UFC ppv's are not interesting me lately

Sisti

don't get me wrong, i am a huge fan of UFC. I get ridiculously excited the night of a big UFC ppv and there are very few things more awesome than a great card. But I have not felt the need for buying a card in quite some time.

first off, dana and the ufc management has to not put ANY blame on their fighters for a cancellation. jones took way too much flack for their decision to pull a card, and no card should ever be completey dependent on one guy. if anything, they dropped the ball by not finding some way to keep the card running and get a replacement fight in time (even if it was 2 completely different fighters for a main event)

secondly, they need to plan for injuries better. this is freakin cage fighting, you have to prepare in some ways to deal with injuries. booking ufc 152 with jones vs. belfort and 153 with silva vs. bonnar just doesn't seem competitive enough to shell the $55

when there were fights like thiago silva (13-0) vs. machida (13-0) as the co-main event and main events like gsp vs. penn that got me EXCITED!

they have some amazing talent that could easily be sold, jones is freakin crazy good, silva is amazing, and aldo is a beast. i just think they are missing some common sense booking and promotion that would make more people savoring to buy the next card.

they have so much going for them right now, they are just not putting together the type of cards that make people really want to buy (short of chael/silva 2)

Honestly I find their free cards more worth watching than their PPV's. They need to put fewer big names on their free cards and save them for the PPV's' date=' because unless there are 3 or 4 marketable fights, it's not worth paying for.[/quote']

that's part of it too...its hard to justify spending $55 for something that's barely better than a card you could see for free

Just look at it this way. With well over 10-15 big named fighters injured this year, imagine what kind of cards we are going to see in 2013. You cant have back up for injuries because there arent supposed to be any. Once there is a drought of fights on T.V people are usually dying for some exitement when it comes back and I can definitely say that every card from UFC 152 till Dec 29 looks stacked in my eyes.

I can definitely say that every card from UFC 152 till Dec 29 looks stacked in my eyes.

maybe for me it's just the fact that the last few were meh and jones/belfort and silva/bonnar seem too one-sided and quick to shell out the $55

at least they still do have jones and silva on the card though

after that, i'm looking forward to seeing some stacked cards with hard to determine outcomes

I always look forward to an event, whether it's PPV or on free TV but I think there are so many events, so frequently that I just don't get too excited about it like I used to. There was an excited feeling for me before when I had to wait 2-3 months for an amazing PPV that is missing now.

I hate to compare it to WWE, but when I was a kid, I used to love watching Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior in those wrestlemania's that only happened once a year. There was this anticipation that just made the whole thing seem grander. If you recall, they would have ****** matches every weekend, where a top guy wrestled some crappy guy you knew was going to lose easily and every once in a while they would throw together a great match and it was like a treat. Then they started to have RAW and Smackdown and there were good story lines and everything, but it just lost that importance a bit because every week it had to live up to an expecation that in most cases it couldn't meet.

This how I feel about the UFC a little since they started putting on more cards. Although I enjoy every card and look forward to see how each fighter does, it just doesn't have that kind of grand feeling anymore. Now if they put together an amazing card like they have here and there, then I get that anticipation and excitement for it, but for most cards, it just feels a little "watered down" sometimes.

I hate to compare it to WWE' date=' but when I was a kid, I used to love watching Hogan, Macho Man, Ultimate Warrior in those wrestlemania's that only happened once a year. There was this anticipation that just made the whole thing seem grander.[/quote']

yep, exactly

they are watering down the grand feeling of a UFC event...I think the fact that they are on 152 means subconsciously they are not thinking each one is as amazing and important to stand on its own

With all the TUF shows coming out and all these new fighters' date=' as well as fighters retiring or getting up in age or the abundance of injuries, of course it's not like it used to be. But think of it as a new chapter. All these unknowns may someday be the next Silva, Jones or Aldo.[/quote']

I do enjoy it and it's guaranteed that we will have superstars develop through the years that may be as dominant as some are today. I just don't get that excitement over most cards now, only those that promise excellent matchups, regardless whether they're for the title or not.