A question.

Leiting

So let's say after the Bonnar fight, they manage to pull a rabbit out of their hat and make the Silva/GSP Superfight a reality. I have two questions;

1) Would this be the first time any fighter has fought three consecutive fights at three different weight classes (185 w/Sonnen, 205 w/Bonnar, and then either 170 or the rumored catch weight w/GSP)

2) Would this be the first time that a UFC Champion fought two fights back to back that were not scheduled to be Title fights? I remember Matt Hughes fought Royce Gracie in a non-title fight right after he beat Joe Riggs - but the Riggs fight was non-title because Joe failed to make weight, it was scheduled to be for the belt.

And then, let's say Silva beats GSP, they will be clamoring to see the Jones Superfight then. What would happen if Silva agreed to that fight as well. Three fights in a row, no-title defenses. Obviously, this is quite an improbable series of events, but not entirely beyond the scope of possibility. Would Anderson relinquish the Middleweight crown eventually, and at what point do you believe he should be forced to step aside and make room for other possible champions at 185?

So let's say after the Bonnar fight' date=' they manage to pull a rabbit out of their hat and make the Silva/GSP Superfight a reality. I have two questions;

1) Would this be the first time any fighter has fought three consecutive fights at three different weight classes (185 w/Sonnen, 205 w/Bonnar, and then either 170 or the rumored catch weight w/GSP)

2) Would this be the first time that a UFC Champion fought two fights back to back that were not scheduled to be Title fights? I remember Matt Hughes fought Royce Gracie in a non-title fight right after he beat Joe Riggs - but the Riggs fight was non-title because Joe failed to make weight, it was scheduled to be for the belt.

And then, let's say Silva beats GSP, they will be clamoring to see the Jones Superfight then. What would happen if Silva agreed to that fight as well. Three fights in a row, no-title defenses. Obviously, this is quite an improbable series of events, but not entirely beyond the scope of possibility. Would Anderson relinquish the Middleweight crown eventually, and at what point do you believe he should be forced to step aside and make room for other possible champions at 185?[/quote']

#1 - I don't wanna see GSP vs AS. last 4 title defenses were ud;s

... last stoppage was controversial & in '09 (key words are UFC & consecutive) -

otherwise Hendo -

#2 - Interesting question requiring more research than I'm up to now,

Hughes, Gracie, & Riggs were just so non-sequitur at the time -

#3 - IMO, Anderson is thinking mega-bucks & retirement soon, he is God

in Sao Paulo .. there is no percentage in Jones, Weidman or Georges,

.... Bonner vs Silva is absurd, needs an early tko or he looks ****y -

xf5dgl.gif

• Like 7

Silva vs GSP WILL NOT HAPPEN I GUARANTEE.

Dana pulls the superfight **** outta the bag everytime there is bad publicity for UFC as a way of detracting from it.

I have said it once and I will say it again, you will NEVER see any of the following fights:

GSP vs Silva

Silva vs JBJ

As I said back when I said the above, the only realistic superfight you will see in the next year is Edgar vs Aldo, which nearly just happened!

Other than that, within the next 2 years it will be JBJ vs whomever the current HW champ is at that time.... JDS/Cain/Overeem/Cormier