What will Americas response be to Libya

MaximumBob

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/obama-condemns-killing-of-us-ambassador-to-libya-1

Four Americans, including the American ambassado to Libya, have been killed by attacks on American embassy by Muslims angered by a film mocking Islam.

What do you think Obama's response will be if any How far should he go to punish those responsible.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/obama-condemns-killing-of-us-ambassador-to-libya-1

Four Americans' date=' including the American ambassado to Libya, have been killed by attacks on American embassy by Muslims angered by a film mocking Islam.

What do you think Obama's response will be if any How far should he go to punish those responsible.[/quote']

There's not much that can be done, honestly. It wasn't government forces that attacked the embassy, it was ordinary citizens. If anything, we could pull our diplomats out of the country and cut aid.

There will not be any response. This was not a gov't attack on the Embassy' date=' it was an attack by radicals for a movie they feel made fun of Mohammed, a film produced by an American co.

Senseless.[/quote']

There's not much that can be done' date=' honestly. It wasn't government forces that attacked the embassy, it was ordinary citizens. If anything, we could pull our diplomats out of the country and cut aid.[/quote']

I agree with you both. Diplomats are considered sacrosanct so Obama has to show some reaction other than words. Given the fragility of the region, and of Muslim sensabilities, i just wondered how he will resolve this without furthering an escalation of tension and violence, by Islamic fanatics already inflamed by another film they percieve as insulting their prophet and their religion.

It seems the "chickens have come home to roost" the very people they helped arm are now attacking them' date=' which considering who they were and are affiliated with is no surprise.

The US response? well they could ask for their guns back, but I dont think that will go down too well.[/quote']

You do realize the UK helped as well, correct?

It seems the "chickens have come home to roost" the very people they helped arm are now attacking them' date=' which considering who they were and are affiliated with is no surprise.

[b']The US response? well they could ask for their guns back, but I dont think that will go down too well.[/[/b]QUOTE]

I think they might go a little further than asking for their guns back..:)

The point though, is that diplomats are the front line in averting major international incidents.

They are generally considered untouchable.

Canada has just closed its embassy in Iran and severed all diplomatic ties. America may well do the same now in Libya.

Given the recent uprising's across the region, and the filling of the political void, by political Islam, is this the right time to be severing diplomatic ties?.

If not, then how does Obama protect his diplomat's from further attacks?. What message should he send and how should he send it.

[b']The US response? well they could ask for their guns back, but I dont think that will go down too well.[/[/b]QUOTE]

I think they might go a little further than asking for their guns back..:)

The point though, is that diplomats are the front line in averting major international incidents.

They are generally considered untouchable.

Canada has just closed its embassy in Iran and severed all diplomatic ties. America may well do the same now in Libya.

Given the recent uprising's across the region, and the filling of the political void, by political Islam, is this the right time to be severing diplomatic ties?.

If not, then how does Obama protect his diplomat's from further attacks?. What message should he send and how should he send it.

The article states that Obama has no ill will towards the government but will reinforce the area with so future diplomats have more protection.

If you think Im in agreement with the British governments foreign policy then you are very much mistaken.

This may be true, but I never see Europeans criticize their own govt. . I think it would be distasteful of me to criticize another country's govt and it gets very irritating seeing it over and over again. We get it, its very hip to hate the U.S. No one is above doing it even when their own countries foreign policy is identical.

I don't mind as much when its fellow Americans doing it, that is like your brother or sister calling you a son of a *****. You don't care more, but if your neighbor does it well those are fighting words.

At any rate, I don't see how allowing the Libyan govt slaughter the rebels would have been the high road here. Not sure what you're beef is in this situation.

The article states that Obama has no ill will towards the government but will reinforce the area with so future diplomats have more protection.

I read that too, but that does'nt address the deaths of four American diplomats.

Obama can't just let that slide, but, any form of retribution will have to be directed at the Libyan civilians responsible, which can only inflame and feed the hatred that radicals already feel towards the USA.

Obama's in a tight spot.

I read that too' date=' but that does'nt address the deaths of four American diplomats.

Obama can't just let that slide, but, any form of retribution will have to be directed at the Libyan civilians responsible, which can only inflame and feed the hatred that radicals already feel towards the USA.

Obama's in a tight spot.[/quote']

This wouldn't be the first time that American diplomats have been killed without retribution. There have been over 110 US diplomats killed abroad and many are unsolved murders. I don't know why people believe that diplomats are untouchable when we have one killed every couple of years.

