How many PPV buys will UFC 153 get?

Nyte

Refer to poll.

UFC 153 Fight Card

:

LightHeavyWeight: Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar (3 round main event)

Heavyweight: Antonio Minotauro Nogueria vs Dave Herman

LightHeavyWeight: Glover Teixara vs Fabio Maldonado

Welterweight: Jon Fitch vs Erick Silva

LightHeavyWeight: Phil Davis vs Wager Prado

Welterweight: Demian Maia vs Rick Story

I think this card gets between 600-700k with Anderson Fighting on it along with countdowns' date=' promotions to hype it, and it being at LHW[/quote']

Why would you assume that? Anderson's title defense against Okami (another Rio event) did a 335,000 buys. And Okami was considered a much bigger threat to Anderson than Bonnar is. Granted the undercard of UFC 134 was a bit weaker than it is here. However I think Silva's title not being on the line hurts it a little. Not to mention the UFC's buyrates have seen a general downward slope. Add in the fact that this is a reconstructed card. I'm guessing this does just south of 400,000 buys. Still a respectable number for salvaging losing the main event and co-main event.

However, this might all change. If UFC 152 is met with high praise and it exhilarating, it might work up some good steam going into this card. But generally, I'm guessing in the high 300's.

Why would you assume that? Anderson's title defense against Okami (another Rio event) did a 335' date='000 buys. And Okami was considered a much bigger threat to Anderson than Bonnar is. Granted the undercard of UFC 134 was a bit weaker than it is here. However I think Silva's title not being on the line hurts it a little. Not to mention the UFC's buyrates have seen a general downward slope. Add in the fact that this is a reconstructed card. I'm guessing this does just south of 400,000 buys. Still a respectable number for salvaging losing the main event and co-main event.

However, this might all change. If UFC 152 is met with high praise and it exhilarating, it might work up some good steam going into this card. But generally, I'm guessing in the high 300's.[/quote']

That's true. But the fact that Silva is stepping up a weight class might be so intriguing to some that they want to buy it. That is my only reason for why it would be high, seeing the champ step up a weight class. Now that you put it that way, 600K does seem a little unreasonable for this card. Stephan Bonnar isn't exactly mainstream. If it was someone like Rashad Evans or Shogun, then 600K for sure.

Yeah it is disappointing that UFC 134 did 335,000. It was a good card with Silva/Okami, Shogun/Griffin 2, Big Nog/Schaub, Barboza/Pearson. I think the fact that Okami isn't well known was the reason for it not being high compared to his fights with Sonnen and Belfort--more well known fighters and had higher buyrates.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry but this card is by far the best of this year and Im not even takling about Silva vs Bonnar because it will be just for fun !!!

Every fight on this card (expect main event) has a great importancy inside its division. We might see Erick and Glover coming up as REAL DEALS, Maia drawing a line on WW division, Wagner Prado as a promissing upcomer, very interesting on Massaramdubas performance at LW, Brandao coming back from a loss and Cane at MW division.

• 1 month later...