in light of recent events!

T_R_E_O_S

Ok first time actively back on the forums and I want disscussion so lets do it.

1. The cancellation of the event barely has anything to do with jones stop blaming him just because you dislike him. Hendersonknew three weeks in advance he was injured and dana could have gotten another main event, chael being offered an immediate title shot is a joke. Im not even a bones fan but come on people get off his sack already, he fights more than any of the other champs and has been dominant, so what if he turned down a fight.

2. Yet again silva steps up to 205 rather than defend his title which he already barely defends and against who? Stephan bonnar! I love bonnar but this is going to be just like his other two fights at lhw quick and sad, are you guys really excited about this?

3. Glover vs who? Nough saidthis fight is a wash who cares?

4. Does anyone feel like champs should start being stripped of their titles or at least a forced interim challenger? Gsp has been out for forever and while condit is the interim champ he has refused to fight. Edgar held up the lightweight division forever but sure at least he fought! Aldo is now injured so we have another division being held up. Anderson taking another jump out of his division for another lackluster fight and who knows how that will effect mw. And the heavyweight championship gets defended like once a year. The ufc at least to me seems to be in a bad spot.

What are your thoughts and opinions and please guys no stupidity or trolling, I feel these are serious issues and the ufc is doing a piss poor job of dealing with it. This forum is also doing a piss poor job of discussing these issues, as of late the ufc has turned into a **** show so discuss.

1. The cancellation of the event barely has anything to do with jones stop blaming him just because you dislike him. Hendersonknew three weeks in advance he was injured and dana could have gotten another main event' date=' chael being offered an immediate title shot is a joke. Im not even a bones fan but come on people get off his sack already, he fights more than any of the other champs and has been dominant, so what if he turned down a fight.

2. Yet again silva steps up to 205 rather than defend his title which he already barely defends and against who? Stephan bonnar! I love bonnar but this is going to be just like his other two fights at lhw quick and sad, are you guys really excited about this?

4. Does anyone feel like champs should start being stripped of their titles or at least a forced interim challenger? Gsp has been out for forever and while condit is the interim champ he has refused to fight. Edgar held up the lightweight division forever but sure at least he fought! Aldo is now injured so we have another division being held up. Anderson taking another jump out of his division for another lackluster fight and who knows how that will effect mw. And the heavyweight championship gets defended like once a year. The ufc at least to me seems to be in a bad spot.

What are your thoughts and opinions and please guys no stupidity or trolling, I feel these are serious issues and the ufc is doing a piss poor job of dealing with it. This forum is also doing a piss poor job of discussing these issues, as of late the ufc has turned into a **** show so discuss.[/quote']

1. I agree for the most part but it was more about Chael saving the event, not that he earned a title shot.

2. Can't be mad at Silva. He tried to save 151 and now he is trying to save this card. Dana/Joe Silva are to blame on this one.

3. Who is Glover fighting?

4. This is why I like Jones. Say what you want about 151 but he is constantly defending his title so he gets a pass in my book. Yes, titles need to be stripped because champs are sitting on them for way too long. I know some of the champs are hurt but does anyone know what JDS's excuse is?...........nice post btw

1. The cancellation of the event barely has anything to do with jones stop blaming him just because you dislike him. Hendersonknew three weeks in advance he was injured and dana could have gotten another main event' date=' chael being offered an immediate title shot is a joke. Im not even a bones fan but come on people get off his sack already, he fights more than any of the other champs and has been dominant, so what if he turned down a fight.[/quote']

- Henderson didn't know that the injury would prevent him from being able to fight.

- Chael is still the undisputed no.2 guy in the world. It's not like his skills all of a sudden diminish after a loss. He'll still be the same guy that would step in there after winning a few fights at lhw.

- He didn't just turn down a fight, he abandoned a card he agreed to fight on because he isn't confident enough to take a gimme fight.

2. Yet again silva steps up to 205 rather than defend his title which he already barely defends and against who? Stephan bonnar! I love bonnar but this is going to be just like his other two fights at lhw quick and sad' date=' are you guys really excited about this? [/quote']

- Agree 100%, although Bonnar has a rock solid chin, it could be entertaining to see what it can take but this fight makes less sense then Hunt vs JDS at 146

I'll wait till the fight happens to decide if I like it or not. Neither guy really needs to be in meaningful fights like champs do.