I agree with you both. Diplomats are considered sacrosanct so Obama has to show some reaction other than words. Given the fragility of the region' date=' and of Muslim sensabilities, i just wondered how he will resolve this without furthering an escalation of tension and violence, by Islamic fanatics already inflamed by another film they percieve as insulting their prophet and their religion.[/quote']

Anyone else still think that religion is a good thing?

This wouldn't be the first time that American diplomats have been killed without retribution. There have been over 110 US diplomats killed abroad and many are unsolved murders. I don't know why people believe that diplomats are untouchable when we have one killed every couple of years.

Diplomats are not killed every few years. This is the first one killed since 1979.

This may be true' date=' but I never see Europeans criticize their own govt. . I think it would be distasteful of me to criticize another country's govt and it gets very irritating seeing it over and over again. We get it, its very hip to hate the U.S. No one is above doing it even when their own countries foreign policy is identical.[/quote']

You're using prejudice to tar me with the same brush yet you know nothing about me, or where Im from. If you dont want to criticize the injustices that happen around the world that costs lives then more fool you. The US embassy was bombed so obviously the main topic in the discussion will be about the US, wtf? its at the heart of the western aggression towards the middle east so of course it will be at the centre of most discussions, it has nothing to do with being "hip" thats a stupid statement.

For your information ive also had lengthy disscussions with Maximumbob about the UK governments foibles past and present.

I don't mind as much when its fellow Americans doing it, that is like your brother or sister calling you a son of a *****. You don't care more, but if your neighbor does it well those are fighting words.

Well this is where me and you differ, injustice is injustice in my eyes no matter who points it out.

At any rate, I don't see how allowing the Libyan govt slaughter the rebels would have been the high road here. Not sure what you're beef is in this situation.

What do you know about those so called rebels that needed saving? did you know that they were linked to Al Qeada? things are not always as they appear.

Not sure of my beef? come on do you really need to ask that question? what happens around the world affects everyone, not to mention the real possiblity of WW3.

Diplomats are not killed every few years. This is the first one killed since 1979.

LOL, wrong. I''m sure that I missed a few but Barbara Green and her daughter were killed in Pakistan in 2002 by a grenade attack. David Foy was also killed in Pakistan in 2006 by a bomb. Diplomats were killed in 88 and 95 too along with a few of their employees.Those are just the U.S. ones that were killed that I could find with a quick search. It is fairly common.

LOL' date=' wrong. I''m sure that I missed a few but Barbara Green and her daughter were killed in Pakistan in 2002 by a grenade attack. David Foy was also killed in Pakistan in 2006 by a bomb. Diplomats were killed in 88 and 95 too along with a few of their employees.Those are just the U.S. ones that were killed that I could find with a quick search. It is fairly common.[/quote']

Googled it. You are right, in the article I read earlier the author of the article is spreading misinformation. Should have fact checked it before I made such a bold statement.

Still, a rare occurrence.

You're using prejudice to tar me with the same brush yet you know nothing about me' date=' or where Im from. If you dont want to criticize the injustices that happen around the world that costs lives then more fool you. The US embassy was bombed so obviously the main topic in the discussion will be about the US, wtf? its at the heart of the western aggression towards the middle east so of course it will be at the centre of most discussions, it has nothing to do with being "hip" thats a stupid statement.

For your information ive also had lengthy disscussions with Maximumbob about the UK governments foibles past and present.

Well this is where me and you differ, injustice is injustice in my eyes no matter who points it out.

What do you know about those so called rebels that needed saving? did you know that they were linked to Al Qeada? things are not always as they appear.

Not sure of my beef? come on do you really need to ask that question? what happens around the world affects everyone, not to mention the real possiblity of WW3.[/quote']

This will be my last post in this thread because it's not worth getting aggrevated over right now.

You're using prejudice to tar me with the same brush yet you know nothing about me, or where Im from.

I'm not prejudiced. That's a ridiculous statement to make. I do know where you are from because it is stated in your profile.

The US embassy was bombed so obviously the main topic in the discussion will be about the US, wtf? its at the heart of the western aggression towards the middle east

That is the topic, but when you make pithy comments about how "they armed them and asking for them back"... well that makes you sound like an arrogant ******. It wasn't just us who armed and helped the rebels, it wasn't until I pointed this out that you used the term "Western" aggression. Before you had the finger pointed us the U.S when we were in good company.

