If it wasn't Rio. . .

dumbkidsthesedays

Could people stop with the "stepped up" bs

Silva is in need of a fight and he got an extremely easy opponent in his home town. Do you really think Jones wouldn't have done that?

Jones didn't take a fight vs. Sonnen, a guy who he promised one week before he wouldn't grant a title shot to before he earned it.

Do you really think anyone wouldn't take a fight in their home town vs. a very easy opponent for a huge paycheck? Machida and Shogun is one thing for not taking a title shot vs. jones, but I just don't see any comparisons whatsoever to the Jones situation. Silva took an easy fight without his title on the line, big deal?

Silva took an easy fight without his title on the line' date=' big deal?[/quote']

So you are saying that Silva taking a fight a weight class up on fairly short notice against a guy who has never been finished except by doctor stoppage isn't any more special than Jon Jones turning down a fight against a guy who is a weight class below him who has no chance to train for the fight against him who was just short of being a give me freebie title defense?

Silva is about to show Jones why Jones will never top his GOAT status.

Jon Jones is a *****. Silva is STEPPING UP to save the Brazil card while Jones sits at home hiding behind his belt while pretending to be holier than thou over everyone else and training for a fight against a MW. I hope Vitor puts him on his ***. Would be hilarious for him to lose to a MW in devastating fashion.

so you are saying that silva taking a fight a weight class up on fairly short notice against a guy who has never been finished except by doctor stoppage isn't any more special than jon jones turning down a fight against a guy who is a weight class below him who has no chance to train for the fight against him who was just short of being a give me freebie title defense?

Silva is about to show jones why jones will never top his goat status.

Jon jones is a *****. Silva is stepping up to save the brazil card while jones sits at home hiding behind his belt while pretending to be holier than thou over everyone else and training for a fight against a mw.

+100000

Could people stop with the "stepped up" bs

Silva is in need of a fight and he got an extremely easy opponent in his home town. Do you really think Jones wouldn't have done that?

Jones didn't take a fight vs. Sonnen' date=' a guy who he promised one week before he wouldn't grant a title shot to before he earned it.

Do you really think anyone wouldn't take a fight in their home town vs. a very easy opponent for a huge paycheck? Machida and Shogun is one thing for not taking a title shot vs. jones, but I just don't see any comparisons whatsoever to the Jones situation. Silva took an easy fight without his title on the line, big deal?[/quote']

A week before Jones also said that he would fight him anywhere anytime and that he would kick his ***. He got called out and backed down.

Oh and there is his comment on twitter

"Just to clear the record i've never turn down a mma fight against anyone and never will"