Possible Solution to the Injuries...?

tuf1_

Do you guys think some kind of bonus system would give guys any extra incentive to say, not train as hard or "duck". Maybe something like

2 fights in a row without pulling out, 10% bonus of your purse

3 fights in a row without pulling out, 20% bonus of your purse

etc.

Discuss :(

SF this year have given most fighters only 3-5 weeks on average notice for fights (except for main event, average 6-8 weeks).

How many injury pull outs have you read about for SF this year....

EXACTLY!

UFC need to pull back on the marketing machine which has seen them announce fights further and further in advance in order to maximise marketing and promotion opportunities. Days of old I dont remember fights being announced 3-4 months in advance :confused:

This to me could be the solution to this problem, as you can see a pattern emerging linked to fight notice...

SF this year have given most fighters only 3-5 weeks on average notice for fights (except for main event' date=' average 6-8 weeks).

How many injury pull outs have you read about for SF this year....

EXACTLY!

UFC need to pull back on the marketing machine which has seen them announce fights further and further in advance in order to maximise marketing and promotion opportunities. Days of old I dont remember fights being announced 3-4 months in advance :confused:

This to me could be the solution to this problem, as you can see a pattern emerging linked to fight notice...[/quote']

Good point.

sf this year have given most fighters only 3-5 weeks on average notice for fights (except for main event' date=' average 6-8 weeks).

How many injury pull outs have you read about for sf this year....

Exactly!

Ufc need to pull back on the marketing machine which has seen them announce fights further and further in advance in order to maximise marketing and promotion opportunities. Days of old i dont remember fights being announced 3-4 months in advance :confused:

This to me could be the solution to this problem, as you can see a pattern emerging linked to fight notice...[/quote']

10/10

I've seen an article saying that 78 fights got changed this year alone now that number might be closer to 85' date=' that's ridiculous...

Way too much ****ing events, I say...

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/9/3/3282953/the-agony-of-the-injury-ufcs-2012-badly-slowed-by-health-woes[/quote']

number of events has nothing to do with the injuries.

They however are more NOTICABLE because more cards are affected, but having a bigger roster and more cards has nothing to do with injuries.

It UFC has 12 events a year for example, that would be 144 fights, so on average fighter appearances per year that would mean a roster of circa 70 fighters to cover it. If 10% of fighters got injured and pulled out of fights that would mean just 7 changes/cancellations.

However, on UFC's current schedule we see circa 30 events this year covered by a roster of around 300 fighters. So if again the same 10% injury rate is applied, that is 30 fights changed of cancelled.

So therefore the number of events does not Cause more injuries to occur, it just highlights the problem more by virtue of the scale being larger

number of events has nothing to do with the injuries.

They however are more NOTICABLE because more cards are affected' date=' but having a bigger roster and more cards has nothing to do with injuries.

It UFC has 12 events a year for example, that would be 144 fights, so on average fighter appearances per year that would mean a roster of circa 70 fighters to cover it. If 10% of fighters got injured and pulled out of fights that would mean just 7 changes/cancellations.

However, on UFC's current schedule we see circa 30 events this year covered by a roster of around 300 fighters. So if again the same 10% injury rate is applied, that is 30 fights changed of cancelled.

So therefore the number of events does not [i']Cause[/i] more injuries to occur, it just highlights the problem more by virtue of the scale being larger

When I say they have too many events, I'm talking about the roster that right now cannot handle these many fights.

Lyoto and Shogun both would be easy replacements for Rampage, but they can't beacuse they've just fought a while ago, if they had lesser events they might've been ready to fight at this point.

Back in late August when Hendo pulled out, replacement for Jones started flying everywhere. Sonnen steps up--Jones declines--Machida put in--then declines--then a WTF fight with Vitor Belfort is put together. That day was a a total cluster****!!!

Now today we start off with both Main and Co main injuries for UFC 153.

I'm thinking we might have another crazy day ahead of us. I'm excited to see what fights are going to be made. Hopefully they're some good replacement fights :o

Yeah don't remember this many injuries back in the old days either. Good point Jonesy.

The difference is that the old fighter are real fighters, old school fighters are the $hit, the new school fighters like JBJ, Aldo couldnt hold the jock straps of cotoure, gracie, coleman, liddel, Severn, hughes.. Old school fighter are the truth and cant be touched by these injury prone prima donas

Seems like all the big ones too. Aldo/Edgar and Page/Glover were probably the top 2 fights I was most looking forward too. Atleast Penn/Rory is safe. Penn doesn't train and Rory is on enough steroids he probably heals faster than Wolverine.

lmao

But Penn will get food poisoning and Rory will get busted for PEDs so it is not that safe hahahaha