You may have, I never seem to run across these conversations. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

No doubt some of them were religious extremists, but had we done nothing about it then we would be receiving criticism for that. Perhaps you think we should have let the chips fall where they may, but I don't think we should stand by while a dictator brings tanks against defenseless people.

Also, the thing that has not been mentioned yet in this thread is that this bombing was in retaliation to a movie made by an ISRAELI...... we didn't even do anything.

My guess is

Obama will apologize for the offensive video

we will attack some random people we feel were responsible for the deaths

in America, out of fear of further violence, more freedoms (this time speech and expression) will be limited by law or abandoned for "safety" because too many Americans have become gaping vaj's.

The government will start censoring more anti-islamic images, and content from the web/videos. Muhammed and his special goo man, amazing!

smh

extremism and terrorism win

Googled it. You are right' date=' in the article I read earlier the author of the article is spreading misinformation. Should have fact checked it before I made such a bold statement.

Still, a rare occurrence.[/quote']

The accurate stat is that an American embassy hasn't been overthrown since 1979 in Iran. These were not just outbursts stemming from a youtube video. They were coordinated attacks. Heads must roll.

There's not much that can be done' date=' honestly. It wasn't government forces that attacked the embassy, it was ordinary citizens. If anything, we could pull our diplomats out of the country and cut aid.[/quote']

Things like this don't happen in these countries unless the powers at be allow them to. Egypt especially.

US officials probing possibility embassy attack planned to mark 9/11

By Associated Press

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - Updated 2 minutes ago

WASHINGTON ? U.S. officials say the Obama administration is investigating whether the assault on the U.S. consulate in Libya was a planned terrorist strike to mark the an niversary of 9/11, and not a spontaneous mob enraged over a anti-Islamic YouTube video

Intelligence officials said the attack on the Benghazi consulate was too coordinated or professional to be spontaneous, according to a U.S. counterterrorism official.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the incident publicly.

The Cairo-Tehran Express

Egyptian-Iranian intelligence meeting prompts fears of a new Middle East terror axis

Mohamed Morsi, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad / AP

BY: Bill Gertz

September 11, 2012 6:31 pm

U.S. intelligence agencies recently monitored a secret meeting between Egypt?s intelligence chief and a senior Iranian spy that is raising new fears the Muslim Brotherhood government in Cairo could begin covertly supporting global terrorism.

According to U.S. officials, the head of the Egyptian General Intelligence Service, Maj. Gen. Murad Muwafi, met in early August with a senior official of Iran?s Ministry of Intelligence and Security (MOIS).

Disclosure of the Egyptian-Iranian intelligence meeting comes as the Obama administration is planning to provide $1 billion in aid to bail out Egypt?s new Islamist government. The administration is said to be seeking closer ties to the new regime in Cairo, following the ouster in February 2011 of long-time ally Hosni Mubarak.

Many members of the pro-democratic, anti-Muslim Brotherhood opposition in Egypt believe the Obama administration has made a covert pact to support the Morsi regime.

Since the revolution that led to the ouster of the pro-U.S. regime of Hosni Mubarak, a large number of radical Islamists have been released from prison and have gone back to preaching anti-Western and anti-Israel jihad, or holy war.

The meeting between Muwafi and the Iranian, identified by officials only with his last name, Gerami, set off security concerns because the Iranian spy service is a key player in Tehran?s international support for terrorism, as well as anti-U.S. and anti-Israel operations.

My guess is

Obama will apologize for the offensive video

we will attack some random people we feel were responsible for the deaths

in America' date=' out of fear of further violence, more freedoms (this time speech and expression) will be limited by law or abandoned for "safety" because too many Americans have become gaping vaj's.

The government will start censoring more anti-islamic images, and content from the web/videos. Muhammed and his special goo man, amazing!

smh

extremism and terrorism win[/quote']

Sadly mate, you are probably correct.

Meanwhile, in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya, crowds of Muslims stormed US embassy buildings, tearing down the American flag and setting fire to them, to protest against a ****ing film!!!.

FFS. Maybe Obama will utter a few harsh words!.

I'm not sure what kind of retaliation people would be looking for? We have already declared an open ended "war on terror." And in this case, people died because of the actions of people protesting and hoping to incite terror (regardless of their motives for doing so). The President has approved the dispatch of 50 Marines who have been especially assigned to hunt down the people responsible for this.

