Dana on Bones: "I wonder how this piece of meat felt when we bought him a Bentley."

Emrig

you mean like an employee doing his job?:confused::confused:

that type of professionalism????

His job was to fight Hendo not Chael...

What a person says on interviews or the internet means nothing a contract is what actually means something.

If anybody was unprofessional then I would have to say Hendo (for not disclosing of the injury sooner) and UFC (they should've put together a better card) were.

Jones made a business decision with his trainers and managers and he's paying for it nothing unproffesional there, just choices...

You don't trash talk your employees at any time' date=' especially on live t.v. If Dana has a problem with Jones then he needs to handle it privately.

It's ****ing common curtesy.[/quote']

he probably talked to him pretty sternly when jones decided to deny the fight with sonnen... jones wasnt acting professional either stating "UFC doesnt give full cards, and they have learned there lesson now"....cnt have a double standard man...

What a person says on interviews or the internet means nothing a contract is what actually means something.

If anybody was unprofessional then I would have to say Hendo (for not disclosing of the injury sooner) and UFC (they should've put together a better card) were.

Jones made a business decision with his trainers and managers and he's paying for it nothing unproffesional there' date=' just choices...[/quote']

his job was to fight for the UFC on september 4th(?).....hendo dropped out cuz of natural causes, he was injured....they asked him to save the card by taking a fight with a fighter of lower weight that has had 0 training camp....when your employer asks you "hey i need to to work some overtime for us, we really need it" you say " na im schedualed these 40 hours, nothing else or different"....

or if you employer says "hey your usually a server, but we need to greet people today"....

will you say no? probably not....

bottom line is :

no its not all jones fault

yes, jones declined the fight

no, he had no real valid reason

yes, it was a terrible decision for his career

is dana overeacting?

wouldnt you, if you lost 20 million dollars? not counting lost revenue?

he probably talked to him pretty sternly when jones decided to deny the fight with sonnen... jones wasnt acting professional either stating "UFC doesnt give full cards' date=' and they have learned there lesson now"....cnt have a double standard man...[/quote']

After Dana called his trainer a "****ing sport killer" and said he was "disgusted" with him, I would think the gloves are off in terms of trash talk.

Besides JBJ was just stating the obvious, Dana was talking out of his ***...

Jones didn't cancel UFC 151, the UFC did. I do think Jones should have taken the fight with Sonnen, it would have been an easy win really. But I don't blame him for turning it down against a high level opponent on just 8 days. But at least his mistake has served a lesson to the rest of the champs or really any main event fight, except Silva because he's willing to step up, that they need to take any replacement fight at any time no matter how many days left.

Guarantee if this situation happens again to any champion, the replacement fights won't be getting turned down. I honestly think if any other champ was in Jon's shoes, they would have taken the fight on 8 days notice. I'm disappointed at Jones for not taking the fight, yes, but I don't think it's his fault that the event was cancelled. That blame is on Dana and the UFC.

After Dana called his trainer a "****ing sport killer" and said he was "disgusted" with him' date=' I would think the gloves are off in terms of trash talk.

Besides JBJ was just stating the obvious, Dana was talking out of his ***...[/quote']

how is he talking out of his ***? jackson creates runners/LnPers/Point fighters....and apperantly creates ducks...

jon jones declined a fight with a MIDDLEWEIGHT WITH NO CAMP...he had a full camp and was peaking....yea....totally not disgusting for a WORLD CHAMPION to turn down a SILVER PLATTER fight

his job was to fight for the UFC on september 4th(?).....hendo dropped out cuz of natural causes' date=' he was injured....they asked him to save the card by taking a fight with a fighter of lower weight that has had 0 training camp....when your employer asks you "hey i need to to work some overtime for us, we really need it" you say " na im schedualed these 40 hours, nothing else or different"....

or if you employer says "hey your usually a server, but we need to greet people today"....

bottom line is :

[b']no, he had no real valid reason[/b]

is dana overeacting?

wouldnt you, if you lost 20 million dollars? not counting lost revenue?

He had no valid reason?:rolleyes: I guess not wanting to fight a high level opponent in Chael Sonnen on just 8 days notice isn't a valid reason.

And before you say he wasn't, Chael Sonnen WAS in shape. People keep saying he was out of shape. Chael is always training and in shape and said in an interview he was ready to fight anytime and stays is shape.

Like I mentioned, I'm disappointed Jones didn't except the fight. He did have a valid reason, but even though he had that reason, he should have been a company man and stepped up. But again, not his fault event was cancelled. They could have done Ellenberger/Hieron main with Siver/Yagin co-main. It would have been a ppv with a fuel t.v. fight card.

his job was to fight for the UFC on september 4th(?).....hendo dropped out cuz of natural causes' date=' he was injured....they asked him to save the card by taking a fight with a fighter of lower weight that has had 0 training camp....when your employer asks you "hey i need to to work some overtime for us, we really need it" you say " na im schedualed these 40 hours, nothing else or different"....

bottom line is :

no, he had no real valid reason

is dana overeacting?

wouldnt you, if you lost 20 million dollars? not counting lost revenue?[/quote']

Dude, in neither of those jobs you get payed what JBJ would get payed for that fight...

