Sign in to follow this  
the_bear413

Being a Jon Jones fan is hard

This is difficult for me to admit.

You see, I've been following this guy since his first UFC fight. I instantly became a fan of his when he suplexed Bonnar. I was one of the idiots making threads about how Jones was going to roll through the division with ease. This was when Machida and Shogun and Evans were champ. I would make threads and people would say, "He's over rated", or "He's too young and inexperienced," and "LOL he hasn't beaten anyone". And for that, I am proud of myself. I give every doubter that there was the middle finger.

I never liked him as a person. I can say that with 100% honesty. I didn't like how fake his post-fight interviews with Rogan were and I've been saying the whole time he was full of ****. Because of that, the Christians who post here always used to call me a bigot and an atheist and w/e, but now that Jones got arrested for driving drunk at 3 am with 2 women in the car that weren't his fiance, I again give you all the middle finger. I just liked the way he fought, plain and simple. He just ran through everyone and it was quite the spectacle.

I didn't even question when he decided to turn down the Sonnen fight. If they did fight, I'm like 10,000,000% sure Jones would have beat him in the 2nd round. I'm a huge Sonnen fan, but Chael simply didn't deserve that fight.

My problem with Jones is how he's been acting since then. The whole "I thought me and Dana were friends" is what really did it for me. Bro, your boss is your best friend. Always. You are paid to do something that he thought you enjoyed doing and gave you an opportunity to continue doing it while making a boatload of cash, and you simply said, "Nah."

Did you not think there was going to be fallout? Did you not think people were going to look at that and say "Wow, what a b itch"? Not only did you let all of your fans down, you let your fellow fighters down. On any given UFC card, there are at least 10 fights. Those other 19 fighters depend on the income they get from fighting to feed their families and pay the bills. Not everyone is UFC LHW champion and can afford to total a Bentley and pass on multi-million dollar opportunities. Get over yourself you whiny little [C word].

So anyway, the love-hate relationship that me and Jon Jones have is currently in the hate stage. I hope Vitor knocks his *** out, because, ironically it will wake his *** up. It's not going to happen though. Jones is going to destroy him and everyone will forget all about UFC 151.

pretty good read. I'm in the same boat as you, except i understand that he is young and people make mistakes. We're all human, we all make many bad judgment calls in our lifetime, even the best of us.

I'll give you an example of our best failing: Albert Einstein presented his theory or general relativity 3 times (if my memory serves me correct) before finally getting it right. That means Albert Einstein published his theory 2 times and had to go back and say "no no, i was wrong, I take back what I said".

Even our smartest make bad decisions, it happens.

You see' date=' I've been following this guy since his first UFC fight. I instantly became a fan of his when he suplexed Bonnar. I was one of the idiots making threads about how Jones was going to roll through the division with ease. This was when Machida and Shogun and Evans were champ. I would make threads and people would say, "He's over rated", or "He's too young and inexperienced," and "LOL he hasn't beaten anyone". And for that, I am proud of myself. I give every doubter that there was the middle finger.

I never liked him as a person. I can say that with 100% honesty. I didn't like how fake his post-fight interviews with Rogan were and I've been saying the whole time he was full of ****. Because of that, the Christians who post here always used to call me a bigot and an atheist and w/e, but now that Jones got arrested for driving drunk at 3 am with 2 women in the car that weren't his fiance, I again give you all the middle finger. I just liked the way he fought, plain and simple. He just ran through everyone and it was quite the spectacle.

I didn't even question when he decided to turn down the Sonnen fight. If they did fight, I'm like 10,000,000% sure Jones would have beat him in the 2nd round. I'm a huge Sonnen fan, but Chael simply didn't deserve that fight.

My problem with Jones is how he's been acting since then. The whole "I thought me and Dana were friends" is what really did it for me. Bro, your boss [i']is[/i] your best friend. Always. You are paid to do something that he thought you enjoyed doing and gave you an opportunity to continue doing it while making a boatload of cash, and you simply said, "Nah."

Did you not think there was going to be fallout? Did you not think people were going to look at that and say "Wow, what a b itch"? Not only did you let all of your fans down, you let your fellow fighters down. On any given UFC card, there are at least 10 fights. Those other 19 fighters depend on the income they get from fighting to feed their families and pay the bills. Not everyone is UFC LHW champion and can afford to total a Bentley and pass on multi-million dollar opportunities. Get over yourself you whiny little [C word].

So anyway, the love-hate relationship that me and Jon Jones have is currently in the hate stage. I hope Vitor knocks his *** out, because, ironically it will wake his *** up. It's not going to happen though. Jones is going to destroy him and everyone will forget all about UFC 151.

I agree with everything you said but some people will not forgive the guy, Dana especially

You, my friend, have just made an awesome post.

I don't hate Jones as much as I hate the fact that there are so many people soapboxing for him. He's 89.28% fake and the other 37.6% Hypocrite, I'm betting he's bad at math too.

I do love to watch him fight, it's too bad that how he's acted as a person, has made me not want to ever support him in the cage again, so I will never buy another PPV card with him on it, anywhere. I know, no big deal, but that's where it sits.

Anyway, as another poster said, I am also hard with a Bonnar and give this thread 5 stars and thank you for your honesty, too bad your fighter doesn't have your intellect.

Yeah i know' date=' i know this one JonBonesJonesFan. He gets banned from a forum every day.[/quote']

nope. -1. welcher.