In terms of large scale Libyan response, quite simply, this was not the actions of the Government. This was an isolated group of people, and those individuals should be brought to justice. Which seems to be the response direction we've taken. The citizens of the country should not faced with American hostility because of this. And certainly we should not just abandon the country on a mass level so soon after riding Gaddafi. To do so would doom this tragic situation to becoming the catalyst of horrible decision.

Frankly, I often times have a habit of second guessing certain decisions made in this situation, but on this particular incident, based on the information I have received about the tragedy and the response, it seems like an adequate and just reaction.

Unfortunately, this is a horrible tragedy. And my thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones of those who have lost their lives over this act of senseless violence.

This will be my last post in this thread because it's not worth getting aggrevated over right now.

Not worth the aggravation? people are dying and you dont think this topic is worth debating? shame on you.

I'm not prejudiced. That's a ridiculous statement to make. I do know where you are from because it is stated in your profile.

You know nothing about me.

That is the topic' date=' but when you make pithy comments about how "they armed them and asking for them back"... well that makes you sound like an arrogant ******. It wasn't just us who armed and helped the rebels, it wasn't until I pointed this out that you used the term "Western" aggression. Before you had the finger pointed us the U.S when we were in good company. [/quote']

I couldn't care less how it sounds, what matters is whether its true or not, If it were the British embassy that had been bombed I would have said the same thing, having said that the US government has been instrumental in reshaping the Libyan government, economics systems and central bank, this influence is viewed as American imperialism by those in the middle east, hence creating more enemies.

You may have, I never seem to run across these conversations. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

Well dont make the assumption that I haven't then.

No doubt some of them were religious extremists, but had we done nothing about it then we would be receiving criticism for that. Perhaps you think we should have let the chips fall where they may, but I don't think we should stand by while a dictator brings tanks against defenseless people.

Also, the thing that has not been mentioned yet in this thread is that this bombing was in retaliation to a movie made by an ISRAELI...... we didn't even do anything.

If you think the US gov was involved purely for altruistic reasons then you're very naive.What about all the other evil regimes around the world? Saudi Arabia has an appaling human rights record, it also has a Dictatorship and yet they're the USs biggest military arms buyers, contradiction much?

For the record I do like Americans but I prefer those that ask questions, Jesse Ventura and the like. Its the US gov that I have the distrust for, the NWO is not a myth.

Not worth the aggravation? people are dying and you dont think this topic is worth debating? shame on you.

You know nothing about me.

I couldn't care less how it sounds' date=' what matters is whether its true or not, If it were the British embassy that had been bombed I would have said the same thing, having said that the US government has been instrumental in reshaping the Libyan government, economics systems and central bank, this influence is viewed as American imperialism by those in the middle east, hence creating more enemies.

Well dont make the assumption that I haven't then.

If you think the US gov was involved purely for altruistic reasons then you're very naive.What about all the other evil regimes around the world? Saudi Arabia has an appaling human rights record, it also has a Dictatorship and yet they're the USs biggest military arms buyers, contradiction much?

For the record I do like Americans but I prefer those that ask questions, Jesse Ventura and the like. Its the US gov that I have the distrust for, the NWO is not a myth.[/quote']

Saudi Arabia isn't actively sending tanks at people as we speak. Though Syria is and I think there should be more of a response to that.

It's not a matter of caring or not on my part. My priorities lie elsewhere today so my mind isn't right for such a large discussion at the moment.

They didn't attack the embassy because of "imperalism", they attacked it because an Israeli film maker who is bigoted made a purposely provactive movie that was produced by an American company.

The big lessons you should take from this, is the dangers of fundamentalism, the dangers of hatred in "entertainment" and the folly of hiring locals to protect your embassy. Had the Marines been guarding the embassy there wouldn't be 4 dead American civilians, just a pile of dead Libyans.

Saudi Arabia isn't actively sending tanks at people as we speak. Though Syria is and I think there should be more of a response to that.

The US gov prides itself on democracy yet it continues to arm oppressive dictators past and present and you dont see the contradiction' date=' interesting.

You think there should be a response to Syria, and yet its not clear which groups make up the rebels, not to mention that certain factions of the militias that are known about want secularism removed.

It's not a matter of caring or not on my part. My priorities lie elsewhere today so my mind isn't right for such a large discussion at the moment.

I got 99 problems.....

They didn't attack the embassy because of "imperalism", they attacked it because an Israeli film maker who is bigoted made a purposely provactive movie that was produced by an American company.