I agree with this too, the champs haven't fought enough, not only that, but the legends, former champs and popular guys who don't have belts aren't fighting enough either, add to that retirements etc... :mad:

1. I agree for the most part but it was more about Chael saving the event' date=' not that he earned a title shot.

2. Can't be mad at Silva. He tried to save 151 and now he is trying to save this card. Dana/Joe Silva are to blame on this one.

3. Who is Glover fighting?

4. This is why I like Jones. Say what you want about 151 but he is constantly defending his title so he gets a pass in my book. Yes, titles need to be stripped because champs are sitting on them for way too long. I know some of the champs are hurt but does anyone know what JDS's excuse is?...........nice post btw[/quote']

I will agree with your number one to an extent but this isnt the first time a champ or really anyone turned down a fight no need to cancel a whole event.

Im always mad at silva! I know its biased but I recognise his greatness but him taking easy fights is a slap in the face for me being a fan of the sport. I recognise his greatness even if im not a fan.

Glover is fighting maldonado.

And 4 I agree with.

- Henderson didn't know that the injury would prevent him from being able to fight.

- Chael is still the undisputed no.2 guy in the world. It's not like his skills all of a sudden diminish after a loss. He'll still be the same guy that would step in there after winning a few fights at lhw.

- He didn't just turn down a fight' date=' he abandoned a card he agreed to fight on because he isn't confident enough to take a gimme fight.

- Agree 100%, although Bonnar has a rock solid chin, it could be entertaining to see what it can take but this fight makes less sense then Hunt vs JDS at 146

I'll wait till the fight happens to decide if I like it or not. Neither guy really needs to be in meaningful fights like champs do.

I agree with this too, the champs haven't fought enough, not only that, but the legends, former champs and popular guys who don't have belts aren't fighting enough either, add to that retirements etc... :mad:[/quote']

1. If you get injured you report it you dont sit on it. Chael undisputed number 2? You are a mod you have to be joking! No his skills dont diminish neccessarily but his fight with bisping was a joke and he got tooled by silva in the second fight. Also you call it a gimme fight but in mma anything can happen but we will just have to agree to disagree.

2. The fight is slightly interesting for about a round I suppose but we will see I suppose.

3. Yes the title situation and the known name situation is frustrating people are ducking and getting injured left and right and something has to be done.

1. If you get injured you report it you dont sit on it. Chael undisputed number 2? You are a mod you have to be joking! No his skills dont diminish neccessarily but his fight with bisping was a joke and he got tooled by silva in the second fight. Also you call it a gimme fight but in mma anything can happen but we will just have to agree to disagree.

He got tooled by silva on the second fight by landing 80+ strikes and dominating the grappling for the entire first round.

There's nobody else who has a stronger case for being no.2...

and guys fight injured all the time.

He got tooled by silva on the second fight by landing 80+ strikes and dominating the grappling for the entire first round.

There's nobody else who has a stronger case for being no.2...

and guys fight injured all the time.

at MW' date=' not LHW[/quote']

Thank you metatron! And yea he had a good first round, looked gassed in the second and got tooled immediately and I was actually rooting for sonnen. He has looked the best against silva ill agree but its mainly because he is custom built to fight him, there is no one else at mw that is a good wrestler who can push the pressure which is what it takes to beat him.

People would not have a problem with the no.1 guy getting an immediate title shot' date=' even though anderson is a mw, not a lhw.[/quote']

Thats because he is a champ! People feel the best people in their respective divisions are the champs therefore champ vs champ automatically gets superfight status, there is difference. I dont mind seeing someone move up but automatically getting a title shot when you arent a champion and you are coming off a loss is a slap in the face to fans! After sonnen and silvas first fight I wouldnt have a problem but now not so much. Im not neccessarily disagreeing with the fight but he didnt deserve it and jones as champ has a right to refuse a fight like this. Also you may be right about the pull out but dana didnt havr to cancel the fight.

People would not have a problem with the no.1 guy getting an immediate title shot' date=' even though anderson is a mw, not a lhw.[/quote']

You're right. When Chael is the number 1 guy and a legend in the sport then I won't have a problem with it. Right now he is the number 2 guy(if that) and lost to the number 1 guy twice.