Dana White takes ANOTHER stab at Jon Jones

Stone_Cold_Steve_Austin_Says

"This is old-school UFC. A card is in jeopardy, but guys that are world champions and superstars stepped up and jumped in and saved the card. This is why the fans love this sport and why we went on a 12-year run without canceling an event."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30610/usa-today-anderson-silva-vs-stephan-bonnar-headlines-ufc-153.mma

Come on Dana, stop it. Be a man and stop blaming Jon. Just leave him alone! :(

"This is old-school UFC. A card is in jeopardy' date=' but guys that are world champions and superstars stepped up and jumped in and saved the card. This is why the fans love this sport and why we went on a 12-year run without canceling an event."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30610/usa-today-anderson-silva-vs-stephan-bonnar-headlines-ufc-153.mma

Come on Dana, stop it. Be a man and stop blaming Jon. Just leave him alone! :([/quote']

Good for Dana. He said how people feel. Real fighters stepping up for the fans, the org and themselves with no regrets.

Dana White is 100% correct

The UFC gave Jones an opportunity by fast tracking him to the LHW title

Now when the UFC needed Jones to do them a favor, Jones just snobs them off

Jones needs to learn not to bite the hand that feeds him

Great fighter and all but very bad at making business decisions

Dana's only failure is to recognize these new athletes coming through are from the new generations that have an unjustified sense of entitlement. They aren't fighters. They are competitors who rely on their athleticism and strategy to win fights.

It's mostly Jackson's influence. Even most of the young breed wouldn't pull a stunt like Jones did. Even Jones wouldn't according to his own twitter not so long ago. Jackson is a bad influence. Career destroyer, fan loser and sport killer.

Jones didn't cancel the event, Dana did

There have been other UFC's where the main fighter couldn't fight and the UFC didn't cancel the show. There was no reason to completely cancel.

Anyone who thinks Jones personally canceled this event is an idiot. Even the media knows the truth - Dana canceled the event himself.

Dana's only failure is to recognize these new athletes coming through are from the new generations that have an unjustified sense of entitlement. They aren't fighters. They are competitors who rely on their athleticism and strategy to win fights.

I kinda agree...

It's mostly Jackson's influence. Even most of the young breed wouldn't pull a stunt like Jones did. Even Jones wouldn't according to his own twitter not so long ago. Jackson is a bad influence. Career destroyer' date=' fan loser and sport killer.[/color']

I REALLLY Agree. Post of the Year?!

It's mostly Jackson's influence. Even most of the young breed wouldn't pull a stunt like Jones did. Even Jones wouldn't according to his own twitter not so long ago. Jackson is a bad influence. Career destroyer' date=' fan loser and sport killer.[/quote']

Jones still had the choice. He doesn't have to listen to greg... It's just that what Greg says fits perfectly in with what Jones wants.

Jones still had the choice. He doesn't have to listen to greg... It's just that what Greg says fits perfectly in with what Jones wants.

Lets put it this way...

If Jones coach (Greg Jackson) had said... "Jon, if you don't take this fight it will be the biggest mistake of your career."

Then... I think Jones may have taken the fight.

We will never know for sure, but people you look up to and respect greatly influence the decisions you make.

Lets put it this way...

If Jones coach (Greg Jackson) had said... "Jon' date=' if you don't take this fight it will be the biggest mistake of your career."

We will never know for sure, but people you look up to and respect greatly influence the decisions you make.[/quote']

This 100%. In fact i think Jones was probably leaning towards taking it until Jackoffson and Winkletard talked him into not taking it.

Lets put it this way...

If Jones coach (Greg Jackson) had said... "Jon' date=' if you don't take this fight it will be the biggest mistake of your career."

We will never know for sure, but people you look up to and respect greatly influence the decisions you make.[/quote']

Listen... I don't have time for logic while Jones is the topic of discussion. :mad:

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Anderson-Silva-vs-Stephan-Bonnar-booked-for-UFC-153.html

Well played Dana.

