2 and a half days without a cigarette

12еr

After 12 years of smoking I'm finally quitting.

My scale tells me I've gained 4 pounds in 2 days and my cardio feels about 50% worse than it was on Saturday. I was expecting this but it's still aggravating me.

What else is coming my way? :(

My scale tells me I've gained 4 pounds in 2 days and my cardio feels about 50% worse than it was on Saturday. I was expecting this but it's still aggravating me.

Stay with it man. The hard part is usually after 3 weeks when your body has purged all traces of the nicotine, but, get through that and it gets easier every day.

I quit in 09 after 25 years. I lit up another cigarette which i didn't really want and thought, yet again, why the **** do i do this, and quit.

You have to really want to quit, but if you do, and you stick with it, eventually, when you watch other people smoke, you'll see it for the dumb ****ing addiction that it really is and wonder how you ever could have been that ****ing stupid...

I quit back in '06 haven't touched a cig since but the monster never goes away completely. I still have the urge every once in a while.

I didn't smoke for 3 1/2 months during basic training' date=' and I quit for a month about 2 years ago. I didn't really want either time though, now I'm going to start having kids and actually want to quit.

I made it 2 and half minutes this morning. Been smoking for 9.5 years. I really should quit. Good Luck !!!

Thanks homie. One day you'll decide your ready to let it go and you will.

WAR 12'er. Congrats' date=' one day at a time man, keep it up.[/quote']

Thanks Stomp. I'm through day 3.

Better hit the gym and get all that nasty **** out of your lungs and mount an offensive against the weight your gonna gain.

Yes sir. Gym kicked my *** today' date=' my lungs must be starting to heal because my normal routine had me so winded today. Get back at it tomorrow.

Lmao, but in all seriousness, congrats OP.

Thanks for the support Shub.

Congrats man' date=' keep it up.[/quote']

I will man, thanks.

I'm going to give the e-cigarette a try to help me quit. I just ordered a trial kit today.

I tried those a few years ago' date=' I wasn' too impressed. They were a brand new concept at the time, hopefully they've improved them.

Good for you man, stick with it.

I am and I will, thanks for the support brother.

So glad I dodged that addiction. I grew up in a VERY small town where there wasn't a whole lot to do. All the kids got into smoking cigarettes. Literally almost every close childhood friend I have, as well as all of my brothers childhood friends are all hooked on cigarettes to this day.

Very glad I listened to the advice my mother drilled into my head about never, ever touching them. (My grand father - her dad - died from lung cancer from cigarette smoking) So from the moment I could listen I was told tobacco is the devil.

Good luck OP!

My friend smoked for 15 years and quit cold turkey for like 114 days or something like that. We had a golf tournament Labor Day weekend and he had 2 cigarettes which I told him was not worth ruining his streak but he did anyway and now he hasn't smoked since so he is on 9 days. That addiction is crazy because I thought that he was completely done after he had been drunk a few times without smoking.

I also know two others that smoked for 10 years or so and quit with that e-cig. They both used it for about a month or two and then quit all together. All of them say that they feel way better now that they don't smoke.

So glad I dodged that addiction. I grew up in a VERY small town where there wasn't a whole lot to do. All the kids got into smoking cigarettes. Literally almost every close childhood friend I have' date=' as well as all of my brothers childhood friends are all hooked on cigarettes to this day.

Very glad I listened to the advice my mother drilled into my head about never, ever touching them. (My grand father - her dad - died from lung cancer from cigarette smoking) So from the moment I could listen I was told tobacco is the devil.

Good luck OP![/quote']

It's kind of the same situation for me. My dad always told me that he would kick my *** if he caught me smoking and most of my friends smoked. I tried it but I never liked it but didn't bother me a lot that friends did it until the bars quit allowing smoking. After that I realized how awesome it was to not stink like **** all of the time. After a few of my friends quit for a year or two I got drunk and took a cigarette and then blew smoke in their faces for about 5 minutes. They were all *****ing because they thought that it stunk and it made them sick. I just laughed and said that they deserve it for all of the years that I had to sit through that ****.

