I wonder how many Occupy Wall Streeters celebrated the anniversary with a new iphone?

KINGnoob

So people who protest against against capatalism are not alllowed phones? Or coffee from Starbucks?

I thought that argument ended when evryone realised what a pathetic notion that was.

I dunno... what makes more sense... Protesting big corporations by camping at a park or by stop purchasing their product? Whats pathetic again? :rolleyes:

They're protesting at Wall Street' date=' not Apple.

Its like someone protesting against the cost of healthcare, and then not being allowed to use healthcare.[/quote']

This was the biggest problem with the movement, most people had their own agenda and were not protesting wall street, they simply used the protests as a means to promote whatever it was that they wanted. The movement was a complete and utter mess.

I dunno... what makes more sense... Protesting big corporations by camping at a park or by stop purchasing their product? Whats pathetic again? :rolleyes:

In case you haven't kept yourself abreast of this topic, apple is trying to make a very monopolistic campaign against its competition. That is the very opposite of capitalism and especially retarded since Samsung helped design the iPhone's OS...

In case you haven't kept yourself abreast of this topic' date=' apple is trying to make a very monopolistic campaign against its competition. That is the very opposite of capitalism and especially retarded since Samsung helped design the iPhone's OS...[/quote']

Ugh i promised myself not to respond to you anymore but **** it.

They aactually won a lawsuit for patent violations. How does that equal monopoly? Can samsung still build cell phones?

Ugh i promised myself not to respond to you anymore but **** it.

They aactually won a lawsuit for patent violations. How does that equal monopoly? Can samsung still build cell phones?

Samsung played an intrigual part in the development of the iPhones software. To sue them for "patent violations" was a bit ridiculous to begin with. I'm more inclined to believe the lawsuit took a legal loophole to thwart Samsung's Galaxy line from stealing Apple's customers because they put out a better product. It was the first time Apple had legitimate competition to run up against the iPhone. So what do you call it when someone tries to squash out legit competition by running them through legal ringers? I certainly don't call that capitalism, that's for sure. This is proven in sale trends. You arguing this shows you're actual true colors.

Samsung played an intrigual part in the development of the iPhones software. To sue them for "patent violations" was a bit ridiculous to begin with. I'm more inclined to believe the lawsuit took a legal loophole to thwart Samsung's Galaxy line from stealing Apple's customers because they put out a better product. It was the first time Apple had legitimate competition to run up against the iPhone. So what do you call it when someone tries to squash out legit competition by running them through legal ringers? I certainly don't call that capitalism' date=' that's for sure. This is proven in sale trends. You arguing this shows you're actual true colors.[/quote']

If they held that trial anywhere else, Apple would have lost.

Samsung played an intrigual part in the development of the iPhones software. To sue them for "patent violations" was a bit ridiculous to begin with. I'm more inclined to believe the lawsuit took a legal loophole to thwart Samsung's Galaxy line from stealing Apple's customers because they put out a better product. It was the first time Apple had legitimate competition to run up against the iPhone. So what do you call it when someone tries to squash out legit competition by running them through legal ringers? I certainly don't call that capitalism' date=' that's for sure. This is proven in sale trends. You arguing this shows you're actual true colors.[/quote']

You can be more inclined to believe whatever you want. Your claim for monopoly is STUPIDITY at its finest. Theres a stark difference between lawsuits for patent violations and monopolies. Do you even know what a monopoly is?

And I will say use of the courts is an integral part of capitalism. Now if you wanted to argue patents themselves thats a legitimate debate. But it is ridiculous to consider what happened an attempt at a monopoly.

Wise man once said if you argue with an idiot you yourself become an idiot. Which is why i must stop arguing with you. Its like talking to a child.

Who's the one acting like a child here? Do petty insults and rolling your eyes qualify as legitimate debate where you're from? You still haven't addressed the fact that Samsung did, in fact play a huge roll in the development of iPhone's OS. Just like anything else we discuss, you have to look deeper into the topic than what's on the surface. When you look past the frivolous lawsuit, you clearly see a partner in development practicing shady business tactics because they're brand was faltering in the face of its competition. If what you seem to think is true, Apple themselves could be sued for copyright infringement for their similarities to the DOS based pc. But the manufacturers of those products don't have to, because the quality of their product speaks for itself... Does Ford try to sue Chevy for making cars similar to theirs? Nope, they sure didn't. Do they both not produce the same types of products? Competition plays a key role in capitalist economies friend.

You can be more inclined to believe whatever you want. Your claim for monopoly is STUPIDITY at its finest. Theres a stark difference between lawsuits for patent violations and monopolies. Do you even know what a monopoly is?

And I will say use of the courts is an integral part of capitalism. Now if you wanted to argue patents themselves thats a legitimate debate. But it is ridiculous to consider what happened an attempt at a monopoly.

Wise man once said if you argue with an idiot you yourself become an idiot. Which is why i must stop arguing with you. Its like talking to a child.

I honestly burst out laughing when I read this' date=' oh the irony.

Who's the one acting like a child here? Do petty insults and rolling your eyes qualify as legitimate debate where you're from? You still haven't addressed the fact that Samsung did, in fact play a huge roll in the development of iPhone's OS. Just like anything else we discuss, you have to look deeper into the topic than what's on the surface. When you look past the frivolous lawsuit, you clearly see a partner in development practicing shady business tactics because they're brand was faltering in the face of its competition. If what you seem to think is true, Apple themselves could be sued for copyright infringement for their similarities to the DOS based pc. But the manufacturers of those products don't have to, because the quality of their product speaks for itself... Does Ford try to sue Chevy for making cars similar to theirs? Nope, they sure didn't. Do they both not produce the same types of products? Competition plays a key role in capitalist economies friend.

Spot on.