White has gotta be happier than a pig in crap right now. He just got a main event that will outsell the one he lost and everyone and their mom wanted to step up for this fight including the biggest Brazilian stars in MMA so he takes the opportunity to shove that right in Jon Jones face. Can't say I blame him for doing it.

it's mostly jackson's influence. Even most of the young breed wouldn't pull a stunt like jones did. Even jones wouldn't according to his own twitter not so long ago. Jackson is a bad influence. Career destroyer' date=' fan loser and sport killer.[/quote']

so jones does'nt have a mind of his own!!! Stop blaming jackson!!! The final decision is ultimatly jon jones's!! He made his bed let him sleep there!!! Theres no law jones had to listen

This 100%....And wait till 5 years from now when fighters are makeing even more money. Fighters will be looking out for themselves more and more from now on.

Jones not stepping up shows his cowardice, and lack of authority/respect....

If i were the UFC's prize pony, reaping all its benefits, i would happily fill in on short notice... (for the fans, for the company i work for, for the other fighters on the card)

Just like when i have to work weekends sometimes... (we have all probably experienced this), whereas Jones would decline...

but all this is irrelevant......

Bonnar vs Silva

Gwaaaaaarrraraaaaaaayuuuuuuuussssswoooooooooo

Jones not stepping up shows his cowardice' date=' and lack of authority/respect....

If i were the UFC's prize pony, reaping all its benefits, i would happily fill in on short notice... (for the fans, for the company i work for, for the other fighters on the card[/quote']

Not to mention yourself just for the challenge that is bound to not only make you a better fighter and person win or lose there's not shame in your game if you give it your all.

More fans will respect you, the company will be in your debt, your helping the sport grow and setting an example for other fighters and future fighters. It's win win all the way, you can't lose.

and it's not like he would have lost that fight anyway barring a freak accident especially a five rounder Jones would finish him.

Chael's only threat was UD wrestling match and that wasn't likely to happen.

Not to mention yourself just for the challenge that is bound to not only make you a better fighter and person win or lose there's not shame in your game if you give it your all.

More fans will respect you' date=' the company will be in your debt, your helping the sport grow and setting an example for other fighters and future fighters. It's win win all the way, you can't lose.

and it's not like he would have lost that fight anyway [b']barring a freak accident [/b]especially a five rounder Jones would finish him.

Chael's only threat was UD wrestling match and that wasn't likely to happen.

And then what? He already has a bunch of UFC fans that hate him, and no matter what they say, that hate would just grow if he lost to Sonnen. If I was in the position I think I would have taken the fight, but I also know what it's like going against a coaches(Greg Jackson in this case) advice and having to deal with him on a daily basis. Also Jones is trying to look out for his family's best interest and his legacy. Sure he is set, and his kids are set, but if he makes a bad business decision then maybe his grand kids aren't set. I don't think I agree with him but definitely see the reasoning behind it.

The buffoonery in some of these threads never ceases to amaze me.....really you're still blaming Jones for an event being cancelled as if he had the authority to do so?? Personally I'm just as disappointed as the next guy, but before you start putting all the blame on one person I believe it's a well known fact that other fighters were offered an opportunity to fight Jones on that card and refused and yet no blame is shuffled their way. Jones had every right to turn down the fight especially since it was for his title...which regardless of what anyone says he earned. He didn't just step into a title shot overnight which is exactly what was about to happen with Chael. If I'm Jones I would have had no problem with fighting Chael, just not for my belt. I wonder how many hypocrites would still be all over Jones if he had agreed to fight Chael, but made it a non title bout??

The buffoonery in some of these threads never ceases to amaze me.....really you're still blaming Jones for an event being cancelled as if he had the authority to do so?? Personally I'm just as disappointed as the next guy' date=' but before you start putting all the blame on one person I believe it's a well known fact that other fighters were offered an opportunity to fight Jones on that card and refused and yet no blame is shuffled their way. Jones had every right to turn down the fight especially since it was for his title...which regardless of what anyone says he earned. He didn't just step into a title shot overnight which is exactly what was about to happen with Chael.[b'] If I'm Jones I would have had no problem with fighting Chael, just not for my belt[/b]. I wonder how many hypocrites would still be all over Jones if he had agreed to fight Chael, but made it a non title bout??

this

kills me that Dana and the community constantly keep putting the blame on JBJ when the fact is that the card as a whole was terrible... I hope the UFC learns that you roll the dice when you make a card with only one fight worth paying for... it's not the first time a main event has been cancelled, but before they made cards worth watching, not just one fight...

ellenberger vs hieron as the co-main? that's the problem right there...

kills me that Dana and the community constantly keep putting the blame on JBJ when the fact is that the card as a whole was terrible... I hope the UFC learns that you roll the dice when you make a card with only one fight worth paying for... it's not the first time a main event has been cancelled' date=' but before they made cards worth watching, not just one fight...

ellenberger vs hieron as the co-main? that's the problem right there...[/quote']

Jones turning down the fight was a blessing in disguise for the UFC. Doubt they will ever make that mistake again.

