Anyone ever realize that their alcoholism will ultimately be their demise?

HammerrTime

I've lost more friends to booze over the years than anything else... If this thread is about you' date=' and this is something you DO realize, get help.[/quote']

True mate.

An addiction is an addiction period, whatever your poison.

The one thing they all have in common, is that, ultimately, they WILL **** you up.

sure isnt gonna help add years onto my life....its whatever tho' date=' i take life day by day and try to enjoy it to the fullest...i say this often, i should just make it my sig but.....we're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time[/quote']

This...I'd prefer not to be the old guy that people have to take care of.

What I enjoy now that takes years off my life, I look at as being less of a burden to those I care about later.

I haven't had a drink since new years eve. I was never what you would call an alcoholic but i think i fit the definition of binge drinker quite well.

I'm 5'10 but only weigh about 65 Kgs on a good day. I was drinking more in a session then guys who weighed 20kegs more and drank all the time, but the hangovers i would get would be wretched, I couldnt even keep down water and would end up terribly dehydrated.

Just couldnt do it anymore, and although it can still make social situations have a different dynamic, I have found i dont need it to enjoy my friends company and have a good time

Lol' date=' Been there Stomp!. Strawberry blonde **** star.

Sometimes think it was the worse time in my life, sometimes think it was the best

Saw her again a few years back and turned her down, first time ever. A 15 year break and still it was difficult to say no[/quote']

Yeah i dumped that ***** Mary Jane years ago and i've tightend up on the drinking recently although i've never been too big into it and never had a problem with it. I just always hated the after effects to ever become a serious regular.

Yeah i dumped that ***** Mary Jane years ago and i've tightend up on the drinking recently although i've never been too big into it and never had a problem with it. I just always hated the after effects to ever become a serious regular.

Oh,oh, sorry mate, you were talking about the green.

When you said 'devils lettuce' i thought you were talking about the ladies..:o:o