Anderson teaches a GOAT lesson to Jon Jones

WAMMA

Fighters fight.

This isn't about status or legacys or titles.

This about the fighter ethic.

Fighters fight. That's what they do. They don't ask who, why, or if they are worthy.

They Fight.

He is fighting Stephan Bonnar before anyone says it isn't a fight anyone anywhere fight.

I would bet the house that the reason hes fighting Bonnar and not anyone else is because no one else better would step up on short notice to fight him. They are nervous of him as they should

I don't think Anderson Silva backs down from anyone and I think with all due respect to Bonnar, the fact he is stepping up to fight someone who does very little for him as far as Bonnar's standing/ranking as a LHW shows he is a fight anyone anywhere kind of guy.

Hes willing to do all this training and work at his age to fight a gatekeeper level guy at 205 to help the UFC out to save UFC 153 because no one else will fight him. Impressive.

WAR to both Anderson Silva and Stephan Bonnar!!!!

Jones take notes...

Fighters fight.

This isn't about status or legacys or titles.

This about the fighter ethic.

Fighters fight. That's what they do. They don't ask who' date=' why, or if they are worthy.

They Fight.

He is fighting Stephan Bonnar before anyone says it isn't a fight anyone anywhere fight.

I would bet the house that the reason hes fighting Bonnar and not anyone else is because no one else better would step up on short notice to fight him. They are nervous of him as they should

I don't think Anderson Silva backs down from anyone and I think with all due respect to Bonnar, the fact he is stepping up to fight someone who does very little for him as far as Bonnar's standing/ranking as a LHW shows he is a fight anyone anywhere kind of guy.

Hes willing to do all this training and work at his age to fight a gatekeeper level guy at 205 to help the UFC out to save UFC 153 because no one else will fight him. Impressive.

WAR to both Anderson Silva and Stephan Bonnar!!!!

Jones take notes...[/quote']

Agreed!! Silva tried to save 151 but Dana said too short of notice. At least he was able to somewhat save this card even though the fight will probably be quick. This only strengthens Silva's legacy in my book to take a quick upcoming fight. Bonnar is no slouch and has a great chin and it could end up being an interesting fight but I won't hold my breath on that one.

What's the difference? the dude still has a lot of to lose.

He has a streak and to lose to Bonnar is really bad.

The belt is the difference. If he loses to Bonnar then he loses to a guy in a higher weight class, goes back to middleweight and continues where he left off. If he loses the belt during a fill in fight, that's kind of a big deal.

I'm in as much of a hurry to metaphorically bury Jon Jones as the next guy. And I absolutely agree it is laughable that he didn't accept the fight with Chael Sonnen. However there is a bit of a difference between Anderson and Bonnar stepping up a month before a fight, and someone not agreeing to a fight on 8 days notice. Both Silva and Bonnar have time for a 4 week training camp. That's about the perfect amount of time for a camp.

Not saying Jones should have backed down from Sonnen - quite the contrary - all I am saying is that taking this scenario, and using it as artillery against Jones isn't exactly apropos.

I'm in as much of a hurry to metaphorically bury Jon Jones as the next guy. And I absolutely agree it is laughable that he didn't accept the fight with Chael Sonnen. However there is a bit of a difference between Anderson and Bonnar stepping up a month before a fight' date=' and someone not agreeing to a fight on 8 days notice. Both Silva and Bonnar have time for a 4 week training camp. That's about the perfect amount of time for a camp.

Not saying Jones should have backed down from Sonnen - quite the contrary - all I am saying is that taking this scenario, and using it as artillery against Jones isn't exactly apropos.[/quote']

This scenario between Anderson and Bonnar isn't the same as Jones vs Sonnen, I agree.

It's worse.

Both fighters get 1 month to get in shape and ready to fight.

Jones was already in shape, and Sonnen had been sitting on the couch. Jones had every advantage, and still somehow made the decision that fighting at 151 was bad.

The belt is the difference. If he loses to Bonnar then he loses to a guy in a higher weight class' date=' goes back to middleweight and continues where he left off. If he loses the belt during a fill in fight, that's kind of a big deal.[/quote']

Yeah, but he will of lost a **** load of stock, belt or no belt, a loss could really **** up his legacy

Yeah' date=' but he will of lost a **** load of stock, belt or no belt, a loss could really **** up his legacy[/quote']

I really dont' see it that way. Maybe other people do, but if he loses to Bonnar I don't see it as a big deal. He took the fight on short notice and he fought in a different weight class to help save 153. If he loses to Bonnar, I think most people would see it that way. If he loses his belt at MW to whomever, then I would see that as a big deal.

This scenario between Anderson and Bonnar isn't the same as Jones vs Sonnen' date=' I agree.

It's worse.

Both fighters get 1 month to get in shape and ready to fight.

Jones was already in shape, and Sonnen had been sitting on the couch. Jones had every advantage, and still somehow made the decision that fighting at 151 was bad.[/quote']

I actually agree. But my point is, taking this situation and trying to milk more hatred for Jon Jones isn't fitting.

But you are right, Jones had every conceivable advantage... And that's a stain on a reputation that I don't think any amount of KOs to follow will wipe clean - and that's not even touching his social life.

Edited by Leiting

Fighters fight. That's what they do. They don't ask who, why, or if they are worthy.

They Fight.

but Anderson refused to fight Weidman :(

You are correct......but nobody here is gonna go hating on Silva. Silva sees an oppurtunity to shine and get another easy win....so yes he takes the bonnar fight.

Fighters fight. That's what they do. They don't ask who' date=' why, or if they are worthy.

They Fight.

You are correct......but nobody here is gonna go hating on Silva. Silva sees an oppurtunity to shine and get another easy win....so yes he takes the bonnar fight.[/quote']

why wouldnt jones take an opportunity to shine and beat a middleweight with no traning camp?