serious question; what if bonner wins?

maxx77

what do you think the fall out would be' date=' it is a fight and anything could happen.[b'] would it ruin silvas legacy[/b]? or anything else, surly the UFC doesnt want the p4p great to lose.

No. He stepped up to save 151 and is now stepping up to save this card. He's ok in my book. Not like he would lose his belt anyway.

Anderson Silva would return to middleweight and fight the winner of Boetsch/Weidman (which he'll probably be doing anyway). Bonnar would most likely be given an immediate shot at the LHW belt.

Then, later, I feel that a rematch would be set up.

I think it's funny people are complaining so much about this fight, just because of the kinds of fighters they are this is one of the most excited I've ever been for a fight. The whole UFC 153 card looks incredible, I just wish it was still Rampage vs Glover.

If Bonnar wins, I think he would undoubtably be granted a rematch with Jon Jones for the Title. You have to remember, Stephen is enjoying a three fight win streak, and his last legitimate loss was (what I believe to be a fluke) loss to Coleman back in 2009. And he did take Jones to decision. A fairly one sided decision, never the less. There is enough between going the distance with Bones, being undefeated for a number of years, and defeating the undisputed P4P king to warrant him getting his last hurrah against the 205 Champion.

All the more so if Vitor happens to beat Jones.

Anderson Silva would return to middleweight and fight the winner of Boetsch/Weidman (which he'll probably be doing anyway). Bonnar would most likely be given an immediate shot at the LHW belt.

Then' date=' later, I feel that a rematch would be set up.

I think it's funny people are complaining so much about this fight, just because of the kinds of fighters they are this is one of the most excited I've ever been for a fight. The whole UFC 153 card looks incredible, I just wish it was still Rampage vs Glover.[/quote']

Bonnar was thinking about retirement after those two lackluster fights he had, he's not the same fighter anymore.

This is just a brutal beating waiting to happen.

If Bonnar wins' date=' I think he would undoubtably be granted a rematch with Jon Jones for the Title. You have to remember, Stephen is enjoying a three fight win streak, and his last legitimate loss was (what I believe to be a fluke) loss to Coleman back in 2009. And he did take Jones to decision. A fairly one sided decision, never the less. There is enough between going the distance with Bones, being undefeated for a number of years, and defeating the undisputed P4P king to warrant him getting his last hurrah against the 205 Champion.

All the more so if Vitor happens to beat Jones.[/quote']

He went to a decision with Bones when he was 21 on his second UFC fight.

He would get finished inside a round if he fought JBJ today.

He went to a decision with Bones when he was 21 on his second UFC fight.

He would get finished inside a round if he fought JBJ today.

This is true. But, you can package the fact that since Bonnar, no one other than Evans has gone the distance. Look, I don't think Bonnar should be anywhere near a Title shot, for that matter I don't think he should be fighting Silva - but we're talking about a company who's revenue is derived from selling PPVs, and Jon Jones facing Stephen Bonnar fresh off beating P4P GOAT could sell big time. Besides, would it be so bad, after achieving what may end up being the biggest upset in UFC history, to give him a chance to go double or nothing and face Jones for the Belt. Bonnar has been a loyal company man, and I for one would be pleased to see him get his chance - however slim - if he earned it by getting through The Spider.

This is all assuming Bonnar actually defeats Silva, which I think most believe believe to be a far fetched scenario as it is.

This is true. But' date=' you can package the fact that since Bonnar, no one other than Evans has gone the distance. Look, I don't think Bonnar should be anywhere near a Title shot, for that matter I don't think he should be fighting Silva - but we're talking about a company who's revenue is derived from selling PPVs, and Jon Jones facing Stephen Bonnar fresh off beating P4P GOAT could sell big time. Besides, would it be so bad, after achieving what may end up being the biggest upset in UFC history, to give him a chance to go double or nothing and face Jones for the Belt. Bonnar has been a loyal company man, and I for one would be pleased to see him get his chance - however slim - if he earned it by getting through The Spider.

This is all assuming Bonnar actually defeats Silva, which I think most believe believe to be a far fetched scenario as it is.[/quote']

I don't know. If I'm Bonnar and I beat Silva then I'm dropping to 185 and giving him a rematch for the belt(if he can drop that weight and stay healthy). At this point in his career, I would be trying to get a belt by any means necessary. If he beats Silva once then he should take his chances on beating him again instead of going up against Jones, who is a far better fighter than when they first squared off. But like you said, we are going deep into the "what if's."

This is true. But' date=' you can package the fact that since Bonnar, no one other than Evans has gone the distance. Look, I don't think Bonnar should be anywhere near a Title shot, for that matter I don't think he should be fighting Silva - but we're talking about a company who's revenue is derived from selling PPVs, and Jon Jones facing Stephen Bonnar fresh off beating P4P GOAT could sell big time. Besides, would it be so bad, after achieving what may end up being the biggest upset in UFC history, to give him a chance to go double or nothing and face Jones for the Belt. Bonnar has been a loyal company man, and I for one would be pleased to see him get his chance - however slim - if he earned it by getting through The Spider.

This is all assuming Bonnar actually defeats Silva, which I think most believe believe to be a far fetched scenario as it is.[/quote']

I agree, if Bonnar pulls the upset he's fighting for the title next...

I respect Bonnar a lot, I bet he would take the fight with JBJ in a heart beat.

No. He stepped up to save 151 and is now stepping up to save this card. He's ok in my book. Not like he would lose his belt anyway.

?? You honestly dont think it would hurt his legacy to lose to Stephan Bonnar...Gotta be crazy..Ofcourse it would, GOAT losing to a top 20 LHW would definitely hurt that resume of his

If Bonner wins, it'll mean I really need to stop with the shrooms, because that would be a trip. I actually look for this fight to look a lot like Griffin/Silva, except that Bonner won't just wade in while hurt and get put down with a jab. I look for this fight to be exciting for roughly 10 seconds, while Bonner is moving forward. Bonner gets hit, stops moving and Silva proceeds to hit him with whatever the **** he wants until the ref saves Bonners life.