Yeah and the fact that it happened on the anniversary of 9/11 was just a coincidence:rolleyes:

The big lessons you should take from this, is the dangers of fundamentalism, the dangers of hatred in "entertainment" and the folly of hiring locals to protect your embassy. Had the Marines been guarding the embassy there wouldn't be 4 dead American civilians, just a pile of dead Libyans.

Your gov has already taken you to war based on a lie and you think anyone questioning its foreign policy is indulging in Fundamentalism? smh. You're failing to ask yourself why there is so much hatred from the middle east towards the west, its not just because of a movie, start looking at the big picture.

You're failing to ask yourself why there is so much hatred from the middle east towards the west' date=' its not just because of a movie, start looking at the big picture[/b'].

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

I do not like what is going on in the middle east right now. It really bums me out. A few ignorant individuals on both sides of the fence just kick started an international disaster. Is that the cost of a movie that insults someone? A life is priceless! 4 people have died over a movie. The people who made the movie are backwards idiots who represent a small percentage of the population. The people in Cairo and Lybia who crave blood over said film are even more backwards and ignorant. Those cats also represent a small percentage of the population.

Peace, or a break from war, would be possible if our world as a whole had more educated understanding, and compassionate individuals in seats of power instead of puppets and tyrants. We need more education and tolerance in our world. Unfortunately, that is not reality, so here we are.

Why is there so much hatred in the Middle East towards the west? Please answer that question, because you made it seem like you have the answer. What is the big picture?

Is it that we back Israel? Is it the fact that our society allows individuals to openly express themselves and speak freely? Is it the fact that women in the west are allowed to do things that women in the Middle East would be stoned for? Is it that the crusades never really ended?... Didn?t we help Lybia with their revolution?

I got a brother who just got back from Afghanistan and a neighbor who died in Iraq. This situation sucks and I pray to God that it does not escalate.

Regardless of what started it, I will say that if a sovereign nation allows an embassy to be established upon its soil that nation has the responsibility to protect the embassy and the diplomats of the embassy. The citizens may be to blame but irregardless the Libyan Government is at fault and has the blood on their hands for not defending the embassy. The new government of Libya should be publicly humiliated.

Can someone tell me wtf the point of an Ambassador is and if they are a benefit financially. Seems silly to be paying money to keep mofos safe in countries that dont want us there in the first place. Its like sending a black guy into a KKK meeting and giving him a bunch of body guards so he doesn't get hurt. Make sense?

Zero out foreign aid

Shut down most the bases abroad

RON PAUL 2012! oh wait... DAMNIT!

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

I do not like what is going on in the middle east right now. It really bums me out. A few ignorant individuals on both sides of the fence just kick started an international disaster. Is that the cost of a movie that insults someone? A life is priceless! 4 people have died over a movie. The people who made the movie are backwards idiots who represent a small percentage of the population. The people in Cairo and Lybia who crave blood over said film are even more backwards and ignorant. Those cats also represent a small percentage of the population.

Peace' date=' or a break from war, would be possible if our world as a whole had more educated understanding, and compassionate individuals in seats of power instead of puppets and tyrants. We need more education and tolerance in our world. Unfortunately, that is not reality, so here we are.

Why is there so much hatred in the Middle East towards the west? Please answer that question, because you made it seem like you have the answer. What is the big picture?

Is it that we back Israel? Is it the fact that our society allows individuals to openly express themselves and speak freely? Is it the fact that women in the west are allowed to do things that women in the Middle East would be stoned for? Is it that the crusades never really ended?... Didn?t we help Lybia with their revolution?

I got a brother who just got back from Afghanistan and a neighbor who died in Iraq. This situation sucks and I pray to God that it does not escalate.[/quote']

Those are some truly nice sentiments mate, but in the real world peace is not an option.

What we have is a battle of ideologies. Radical Islam vs Western Democrasy.

It is time to stop treating RI as just a religion and see it for what it really is. The entire middle east is in chaos. Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Iran, Yemen. There is unrest in Israel and Afghanistan, and for what?., because of a film?.

How are you going to deal with that kind of lunacy?. Ban freedom of speech?, ban freedom of expression for fear of offending the followers of a religion that belongs back in the stone-age.

Do you really want to live in fear of upsetting followers of a religion, a political ideology, that at its heart is diametrically opposed to western values of freedom and democrasy.

