum, Gabriel Gonzaga, Gilbert Yvel, Stefan Struve, Frank Mir, and Cain Velasquez pretty much were all made to look like fools. Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson each took a tremendous amount of punishment in the first round, took some of the wind out of JDS, then were unable to land more than a few big shots while they got picked apart the rest of the fight.

Cro Cop was losing, no doubt, but he was also getting some good shots in throughout the fight and if I remember correctly he swelled JDS' eye up pretty bad. He didn't really get KO'd either, he just got hit in the eye and the doctor had to stop it.

JDS still beat him in a minute or so and I'd be willing to bet JDS is at least 10x better now than he was than. Couldn't say the same for GDS

and im willing to say i could make sasha grey cream in under 10 mins and im way more quilifed to say that statment then you are to say how good JDS got but that does not make it true

only fact you have said so far is JDS won fast...now here are some fact i have already said

GDS out struck JDS

JDS shot from a TD after being hit that made him back up

A Cut ended thier fight

What im getting at is GDS has had the best success i feel against JDS that does not include JDS solo loss

Carwin, much like Brock Lesnar, always struck me as the type of guy who could've dominated the UFC heavyweight division had he entered MMA in his early 20's. He would've been coming into the company right before the Zuffa purchase, and if he'd already added boxing training to his wrestling, he could've crushed people. I don't think guys like Tim Sylvia and Andre Arlovski could've posed that much of a threat to him in the mid 2000's. Could you imagine Carwin versus guys like Kevin Randleman, Marco Ruas, Pete Williams and Ron Waterman back in 1999?

Carwin' date=' much like Brock Lesnar, always struck me as the type of guy who could've dominated the UFC heavyweight division had he entered MMA in his early 20's. He would've been coming into the company right before the Zuffa purchase, and if he'd already added boxing training to his wrestling, he could've crushed people. I don't think guys like Tim Sylvia and Andre Arlovski could've posed that much of a threat to him in the mid 2000's. Could you imagine Carwin versus guys like Kevin Randleman, Marco Ruas, Pete Williams and Ron Waterman back in 1999?[/quote']

i agree...if he came earlier it would have helped him but was he not playing ball back then?

he also would hav ehad to deal with prime randy i think and a prime arlovski who i think both were well rounded enough to beat him...but eveyone else would be on a fast track to a KO i think

Geronimo dos santos

mondragon.jpg

Out struck him and rocked JDS in the few seconds the fight was on the feet...JDS was lucky and shot for a TD (that's right he made JDS shot for a TD)and cut him with an elbow...docs stopped the fight

Seriously mate Geronimo Dos Santos is a B level fighter. JDS made quick Work of him in under 3 minutes 4 years ago. I saw the fight... Geronimo was swinging recklessly like a gorilla, caught JDS with 1 punch and immediately got taken down. In no way did he "make" JDS shoot, he was just so open for the TD.

Geronimo dos santos

mondragon.jpg

He has strung together a lot of wins but I doubt he ever fights for the UFC belt. He's also put on some weight since that first fight with JDS.' date=' he has to cut to make 265

Speed kills yo.[/color']

To answer the OP's question, as far as the UFC goes Nelson did better than Carwin. JDS' was gassed in the 3rd round of the nelson fight and his face face still has scars from where Roy opened him up.

Overall you could say Joaquim Ferreira has done the best, as he actually beat him.

and im willing to say i could make sasha grey cream in under 10 mins and im way more quilifed to say that statment then you are to say how good JDS got but that does not make it true

only fact you have said so far is JDS won fast...now here are some fact i have already said

GDS out struck JDS

JDS shot from a TD after being hit that made him back up

A Cut ended thier fight

What im getting at is GDS has had the best success i feel against JDS that does not include JDS solo loss

Out struck him in a 1 minute fight that he lost.... amazing.

Who cares? He took him down and finished him quickly...

He was getting beat up anyway, if they didn't interrupt to check the cut JDS would have just beat the crap out of him.

This fight was 4 years, JDS was 1 year into his MMA career and he has gone on and become the UFC HW champion.

GDS has done nothing but beat up complete cans and lose to semi-decent competition and has been TKOed/KOed 5 times since.

His chances of ever getting a title shot are minimal and beating JDS is even less likely.