Greed 101 - Don't Get Greedy

Dana is getting too greedy. It happens to just about eveyone, you get too greedy and it comes back to bite you in the ***.

With Dana having his champs defend their belts 1-2 times a year (Jones excluded, ironically) and his star fighters fighting 1-2 times a year, he is essentially protecting his investments. An undefeated champ/fighter sells more then a fighter/champ that has recently lost.

Dana building a card around a single fight, and filling the rest with fluff, saves his other stars for other cards, essentially stretching his profit margins.

Greed 101 - Don't Get Greedy.

greedy2.jpg

What are your guys thoughts on this?

When they're lackluster because the fighters pull out' date=' then yes.

The only time I gave Dana slack for a card was 147, other than that the fighters have single handily ruined every card by consistently pulling out one after another.

Like I said, don't hire bums who can't do their job. (Rampage, Aldo, GSP.)[/quote']

If these fighters were booked for more fights, then they wouldn't train as long, lowering the chance for injurie. Who books the fights again?

"I'll fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me" -9/10 UFC Fighters

So his fighters are to blame for lackluster cards?

I'd rather watch "lackluster" cards with up and comers on them to get fights frequently over seeing 1 card a month so you can already know the name of everyone fighting.

The established dudes don't even show up to fight half the time, even when they show up physically. Give me the younger dudes who are hungry and looking to make a name over these washed up millionaires looking for a safe paycheck.

I'd rather watch "lackluster" cards with up and comers on them to get fights frequently over seeing 1 card a month so you can already know the name of everyone fighting.

The established dudes don't even show up to fight half the time' date=' even when they show up physically. Give me the younger dudes who are hungry and looking to make a name over these washed up millionaires looking for a safe paycheck.[/quote']

Even the up and comers hardly ever fight.

Example: Rory Mcdonald - Fights 1-2 times per year

Example: Erick Silva - Fights 1-2 times per year

The UFC can't force the guys to fight. It's their decision when they fight' date=' so it's their fault when they ruin a card.

And if we're talking about fighting more often, look no further then the bum in your av who fights once a year even when he's not injured.[/quote']

First, hes not a bum, lol. Second I agree he SHOULD be fighting WAYYY more then 1 time a year. I think it's crazy.....

Another popular quote from 9/10 UFC Fighters...

"I'm just waiting for the call" -9/10 UFC Fighters

You hardly ever see ANY UFC fighter fight more then 1-2 times per year now a days......

Yea, it's pretty absurd. Dana always used to say that the best fighters in the world fight three times a year. WTF is this once a year, twice a year crap? What on earth has kept a guy like Anthony Pettis from competing when his last performance in February didn't even last a single round?

When they're lackluster because the fighters pull out' date=' then yes.

The only time I gave Dana slack for a card was 147, other than that the fighters have single handily ruined every card by consistently pulling out one after another.

Like I said, don't hire bums who can't do their job. (Rampage, Aldo, GSP.)[/quote']

Don't forget Condit.

Yea' date=' it's pretty absurd. Dana always used to say that the best fighters in the world fight three times a year. WTF is this once a year, twice a year crap? What on earth has kept a guy like Anthony Pettis from competing when his last performance in February didn't even last a single round?[/quote']

he didn't keep Pettis out... he had a surgery done. Hes going to fight cowboy soon...