Its time to wake up and smell the coffee. A line in the sand must be drawn and the treading on eggshells has to stop, because this is one war that will never be won by diplomacy.

You can not have a war on ideology' date=' and you can not win a war against ideology. it's past time to stop wasting our time with the Middle East and radical Islam.[/quote']

I disagree with the first part Wirerat, you can have a war against and win a war, against an ideology. America led the battle for the western world against the U.S.S.R in the battle against communism. Two opposing ideologies in which the west was triumphant.

Regards the Middle East and Radical Islam, i totally agree, although i would go a step further to include Muslims who choose to live in western democratic societys. Accept a free'er way of life and accept not everyone share's in your beliefs, or close the door on the way out, back to the ****hole that is the Middle East.

US, Libya: Envoy Murders Timed

To 9/11, Used Protests as Cover

Libyan official says attack on US Consulate in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three American staffers was a two-part militant operation timed to 9/11, carried out under cover of anti-American protests, that continued today ? an account that comports with what House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers earlier told Fox News.

US' date=' Libya: Envoy Murders Timed

Libyan official says attack on US Consulate in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three American staffers was a two-part militant operation timed to 9/11, carried out under cover of anti-American protests, that continued today ? an account that comports with what House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers earlier told Fox News.[/quote']

any link to the story that isnt FOX news please?

US' date=' Libya: Envoy Murders Timed

Libyan official says attack on US Consulate in Benghazi that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three American staffers was a two-part militant operation timed to 9/11, carried out under cover of anti-American protests, that continued today ? an account that comports with what House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers earlier told Fox News.[/quote']

Mate, the chaos has spread across the entire Middle East and across Africa. US embassies across the entire region are under attack. Warships are heading for the Libyan coast.

And no one but a few posters here gives a **** :eek:. No-one wants to discuss this!!. Wow.

Mate' date=' the chaos has spread across the entire Middle East and across Africa. US embassies across the entire region are under attack. Warships are heading for the Libyan coast.

And no one but a few posters here gives a **** :eek:. No-one wants to discuss this!!. Wow.[/quote']

Ships are already in the region. Embassies are not under attack. Willing to discuss the safe passage for any US citizen in Libya as that is the only sensible action to take until the drama dies down, which will take about a month then they can return and carry on with their work

you realise that these things happen on a regular basis in the Middle East and normally the protests don't result in any deaths. it was tragic that these people died

Ships are already in the region. Embassies are not under attack. Willing to discuss the safe passage for any US citizen in Libya as that is the only sensible action to take until the drama dies down' date=' which will take about a month then they can return and carry on with their work

you realise that these things happen on a regular basis in the Middle East and normally the protests don't result in any deaths. it was tragic that these people died[/quote']

Are we on the same page here?. Turn on your news channels. They are showing Embassies under siege in at least ten countries across the region.

This isn't just some local disturbance, involving a few disgruntled Muslims.

Plus, you seem to be focusing on the one incident, rather than the bigger picture.

Muslim sensativities have the potential to drag the world into another world war. This incident could easily be the catylist. If not this, then the next one.

And before you say i'm over-reacting, when i first posted this thread, the overall concensus on here, was that it was a small local incident, no big deal.

Yeah well, we can see how accurate that assumption was.

Are we on the same page here?. Turn on your news channels. They are showing Embassies under siege in at least ten countries across the region.

This isn't just some local disturbance' date=' involving a few disgruntled Muslims.

Plus, you seem to be focusing on the one incident, rather than the bigger picture.

Muslim sensativities have the potential to drag the world into another world war. This incident could easily be the catylist. If not this, then the next one.

And before you say i'm over-reacting, when i first posted this thread, the overall concensus on here, was that it was a small local incident, no big deal.

Yeah well, we can see how accurate that assumption was.[/quote']

Yea the problem is though we are fighting a religion. I dont get how we get them to understand they are wrong. They believe it in their core they are going to heaven and the infidels need to die. Thats a bigger ****ing problem than communism. Communism doesnt promise eternal life. Hitler never promised eternal life. This is different.

We just need to stop sending money over there. Drill here. And if they attack us on our land we nuke em. Simple.

This isn't just some local disturbance' date=' involving a few disgruntled Muslims.

Yeah well, we can see how accurate that assumption was.[/quote']

I am more than aware of the big picture and my reaction is the same. I spent 15 years living and working in the Middle East and have seen this happen countless times.

but carry on