The Underdog Card...Another Brilliant Idea!

Brady969

Ok, maybe not brilliant but an idea....

So once a year Zuffa makes all of the title holders (or realisticly, at least 2 ) put the titles on the line and fight the newest fighters in The UFC or who ever is at the back of the line. I know some will say its not fair and it's a way of rewarding fighters that suck but Zuffa can control that aspect of the fights and how they're chosen. OR a compete unknown ( a real life rocky story) gets a chance to fight the champ. Of course that unknown has to be at least an amateur fighter.

Thoughts?

UFC has already abolished any resemblance to a "ranking" system in favor of fights they want to promote. Need they go so far as to give an undeserving contender when they are already making fights based of projected PPV sales more than deservingness? Sorry Brady, but on this one, I have to vote firmly on the side of "PASS."

We get a few mismatched fights on the undercard every year for this kind of underdog excitement - or the occasional situation like Silva/Bonnar. No need to make it a staple. Besides, what fan is going to line up for a fight that is marketed as some nobody vs. the top in the world. We buy it in movies, cause we know the journey of the character is worth it - we don't want to spend $50 to see it unfold in real life, especially for some "nobody" we've never heard of and are not emotionally invested in.

That just seems incredibly harsh for the back of the line nobody fighter. Somebody completely new to the organization would be welcomed with JDS? Could you imagine how horrible of a murder Eric Prindle would receive in that fight? I'm not saying Eric Prindle would fight, but he's the kind of unknown nobody underdog you'd be talking about. Regardless who it is, the get killed very quickly.

That just seems incredibly harsh for the back of the line nobody fighter. Somebody completely new to the organization would be welcomed with JDS? Could you imagine how horrible of a murder Eric Prindle would receive in that fight? I'm not saying Eric Prindle would fight' date=' but he's the kind of unknown nobody underdog you'd be talking about. Regardless who it is, the get killed very quickly.[/quote']

That's true but if he catches JDS and knocks him out? Imagine that.