If the UFC is finally acknowledging Vitor as a former HW and LHW champ...

gurling

Then they should acknowledge that he is officially the youngest champion in UFC history.

And they also should acknowledge that he is on the same list as Randy and BJ.

hypocrisy is annoying, they ignored Vitors feats until they wanted to hype this fight up. To hype it, they finally are saying he was the HW champ. (Which I think they should've said from the very beginning.)

Also, for those of you who don't know, Vitor won the HW tournament, and won the HW belt at that point. However, they didn't say he was a HW champ until now, because it was a tournament.

So, for more hype, this fight is "the 'official' youngest champ. vs. the 'unofficial' youngest champ. You choose who's who. :P

Then they should acknowledge that he is officially the youngest champion in UFC history.

And they also should acknowledge that he is on the same list as Randy and BJ.

hypocrisy is annoying' date=' they ignored Vitors feats until they wanted to hype this fight up. To hype it, they finally are saying he was the HW champ. (Which I think they should've said from the very beginning.)

Also, for those of you who don't know, Vitor won the HW tournament, and won the HW belt at that point. However, they didn't say he was a HW champ until now, because it was a tournament.

So, for more hype, this fight is "the 'official' youngest champ. vs. the 'unofficial' youngest champ. You choose who's who. :P[/quote']

To be honest i don't think Vitor should be consider a HW or LHW champ, that tournament was a joke and the "win" over Couture should have been a NC, with that said if the UFC is going to promote Vitor as a HW and LHW champ then they should also say he is the youngest UFC champ in history.

and by the way i'm not hating Vitor is my Favorite MW

To be honest i don't think Vitor should be consider a HW or LHW champ' date='[b'] that tournament was a joke and the "win" over Couture should have been a NC,[/b] with that said if the UFC is going to promote Vitor as a HW and LHW champ then they should also say he is the youngest UFC champ in history.

and by the way i'm not hating Vitor is my Favorite MW

oh, he mad

Except, the UFC Heavyweight Title was won by Mark Coleman from Dan Severn's Superfight Championship at UFC 12, the event in which Vitor won the Heavyweight Tournament. He was not then, nor has he ever been, a Heavyweight Champion. The first Championship Title won by Vitor was the Light-Heavyweight Title against Couture. Winning a tournament does not equate to being a Champion.

Sorry, but this argument is invalid based on technicalities.

Except' date=' the UFC Heavyweight Title was won by Mark Coleman from Dan Severn's Superfight Championship at UFC 12, the event in which Vitor won the Heavyweight Tournament. He was not then, nor has he ever been, a Heavyweight Champion. The first Championship Title won by Vitor was the Light-Heavyweight Title against Couture. Winning a tournament does not equate to being a Champion.

Sorry, but this argument is invalid based on technicalities.[/quote']

We can argue the "technicalities" of it, but it was clearly listed the night that he won, that he was the "heavyweight Champion" (Shown right here in this video:

At, 0:44 it shows it).

It has always been listed on the UFC website as a title fight, that he won: http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Vitor-Belfort Just scroll down on his record.

Despite all of this it has gone ignored that he won a HW championship...But now that they want to hype the fight, they acknowledge it.

They shouldn't flip flop back and forth...They are regarding him as a two time champ now, so he is the youngest champion in UFC history at age 19...

We can argue the "technicalities" of it' date=' but it was clearly listed the night that he won, that he was the "heavyweight Champion" (Shown right here in this video:
At, 0:44 it shows it).

It has always been listed on the UFC website as a title fight, that he won: http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Vitor-Belfort Just scroll down on his record.

Despite all of this it has gone ignored that he won a HW championship...But now that they want to hype the fight, they acknowledge it.

They shouldn't flip flop back and forth...They are regarding him as a two time champ now, so he is the youngest champion in UFC history at age 19...[/quote']

Except he wasn't the Heavyweight Champion. Mark Coleman won the inaugural Heavyweight Championship that same exact night. He was a Heavyweight Tournament winner. Not the same thing. Just like Mark Coleman won the UFC 10 and the UFC 11 tournaments but wasn't a Champion until he beat Severn. There is something known as linage when it comes to championships, Vitor won a tournament. Very different situation.

Sorry mate, but you're wrong.

Except he wasn't the Heavyweight Champion. Mark Coleman won the inaugural Heavyweight Championship that same exact night. He was a Heavyweight Tournament winner. Not the same thing. Just like Mark Coleman won the UFC 10 and the UFC 11 tournaments but wasn't a Champion until he beat Severn. There is something known as linage when it comes to championships' date=' Vitor won a tournament. Very different situation.

Sorry mate, but you're wrong.[/quote']

I agree. I've mentioned this as well. Vitor won the LightHeavyweight Belt when he beat Couture.

He only won the tournament, not the championship. The commercials are misleading when they mention LHW AND HW champion. They should just say former LHW champion and UFC 12 Heavyweight tournament winner.

So the argument that they should be promoting him as the youngest champion is wrong. He won the belt in '04, so Jones is still the youngest champ in UFC history. There really shouldn't be a debate. I guess we could say Belfort was the youngest fighter to win a tournament though.

Except he wasn't the Heavyweight Champion. Mark Coleman won the inaugural Heavyweight Championship that same exact night. He was a Heavyweight Tournament winner. Not the same thing. Just like Mark Coleman won the UFC 10 and the UFC 11 tournaments but wasn't a Champion until he beat Severn. There is something known as linage when it comes to championships' date=' Vitor won a tournament. Very different situation.

I'm not arguing against anything you're saying :)

But, again. The UFC website, the one we are on, considers it a title fight, and gave him a title fight victory.

And they are hyping the Jon Jones fight, saying Vitor is a two time champ at HW and LHW.

All I am saying is, if they are hyping the fight on the basis that he was a HW champ, and are going to list him as a HW champ.

Then give him the credit he deserves as youngest champ.

why yess I agree, Vitor is the youngest champion in the UFC in HW and LHW and just because the champions were being decided based on tournament style setups doesnt change anything, tournaments I believe are much harder to win then having a single fight for championship. If Jones was put through a tournament today, I dont think he would come out on top.

why yess I agree' date=' Vitor is the youngest champion in the UFC in HW and LHW and just because the champions were being decided based on tournament style setups doesnt change anything, tournaments I believe are much harder to win then having a single fight for championship. If Jones was put through a tournament today, I dont think he would come out on top.[/quote']

I agree with some of this but the fact is mark Coleman won THE HW TITLE that night against severn...vitor won the HW Torney Title...they are diffrent...if u wanna say they are the same then in bellator there are two champs per divison

And also Dan Henderson is the most accolades winning mma fighter off all time

- UFC MW champ

- SF LHW champ

- Pride WW champ

- Pride MW champ

He is the goat if vitor won the HW title

Archived