Tell me a job where a person who gets payed as much as Jones can be just switched around, or moved to another place, or fired with ease in case they don't do their jobs like it's nothing.

You can't beacuse those people are valuable just like JBJ is.

Jones made a business decision with his trainers and managers and he's paying for it nothing unproffesional there' date=' just choices...[/quote']

Of course. Jones did not have to fight. I think most understand this point. UFC did not have to buy him a Bentley. Guessing that was not in his contract.

I believe most were suprised that Jones would leave his employer, co-workers, vendors, fans, etc, hung out to dry simply because he had not trained for a specific opponent. Not to mention, one he would probably crush.

Good to see someone called out on what most would agree was a **** move.

Of course. Jones did not have to fight. I think most understand this point. UFC did not have to buy him a Bentley. Guessing that was not in his contract.

I believe most were suprised that Jones would leave his employer' date=' co-workers, vendors, fans, etc, hung out to dry simply because he had not trained for a specific opponent. Not to mention, one he would probably crush.

Good to see someone called out on what most would agree was a **** move.[/quote']

Yeah I guess the UFC got him by the balls when they bought a UFC world champion sponsored by Nike a Bentley.

The poor guy, at this point of his career he could probably only buy two...

The poor thing...

I also bet the UFC is close to bankruptcy, beacuse they bough a fighter a Bentley.

I really hope you are always attempting to troll, because if you aren't the public education system has failed you.

What in that post made you think I was trolling?

I really hope you are always attempting to troll' date=' because if you aren't the public education system has failed you.[/quote']

Also The UFC is a Entertainment Selling company this isn't an office job, Dana can say whatever he wants to/about the fighters. It isn't like there is greener pastures elsewhere.

Yeah I guess the UFC got him by the balls when they bought a UFC world champion sponsored by Nike a Bentley.

The poor guy' date=' at this point of his career he could probably only buy two...

The poor thing...

I also bet the UFC is close to bankruptcy, beacuse they bough a fighter a Bentley.[/quote']

Maybe not the because of the Bentley but guessing canceling 151 cost them several million. Cost to Las Vegas businesses quite a bit more.

I know JBJ is bigger than Vegas, UFC, maybe MMA itself. Heck, he has been crucified like Jesus Christ, just ask him.

Cause and effect.

Jones was the cause. The cancelation was the effect.

Don't even bring Hendo into it. Injuries happen all the time. Hendo wasn't aware that the injury was severe enough that he couldn't fight until he was forced off the card. What' date=' you think Hendo knew he couldn't fight and waited anyway?[/quote']

If you go to the hospital beacuse you're not feeling too well and you don't know when you're getting out, will you tell your boss (or have someone tell him), that you might not be able to go to work, the minute you know you might not make it there in time?

Or will you wait until the last minute to warn him about it?

If you go to the hospital beacuse you're not feeling too well and you don't know when you're getting out' date=' will you tell your boss (or have someone tell him), that you might not be able to go to work, the minute you know you might not make it there in time?

Or will you wait until the last minute to warn him about it?[/quote']

Bad judgement on Hendersons end but can understand how it can happen.

Jones??? Bad character

Bad judgement on Hendersons end but can understand how it can happen.

Jones??? Bad character

Hendo's been in the game for how many years now?

Doesn't he know that if the main fight in the card gets called off the event could get cancelled? (Maybe he didn't beacuse nobody knew inclunding Jones lool, it never happened before).

He shows a lot of bad character by not disclosing his knee that (I'm quoting from the man himself here), "popped pretty bad".

Was he thinking about all the others that would get affected, if by any chance he wasn't cleared to fight?

He wasn't and so wasn't Jones beacuse it's not their problem.

Sonnen started calling out Jones on twitter a week or so after Hendo got injured, coincidence? Yeah right...

Talk about bad character...

Not only was he trained for Jones by training with Hendo all that time he might've been in very good shape already by the time they fought at UFC 151 (4 weeks and a half is enough to get in shape I would say).

Hendo's been in the game for how many years now?

Doesn't he know that if the main fight in the card gets called off the event could get cancelled? (Maybe he didn't beacuse nobody knew inclunding Jones lool' date=' it never happened before).

He shows a lot of bad character by not disclosing his knee that (I'm quoting from the man himself here), "popped pretty bad".

Was he thinking about all the others that would get affected, if by any chance he wasn't cleared to fight?

He wasn't and so wasn't Jones beacuse it's not their problem.

Sonnen started calling out Jones on twitter a week or so after Hedno got injured, coincidence? Yeah right...

Talk about bad charachter...

Not only was he trained for Jones by training with Hendo all that time he might've been in very good shape already by the time they fought (4 weeks and a half is enough to get in shape I would say).[/quote']

I had no idea that this was your stance on the topic. Well played sir.

You've been typing the exact same thing since the card was cancelled. You're probably going to have to replace your keyboard soon cause the same keys you've been pressing have seen so much action.

Caveman simply loves Jon Jones and Anderson Silva

He cried and complained for a week after Chael vs Jones was announced saying how Chael didn't deserve it and it was a huge mismatch.

