Why isn't Silva facing Weidman at 153

CitiBoy7

I mean the card is a month from now and both fighters would have time to get in shape and to top it off Weidman is supposedly the #1 contender so why isn't this fight happening and why isn't anyone campaigning for it?

No disrespect to Anderson but did he honestly tell the #1 contender you aren't worthy enough to face him like I can understand if it was a random nobody but the #1 contender and this is allowed by the UFC so now we get a fight with "The American Psycho" who has no chance in hell of winning.

VENT

I would prefer that fight or a fight with Evans/Shogun.

But I wouldn't be suprised if he only defendes his belt one more time before he retires.

He wants super fights only, or in this case last minute kind of deals.

To be fair, yes, Weidman is a challenger but won't another challenger be revealed in the winner of Bisping/Stann?

Wasn't Vitor a challenger? Isn't Belcher a challenger? Boetsch beat Okami, who was better ranked and more prepared than Munoz and then he beat Lombard with a broken foot, isn't he also worth mentioning in the whole who's the next contender debate?

That division has to sort itself out, IMO before they send someone out for Silva, Weidman isn't alone up there and to fight Silva you really have to be ahead of the pack.

I think people forget that Weidman is undefeated, thus comparing them to other title worthy challengers like Stann or Bisping....LOL, whatever. They also forget that Weidman has the tools....ground game.....to take Silva out....because everyone knows if your gonna stand in front of Anderson.......you fail.

As for Silva vs Bonnar........Standing, Silva wins hands down. Going to the ground.....Bonnar has a chance, not saying he will win but there is a chance if he is relentless with takedowns and sub attempts.

The only positives about this fight is that Silva is fighting in Brazil and he's gonna have another appearance and win this year. Out of all the LHW and you grab part time Bonnar so its kinda laughable when people praise Silva for going up in weightclass when he's always awarded safe fights.

I think people forget that Weidman is undefeated' date=' thus comparing them to other title worthy challengers like Stann or Bisping....LOL, whatever. They also forget that Weidman has the tools....ground game.....to take Silva out....because everyone knows if your gonna stand in front of Anderson.......you fail.

As for Silva vs Bonnar........Standing, Silva wins hands down. Going to the ground.....Bonnar has a chance, not saying he will win but there is a chance if he is relentless with takedowns and sub attempts.[/quote']

He's undefeated in his last 9 fights of which only two were against credible opponents (one isn't even in the division anymore).

I am a Silva fan but this fight is just stupid. The best in the world shouldn't be facing a dude that has no relevance at all. Out of all people it is Bonnar. That is a joke.

LOL!

You want to know the funny part?

Before offering him Bonnar they offered him Le at CW since Silva said he would only fight at a higher weight beacuse he was on vacation in Hawaii :D

This also plays a factor on why Weidman couldn't take the fight, Silva was only willing to fight at a higher weight class.

Here's the link:http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/09/bastidores-do-ufc-rio-iii-estresse-de-dana-e-cung-le-cogitado-para-spider.html

I mean the card is a month from now and both fighters would have time to get in shape and to top it off Weidman is supposedly the #1 contender so why isn't this fight happening and why isn't anyone campaigning for it?

No disrespect to Anderson but did he honestly tell the #1 contender you aren't worthy enough to face him like I can understand if it was a random nobody but the #1 contender and this is allowed by the UFC so now we get a fight with "The American Psycho" who has no chance in hell of winning.

VENT

He said he couldn't make weight in a month.

Thread Over.

The only positives about this fight is that Silva is fighting in Brazil and he's gonna have another appearance and win this year. Out of all the LHW and you grab part time Bonnar so its kinda laughable when people praise Silva for going up in weightclass when he's always awarded safe fights.

Of course, Weidman is much more of a threat than Bonnar, but Bonnar is not Griffin. Bonnar is

very durable in the kickboxing range, so I think Bonnar will at least hold his own for a couple of

rounds like at least 3 rounds, not like thin chin bones Griffin who I believe lasted 1 round. I think

Bonnar could possibly even last the 5 rounds if he learns how not to get caught by a JBJ

spinning elbow strike.

I would prefer that fight or a fight with Evans/Shogun.

But I wouldn't be suprised if he only defendes his belt one more time before he retires.

He wants super fights only' date=' or in this case last minute kind of deals.

To be fair, yes, Weidman is a challenger but won't another challenger be revealed in the winner of Bisping/Stann?

Wasn't Vitor a challenger? Isn't Belcher a challenger? Boetsch beat Okami, who was better ranked and more prepared than Munoz and then he beat Lombard with a broken foot, isn't he also worth mentioning in the whole who's the next contender debate?

[b']That division has to sort itself out, IMO before they send someone out for Silva, Weidman isn't alone up there and to fight Silva you really have to be ahead of the pack.

[/b]

Couldn't have said it any better.

Because he is scared. Plain and simple. He only wants to fight washed up bums at this point and retire undefeated in the UFC.

After this I imagine he'll complete his trilogy with Rich Franklin. Then he'll call out the Bellator middleweight champ. He may take on GSP and make him tap to jabs. Then he'll rumble weight with some #15- 25 LHW and then retire.

i'm still trying to figure out how Munoz was considered top three in the division

lol... I bet you think Bisping should be scheduled to fight Anderson for beating the like of Mayhem, Rivera (after an illegal knee) and almost beating Chael Sonnen.

If he wins against Stann you guys will be singing praises about what a legit opponent Stann is.