who should junior dos santos fight?

bigant05

I guess really the only two people to fight would be overeem or cain but who really should get it? I really like cain velasquez but he did get knockout out in the first round. overeem would be a good match but I almost feel he doesnt deserve it just yet. not because of the high testosterone levels but just because he hasnt had more then one fight in the ufc. nothing takin from brock lesnar but it was obvious he wasnt at his full potential,being sick n all, but with that i cant discredit overeem for his accomplishments elsewhere.just wondering what anyone thought!

If Cormier beats Mir in November then JDS vs Cormier for sure.

Fabricio Werdum is up there, but he needs a few more fights and couple top 10 guys before getting his rematch, which I think he'll lose anyways.

Cain and Overeem are the only options. I'd rather see him fight Overeem, just because of the stylistic matchup and because I don't wanna see a rematch (Even though I'm rooting for Cain, still wanna see JDS vs Overeem really bad).

Honestly don't think Cain deserves the shot after just one fight even though it was a dominant performance, but he's the only guy other than Overeem who can really challenge him right now.

So Overeem should get it, but because of all the crap he's going through, the next best guy is Cain.

After he beats Cain again, theres a good amount of options

If Cormier beats Mir, JDS VS Cormier should happen.

If Travis Browne beats Bigfoot he is going to be up there and will probably be one fight away from a title shot.

Im thinking they will probably do Hunt Vs Werdum, the winner of that will be up there as well.

Then you got Overeem just floating around in the mist, maybe give him Browne if Brown beats Bigfoot. Than make that fight a number 1 contender fight.

Also, a big dark horse in the HW division imo is Stipe Miocic, if he can take out Struve that will make him 4-0 in the UFC. He is an undefeated fighter with a very well rounded skill set, he just may be able to shake things up a bit.

Overeem just because Ive been dying to see that fight. Most exciting match up

stfu noob

I guess really the only two people to fight would be overeem or cain but who really should get it? I really like cain velasquez but he did get knockout out in the first round. overeem would be a good match but I almost feel he doesnt deserve it just yet. not because of the high testosterone levels but just because he hasnt had more then one fight in the ufc. nothing takin from brock lesnar but it was obvious he wasnt at his full potential' date='being sick n all, but with that i cant discredit overeem for his accomplishments elsewhere.just wondering what anyone thought![/quote']

pathetic division at the moment, Junior deserves better,

... my choices would be

#1 - Overeem - dos Santos don't like him, this is unfinished business

#2 - Velasquez - needs to show it wasn't a fluke, would be must win for Cain

#3 - Cormier - big step up from the lack lustre performances of Silva & Barnett

anything after these 3 is like Silva vs Bonnar -

• Like 5

Simples.

If Cormier beats Mir and comes out healthy, plus JDS beats Cain, then Cormier vs Overeem in the new year.

The situation gets more complicated however should any of the following occur:

- Mir beats Cormier

- Cormier beats Mir but gets injured

- Cain beats JDS and Cormier beats Mir

I think the winner of Big Foot vs Browne will be in the contender mix, along with the winner of Carwin/Nelson. Werdum is most definitely up there too.

Will be interesting to see what is planned for the winner of Struve vs Miocic, for me I think a fight with Hunt makes most sense

If Cormier beats Mir and comes out healthy' date=' plus JDS beats Cain, then

[b'] Cormier vs Overeem

[/b]

I would take DC here, I'm just not buyin' Over****'s, clownshoe record -

The situation gets more complicated however should any of the following occur:

- Mir beats Cormier

I'm thinkin' this ^ is possible although not likely, even a blind squirrel finds

a nut in the forest, first time I can remember betting Mur -

• Like 4

Overeem. Cain doesn't have the chin to stand with JDS. Go back and watch the Cain vs Kongo fight if you think differently.

The rematch will play out a lot like the first fight. There will only be two hits. JDS hitting Cain and Kid Rock's BawWitDaBaw playing in the background. (Lil workaholic's reference for your enjoyment)

I know he's not up in the rankings' date=' but stylistically I'd like to see JDS vs Cheick Kongo. Cheick Kongo has some solid kickboxing and I think it would be hard for JDS to stay on the outside considering that's something Kongo can handle.[/quote']

Kongo doesn't have a great chin either. He got ko'd like 4 times against Barry and tko'd by Hunt rather quickly. It would probably look a lot like JDS vs Yvel.

If Cormier beats Mir in November then JDS vs Cormier for sure.

Fabricio Werdum is up there' date=' but he needs a few more fights and couple top 10 guys before getting his rematch, which I think he'll lose anyways.

Cain and Overeem are the only options. I'd rather see him fight Overeem, just because of the stylistic matchup and because I don't wanna see a rematch (Even though I'm rooting for Cain, still wanna see JDS vs Overeem really bad).

Honestly don't think Cain deserves the shot after just one fight even though it was a dominant performance, but he's the only guy other than Overeem who can really challenge him right now.

So Overeem should get it, but because of all the crap he's going through, the next best guy is Cain.[/quote']I agree Werdum had improved standup against Roy, looked pretty good.I really thought that fight would be closer, but the names that come to mind are CAIN , CORMIER AND REEM.