Frankie Edgar OUT of UFC 153

Brady969

According to Silva's manager he's fighting in the main event at LHW (all that is known at this point' date=' is that he isn't fighting Evans).

Glover is still in the co main but doesn't have an opponent yet (he isn't fighting Chael or Maldonado).[/quote']

Anderson is fighting an opponent @LHW? Source?

Chael vs Silva 3?

Edit: nevermind i see the thread you made.

I don't think Frankie wished to become the co-headler of an event he was looking to win a Championship at. Which if Anderson Silva does indeed agree to fight at 153 as is currently rumored - and it was against someone like Shogun, that would almost certainly place any Frankie match as almost a non-factor in terms of promotion of the event.

Plus, what other Brazilian could they find for Frankie at 145 on such short notice who could be an adequate match for him to actually headline? Maybe if they pulled a rabbit out of their hat and signed Freire...or if they yanked Oliveira out of his 152 bout and threw him to Edgar. Either way, I think it would have come out a sloppy mess. People are anxious to see Edgar/Aldo, and if a couple month delay means we can see it, I think it's worth it.

I don't think Frankie wished to become the co-headler of an event he was looking to win a Championship at. Which if Anderson Silva does indeed agree to fight at 153 as is currently rumored - and it was against someone like Shogun' date=' that would almost certainly place any Frankie match as almost a non-factor in terms of promotion of the event.

Plus, what other Brazilian could they find for Frankie at 145 on such short notice who could be an adequate match for him to actually headline? Maybe if they pulled a rabbit out of their hat and signed Freire...or if they yanked Oliveira out of his 152 bout and threw him to Edgar. Either way, I think it would have come out a sloppy mess. People are anxious to see Edgar/Aldo, and if a couple month delay means we can see it, I think it's worth it.[/quote']

Agreed, made no sense keeping Edgar on the card whatsoever