Which fighter would represent The UFC the best?

Brady969

After watching another interview with Brian Stann' date=' I'm convinced he would represent The UFC better than anyone ever has.

I really like how sincere and respectful he is to everyone without being kooky. He reminds me of the late Evan Tanner without the kooky behavior.[/quote']

this is an interesting and somewhat unique question

GSP is an amazing ambassador. He gets insulted a lot because people tend to pick on someone who has so much going for them and is a truly nice guy, but I think he is an amazing representative

Jon Jones is also a very very good choice. Captured the belt at the youngest age ever and has never truly been bested by an opponent. Think it is in his nature to want to be the positive role model for kids and do all the right things. Similar to GSP he gets flack for no good reason but he has a lot of great qualities to be a solid representative of UFC

I also like your choice of Brain Stann. The more I hear from him, the more I respect his motives and ethic. He obviously needs to compile many more wins before he should be the representative for the sport....but if he strung together a great 2 years I wouldn't mind seeing more of him

those are my 3 choices

Brian Stann would be a bad choice. He's an amazing fit, but he's just not good enough to truly represent what the UFC is, and that's pure talent.

Jones in a couple years when he finds himself.

GSP or Silva would be a better fit now. Maybe JDS after a handful of consecutive title defenses.

Brian Stann would be a bad choice. He's an amazing fit' date=' but he's just not good enough to truly represent what the UFC is, and that's pure talent.

Jones in a couple years when he finds himself.

GSP or Silva would be a better fit now. Maybe JDS after a handful of consecutive title defenses.[/quote']

I wasn't talking about skill. Obviously if he wins the belt, he did enough to be the best but I was talking about representing MMA and The UFC as an embasador of respect, honor, trustworthiness....Boy Scout type sh/t.

I was talking about representing MMA and The UFC as an embasador of respect' date=' honor, trustworthiness....Boy Scout type sh/t.[/quote']

yeah he'd be good in that respect

its funny cuz i remember he seemed conceited and i thought i wouldn't like him when i first saw him. just goes to show you, don't judge a book by its cover

but yeah, beyond that its gonna be skill that determines who the "michael jordan of mma" will be. to the mainstream, there will be that one guy who represents the sport. i think either gsp, jon jones, or jds will end up breaking through more than the rest and be the ambassador. honestly, all 3 would be great ambassadors. i always noticed that the best fighters ever tend to be respectable guys

Rich Franklin imo is one of the best you could ever get imo.

A guy tough as Nails has fought the best yet one of the most respectful and intelligent fighters out there

I have to go with Georges St. Pierre' date=' Rich Franklin, [b']Junior Dos Santos[/b], and Cain Velasquez. When it comes to class, those guys stand above any other active UFC fighter. I'm sure there are a few more that I'm forgetting.

Very good choices. Stann is also a good choice. Randy (even though retired) is always a great ambassador.

Machida, Bisping (Yeah laugh it up :-) ), Rory and Faber can all speak to other crowds and represent the UFC very well.

There are more and more guys who combine the skills in the octagon as well as being the respectful, well spoken fellows.