UFC Event: Don't Get Your Hopes Up

Well, the first real superfight since GSP/Penn is canceled. Along with the co-main event. Excellent news for people who hate fights.

Until I see two fighters in the cage at the same time I'm never expecting another fight to happen again.

I literally never get excited for fights anymore. Literally. This was the only fight I've gotten excited for in a LONG time. Shame. **** Aldo.

I don't even know who to blame anymore... i think i have a solution tho.

STOP fighting a couple times a year. Fight more often and no one will care about injuries because there will be so many good fighters to take there place.

UFC 153 has been decimated 149 style' date=' those poor fans who bought tickets expecting to see Aldo, Rampage and Belfort have lost all three of the main cards biggest pulls :eek:[/quote']

Seriously this **** sucks. These guys hardly ever fight as it is.......

I have said this before....shorten the amount of time for training camps leading up to fights. Make it 4-6 weeks instead of the usual 8+ weeks for fights. This will not only eliminate the time available for somebody to pull out, but also would make it less of a big deal if it happens as their would less time for promotion and more focus on the actual fight itself. Also this would force fighters to train more year round for technique, then train cardio like a machine for the month before the fight. This is just an idea but i think it could work...

I just said in another thread that I'm thinking it's the length of fight notice these days in UFC...

It came to mind recently when a SF fighter was complaining about always being given only 4-5 weeks notice for fights. I noticed that SF (and Bellator) have far less injury pullouts than UFC does. The biggest notice they seem to give is only for main events and that is usually 8-12 weeks.

UFC are giving more and more notice to fighters in recent years due to wanting to do earlier marketing and promotion. Tickets also go on sale a lot earlier now. Typical main event notice is 12-18 weeks, with other fights one the card ranging from 6-12 weeks.

I think these guys getting too much notice is the problem, they probably go a bit stir crazy holding back in the gym for such a long period of time and end up going at it too hard.

Dana has claimed it is to do with gyms having more and more tougher guys that they are getting injured more often, yet as I said you don't see half the fight changes/cancellations in Bellator or SF. Fighters in those organisations are in the same gyms as UFC fighters...

I just said in another thread that I'm thinking it's the length of fight notice these days in UFC...

It came to mind recently when a SF fighter was complaining about always being given only 4-5 weeks notice for fights. I noticed that SF (and Bellator) have far less injury pullouts than UFC does. The biggest notice they seem to give is only for main events and that is usually 8-12 weeks.

UFC are giving more and more notice to fighters in recent years due to wanting to do earlier marketing and promotion. Tickets also go on sale a lot earlier now. Typical main event notice is 12-18 weeks' date=' with other fights one the card ranging from 6-12 weeks.

I think these guys getting too much notice is the problem, they probably go a bit stir crazy holding back in the gym for such a long period of time and end up going at it too hard.

Dana has claimed it is to do with gyms having more and more tougher guys that they are getting injured more often, yet as I said you don't see half the fight changes/cancellations in Bellator or SF. Fighters in those organisations are in the same gyms as UFC fighters...[/quote']

Such a valid argument its ridiculous. I vote you take over as President of the UFC.

Spank u sir.

Will be interesting next year when Dana takes off 3-6 months for his ear surgery thing and Lorenzo steps in for sure...

Ah I didn't even know that... yea it should give us a glimpse into a future UFC without the big bossman.

It could be a bad thing tho... :eek::confused:

Ah I didn't even know that... yea it should give us a glimpse into a future UFC without the big bossman.

It could be a bad thing tho... :eek::confused:

TBH, I'm one of those people that pays real close attention to the 'little things'', n one thing I have noticed is that quite often Dana has been unaware of so many things going on in UFC that others in the UFC HAVE known about. So I think that a distribution of duties has already begun, alongside of us seeing more of Lorenzo in the media, interviews, events, press conferences etc

TBH' date=' I'm one of those people that pays real close attention to the 'little things'', n one thing I have noticed is that quite often Dana has been unaware of so many things going on in UFC that others in the UFC HAVE known about. So I think that a distribution of duties has already begun, alongside of us seeing more of Lorenzo in the media, interviews, events, press conferences etc[/quote']

Yea he is only one man, how much can he really do before it starts becoming too much for him to handle?

They say that when you go go go without taking any breaks you get sick. Why? It's you're body telling you to slow down, and if you won't slow down on your own, your body will make you.