Bonnar vs Anderson is announced and he thinks it is a great fight :D

Caveman simply loves Jon Jones and Anderson Silva

He cried and complained for a week after Chael vs Jones was announced saying how Chael didn't deserve it and it was a huge mismatch.

Bonnar vs Anderson is announced and he thinks it is a great fight :D

That's just slander, I've never said it was a great fight and I was hoping for the more obvious Shogun vs Silva like everyone else...

That's just slander' date=' I've never said it was a great fight and I was hoping for the more obvious Shogun vs Silva like everyone else...[/quote']

yet your not making 10 threads complaining about it like the Jones fight

and still you are blaming Shogun for the fight not happening, not Dana

But when its Jon Jones not taking a fight, you blame Dana, not Jones

yet your not making 10 threads complaining about it like the Jones fight

and still you are blaming Shogun for the fight not happening' date=' not Dana

But when its Jon Jones not taking a fight, you blame Dana, not Jones[/quote']

Well for one it isn't for a title...

Secondly, I'm not blaming Shogun beacuse he's already in a fight and as far as I know he wasn't asked to face Silva...

Thirdly, It was Jones fault beacuse he made an entire division scared to fight him so they have to put together these BS fights with MW's.

He had no valid reason?:rolleyes: I guess not wanting to fight a high level opponent in Chael Sonnen on just 8 days notice isn't a valid reason.

And befohttp://forums.ufc.production.sparkart.net/images/style-ufccommunity/editor/separator.gifre you say he wasn't' date=' Chael Sonnen [u']WAS[/u] in shape. People keep saying he was out of shape. Chael is always training and in shape and said in an interview he was ready to fight anytime and stays is shape.

Like I mentioned, I'm disappointed Jones didn't except the fight. He did have a valid reason, but even though he had that reason, he should have been a company man and stepped up. But again, not his fault event was cancelled. They could have done Ellenberger/Hieron main with Siver/Yagin co-main. It would have been a ppv with a fuel t.v. fight card.

lol... being "in shape" and completing a training camp to fight the champ of a higher weight class are two totally different things. Jones had his camp, Sonnen would have spent the 8 days cutting weight.

I believe most were suprised that Jones would leave his employer' date=' co-workers, vendors, fans, etc, hung out to dry simply because he had not trained for a specific opponent. Not to mention, one he would probably crush.

Good to see someone called out on what most would agree was a **** move.[/quote']

What's also funny is that Jones has said that he never trains for a specific opponent. He just trains.

I think Jones could've and should've taken the fight with Sonnen and I think he has a big responsibility for the cancellation of the event. I think he would've beaten Sonnen into a pulp without breaking a sweat. A bad descicion on JBJ?s part imo.

That being said, Dana need to STFU on this topic now, he has a responsibility as the big dog to take this in private, face to face. Up until now I have understood Danas reaction and the first phone-conference was epic, but now he just seem childish and unprofessional as he runs around screaming nanny-nanny-boo-boo. He sits where the buck stops in the UFC, he needs to own up to his own shortcomings as to make a card so weak and he should grow up and stop ranting on on this topic.

I love Dana and his out-spokenness, but this is a couple of steps too far imo... But props to him for admitting the Silva-Bonnar-fight don't make sense. I think it will be FOTN though...

Well for one it isn't for a title...

Secondly' date=' I'm not blaming Shogun beacuse he's already in a fight and as far as I know he wasn't asked to face Silva...

Thirdly, It was Jones fault beacuse he made an entire division scared to fight him so they have to put together these BS fights with MW's.[/quote']

The LHW division has been a joke for years. For god's sake they let a Karate guy be their champion.

I think Jones could've and should've taken the fight with Sonnen and I think he has a big responsibility for the cancellation of the event. I think he would've beaten Sonnen into a pulp without breaking a sweat. A bad descicion on JBJ?s part imo.

That being said' date=' Dana need to STFU on this topic now, he has a responsibility as the big dog to take this in private, face to face. Up until now I have understood Danas reaction and the first phone-conference was epic, but now he just seem childish and unprofessional as he runs around screaming nanny-nanny-boo-boo. He sits where the buck stops in the UFC, he needs to own up to his own shortcomings as to make a card so weak and he should grow up and stop ranting on on this topic.

I love Dana and his out-spokenness, but this is a couple of steps too far imo... But props to him for admitting the Silva-Bonnar-fight don't make sense. I think it will be FOTN though...[/quote']

The initial card really wasn't weak at all.

Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson (hurt)

Jake Ellenberger vs Josh Koscheck (hurt)

Dennis Siver vs Eddie Yagin

Dennis Hallman vs Thiago Tavares

John Lineker vs Yasuhiro Uru****ani

Johnson vs Castillo

Mizugaki vs Hougland

Means vs Trujillo

Cruickshank vs Martinez

Roller vs Volkmann

Noke vs Brenneman

That is not a weak card at all but if you take the Main and Co-Main event out of it then it is a weak card and people would be *****ing if he tried to keep it on without replacing the top fights.