Depends on what made you quit. For me, I quit smoking 4 years ago because it started making me physically sick and it was necessary to stop. The only side effect I got was better cardio and a higher sense of smell. (not to mention preventing heart disease and cancer)

If you are quitting because you just want to stop and you still want to smoke, common side effects will be weight gain, trouble sleeping, and easy irritation.

gl bro.

Gratz and good luck. Having lived with... 4 people now that have all tried to quit smoking, the most important thing seems to be to never give in. All of the 4 went months without a smoke and all of them wanted "just one", down the road. Eventually it became a couple times a week, then...

Keep at it. :)

Bump for encouragment. Go 12'er.

Thanks man. 4 days down.

+1.

Keep it up 12'er...:D

+2

Depends on what made you quit. For me' date=' I quit smoking 4 years ago because it started making me physically sick and it was necessary to stop. The only side effect I got was better cardio and a higher sense of smell. (not to mention preventing heart disease and cancer)

If you are quitting because you just want to stop and you still want to smoke, common side effects will be weight gain, trouble sleeping, and easy irritation.

gl bro.[/quote']

I'm quitting because I've wanted to quit but its been convenient not to. I decided when my wife got pregnant I would quit before the baby comes. Found out a few weeks ago and here I am. Hopefully quitting will inspire my mom to quit as well.

Gratz and good luck. Having lived with... 4 people now that have all tried to quit smoking' date=' the most important thing seems to be to never give in. All of the 4 went months without a smoke and all of them wanted "just one", down the road. Eventually it became a couple times a week, then...

Keep at it. :)[/quote']

I appreciate the encouragement guys. It was actually a really rough day for me, found out we miscarried and I almost said **** it and gave in. One of my co-workers that has no idea I was quitting lit one up and I was about to ask him for one but I decided I've come this far, no reason to make excuses about feeling sorry for myself. I just drank my coffee and went about shooting the ****.

It was actually a really rough day for me' date=' found out we miscarried and I almost said **** it and gave in..[/quote']

Wow, i really feel for you man, and your wife too. I've been through the same thing, so i kinda know how you must be feeling

Hang in there with the quitting tho. If you don't cave in now, you gotta have a good shot at beating it

Wow' date=' i really feel for you man, and your wife too. I've been through the same thing, so i kinda know how you must be feeling

Hang in there with the quitting tho. If you don't cave in now, you gotta have a good shot at beating it[/quote']

Thanks man. It's actually a lot more common a problem than you realize before you start trying to have kids.

Sorry man' date=' no disrespect intended.[/quote']

haha nah its all good man. I appreciate the sentiment, you're trying to fire me up. I was going to get that chantix but the hospital would only prescribe it if I went to smoking cessation classes and I'm not going to do that.

haha nah its all good man. I appreciate the sentiment' date=' you're trying to fire me up. I was going to get that chantix but the hospital would only prescribe it if I went to smoking cessation classes and I'm not going to do that.[/quote']

True story...A not friend not of mine's mom wanted to quit. She did the gum. Now she smokes while chewing.

Oh and by the way, don't take quit smoking helpers.

Companies like Nicorette rely on smokers to fuel their business. In essence, the company that is trying to make you quit smoking wants people to smoke so they can sell their product.

Bottom line dude, quit cold turkey, the only way to quit.

Oh and by the way' date=' don't take quit smoking helpers.

Companies like Nicorette rely on smokers to fuel their business. In essence, the company that is trying to make you quit smoking wants people to smoke so they can sell their product.

Bottom line dude, quit cold turkey, the only way to quit.[/quote']

That's what I did.

26 years.

recently quit.

True story...A not friend not of mine's mom wanted to quit. She did the gum. Now she smokes while chewing.

Lol' date=' true dat G_row. I tried using the patches years ago and failed miserably. Ended up smoking twice as many..:)

Oh and by the way, don't take quit smoking helpers.

Bottom line dude, quit cold turkey, the only way to quit.

Seriously good advice mate.

That's what I did.

26 years.

recently quit.

Same here G-row. It worked for me because i finally wanted to quit rather than just thinking i kinda oughta.