The buffoonery in some of these threads never ceases to amaze me.....really you're still blaming Jones for an event being cancelled as if he had the authority to do so?? Personally I'm just as disappointed as the next guy' date=' but before you start putting all the blame on one person I believe it's a well known fact that other fighters were offered an opportunity to fight Jones on that card and refused and yet no blame is shuffled their way. Jones had every right to turn down the fight especially since it was for his title...which regardless of what anyone says he earned. He didn't just step into a title shot overnight which is exactly what was about to happen with Chael. If I'm Jones I would have had no problem with fighting Chael, just not for my belt.[b'] I wonder how many hypocrites would still be all over Jones if he had agreed to fight Chael, but made it a non title bout??[/b]

Champions having non-title fights in their own division is stupid. What if the lose? They're still crowned champion but they're the second best in their division. It's stupid.

Champions having non-title fights in their own division is stupid. What if the lose? They're still crowned champion but they're the second best in their division. It's stupid.

Normally yes, but in this case I think it could have saved 151. I think a big reason Jones didn't take the fight is because he doesn't like Sonnen. He knew what Sonnen wanted and I think he liked having the power over him by not giving him the fight.

Jones didn't cancel the event' date=' Dana did

There have been other UFC's where the main fighter couldn't fight and the UFC didn't cancel the show. There was no reason to completely cancel.

Anyone who thinks Jones personally canceled this event is an idiot. Even the media knows the truth - Dana canceled the event himself.[/quote']

Jones not stepping up shows his cowardice' date=' and lack of authority/respect....

Perfect sense, fully agree...

If i were the UFC's prize pony, reaping all its benefits, i would happily fill in on short notice... (for the fans, for the company i work for, for the other fighters on the card)

Just like when i have to work weekends sometimes... (we have all probably experienced this), whereas Jones would decline...

but all this is irrelevant......

Bonnar vs Silva

Gwaaaaaarrraraaaaaaayuuuuuuuussssswoooooooooo[/quote']

boon

The only person taking shots at Bones was the writer of that article. Dana never once mentioned a ****ing thing about Bones. He talked about old school fighters, but never even hinted at Bones at all. TS, are you that ****** that cried about people picking on Britney Spears? Whether you are or you aren't (you are definitely gay, maybe not a ******), just shut the **** up.

Dana White is 100% correct

The UFC gave Jones an opportunity by fast tracking him to the LHW title

Now when the UFC needed Jones to do them a favor' date=' Jones just snobs them off

Jones needs to learn not to bite the hand that feeds him

Great fighter and all but very bad at making business decisions[/quote']

fonz1.jpg

Are you that stupid that you would think that any win over Jones by Chael would be considered anything other than a fluke??? You're talking about a guy who has beaten the likes of Bader (Ultimate fighter winner), Rua (former champion), Rampage (former champion) Evans ( former champion), and Machida (former champion) and he loses to Chael and all of a sudden he would be considered the second best in the division behind a guy who when he fought at 205 previously was a can????? Are you serious right now??? or do you not pay attention to anything you've typed??

You clearly have so much hatred for Jones you don't mind criticizing to the point of looking like a idiot in the process...and thanks for reducing the UFC crown down to the equivalent of a prize inside of a cracker jackbox by immediately awarding a title shot to a guy who has never held a title in the UFC or even the WEC and now gets a crack at the 205 title having beaten no one significant in the division. In other words there's no justification or good reason whatsoever why the UFC should have been asking Chael to take the fight in the first place and the word championship be mentioned in the same sentence. It's disrespectful and an insult to everything Jones (and every champion before him) had done to get into that position. Why don't you and Dana both find a tent out in the middle of nowhere and do a scene from Brokeback Mountain together. Maybe after you both have released some tension you both can start thinking clearly and rationally again.