Who's the one acting like a child here? Do petty insults and rolling your eyes qualify as legitimate debate where you're from? You still haven't addressed the fact that Samsung did' date=' in fact play a huge roll in the development of iPhone's OS. Just like anything else we discuss, you have to look deeper into the topic than what's on the surface. When you look past the frivolous lawsuit, you clearly see a partner in development practicing shady business tactics because they're brand was faltering in the face of its competition. If what you seem to think is true, Apple themselves could be sued for copyright infringement for their similarities to the DOS based pc. But the manufacturers of those products don't have to, because the quality of their product speaks for itself... Does Ford try to sue Chevy for making cars similar to theirs? Nope, they sure didn't. Do they both not produce the same types of products? Competition plays a key role in capitalist economies friend.[/quote']

Straw Man Straw Man Straw Man

Explain Kevbo, how apple is creating a monopoly? Ill give you one more shot before I completely ignore you.

Your inability to address comments you make is embarrassing. This whole paragraph is ****ing loaded with stupid points. So ford didnt sue chevy because the quality of their product was good enough to where they didnt have to? So companies dont sue other companies based on the quality of their own product?

And dont answer any of those questions, they are all rhetorical to point out the stupidity that your point was. The only question you need to answer is HOW APPLE IS CREATING A MONOPOLY?

facepalm*

You lost all credibility at Naomi Klein. But thanks udda.

I guess you dont know what a monopoly is either then. But as I said I dont expect a Naomi Klein fan to understand much about economics.

Smh, as Ive said before its not about following or being a fan of anyone, its about following facts and truth whoever writes or exposes them. You've proven how biased and convienently ignorant you are time and time again.

Straw Man Straw Man Straw Man

Explain Kevbo' date=' how apple is creating a monopoly? Ill give you one more shot before I completely ignore you.

Your inability to address comments you make is embarrassing. This whole paragraph is ****ing loaded with stupid points. So ford didnt sue chevy because the quality of their product was good enough to where they didnt have to? So companies dont sue other companies based on the quality of their own product?

And dont answer any of those questions, they are all rhetorical to point out the stupidity that your point was. The only question you need to answer is HOW APPLE IS CREATING A MONOPOLY?

facepalm*[/quote']

Are you serious? I'm not sure you even know what that word means. In economics, a monopoly is when there are many buyers, but there is only one seller. This one seller can control the price of the good or service because he has no competition to compete with. Which is precisely what Apple is trying to do with its lawsuit... They claimed the rectangular shape of phones was their idea ffs. How do you copyright a shape? You are aware that Apple is currently the target of several consumer lawsuits and a counter suit from Samsung as well right? They have started an avalanche with this frivolous suit and they deserve everything that's coming their way. Go ahead and ignore me because its clear that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Just for some further clarification of the details you are conveniently omitting in your tempur tantrums...

Samsung (005930) will soon go from licking its wounds to licking its chops if Apple’s (AAPL) next iPhone utilizes LTE technology. The Korea Times reports that Samsung has “confirmed that it will immediately sue Apple if the latter releases products using advanced long-term evolution (LTE) mobile technology.” Although Apple has already released an LTE-capable device with the latest version of its iPad, Samsung is likely waiting for Apple to put out an LTE-capable iPhone before busting out its extensive LTE patent portfolio to seek injunctions. An analysis conducted by IP research firm iRunway earlier this year found that Samsung holds fully 10% of all LTE patents issued so far, meaning it could have ample firepower to take on Apple over its use of LTE in future smartphone releases.

Whoops, I guess they done goofed with their shady business practices. I sincerely hope the American youth that will eventually take over leadership of this country aren't as ignorant as you appear to be.

I don't see how Apple or anyone can consider themselves a monopoly. There's plenty of competition Apple gets from Microsoft products.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything - that doesn't mean they'll win based on the law.

Same thing with selling an item or service. Any person can charge ANYTHING for any item/service, but it's not very relevant toward what that product or service goes for until there's at least one buyer who would be willing to meet the price of the product/service.

I don't see how Apple or anyone can consider themselves a monopoly. There's plenty of competition Apple gets from Microsoft products.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything - that doesn't mean they'll win based on the law.

Same thing with selling an item or service. Any person can charge ANYTHING for any item/service' date=' but it's not very relevant toward what that product or service goes for until there's at least one buyer who would be willing to meet the price of the product/service.[/quote']

They're not currently a monopoly but now I see where the confusion is coming from. Apple is trying to monopolize the smartphone market, not all forms of media or the devices within. The tedious and frivolous patent song and dance is being done because they were losing out in the cellular device market. Which is HUGE money right now. I never claimed they WERE a monopoly, just that they are trying to monopolize that particular market, which I don't even know how or why anyone would argue that. It's plain as day.

They're not currently a monopoly but now I see where the confusion is coming from. Apple is trying to monopolize the smartphone market' date=' not all forms of media or the devices within. The tedious and frivolous patent song and dance is being done because they were losing out in the cellular device market. Which is HUGE money right now. I never claimed they WERE a monopoly, just that they are trying to monopolize that particular market, which I don't even know how or why anyone would argue that. It's plain as day.[/quote']

Ah, ok. I still have a normal cell phone only using text/calling and my wife is the one with the smart phone stuff for the internet/tweeting accessibility.

Ah' date=' ok. I still have a normal cell phone only using text/calling and my wife is the one with the smart phone stuff for the internet/tweeting accessibility.[/quote']

Tech geeks have been spouting anti-Apple sentiments for a long time now because they put inferior products out on the market and bully smaller competitors into backing out. It's only now coming to the regular Joe public eye just how shady they are as a business. It may not make much of a difference now, but I am willing to bet people will eventually get sick of their ****. That is if they don't sink themselves first getting sued by consumers and Samsung...

Archived