Sign in to follow this  
the_bear413

Last-minute predictions UFC: Fuel TV5

So I've been MIA for the last week or so absolutely killing real life. Got my CDL today and I've got a sick job lined up. Yeah, I'm gloating, do something about it :)

Anyway, I've recently discovered Sherdog Fantasy MMA. I've never been a big fan of fantasy anything, but my friends convinced me to fill a spot in their fantasy football league this year (currently 3-0 with $200 up for grabs. Yeah, I'm gloating again, DO SOMETHING), so I figured "GO BIG OR GO HOME" applied to the situation and thus, I joined Sherdog fantasy. Went 8-4 last week, which honestly was garbage due to the Brenneman and Dunham fights. Not sayin either of them should have won, obviously, but I expected more.

I digress.

(16%) Jason Young vs (84%) Robert Peralta

Young - UD

Well, 84% of the Sherdog community is retarded, who woulda thunk? Jason Young via UD. That's a mortal lock too. Take your kids' college funds and bet on Young here. You're welcome.

You see Young doesn't get T/KO'd, and he wins decisions. Peralta only T/KO's people, for the most part, and if Peralta doesn't T/KO people, he punches himself out and loses a decision. I don't know if I'm a genius for figuring that out or something, but I can't deny that it sounds like a logical pick.

(23%) DaMarques Johnson vs (77%) Gunnar Nelson

Nelson - Submission, 1st

So the story here is that Gunnar Nelson loves to sub people and DaMJo (that's a catchy nick name, I know) loves to be subbed. Pretty simple pick.

(24%) Tom Watson vs (76%) Brad Tavares

Tavares - Submission, 2nd

You gotta respect Tom Watson (whom I will now refer too as T-Wat, I kill myself.) The guy is just here for the fight. He's well-rounded, kinda, sorta. I just think Tavares is too young, fast, and determined for the W. **** will give it a good go though.

(79%) Andy Ogle vs (21%) Akira Corassani

Corassani - UD

I honestly can't remember why I made this pick, but I know it was for a good reason. Just trust me here.

(58%) Kyle Kingsbury vs (42%) Jimi Manuwa

Manuwa - T/KO, 1st

Kingsbury is just bad. I think he's fighting for his job here and needs a good-looking finish to keep it. Unfortunately Jimi's going to put him down.

Also, you heard it here first, Manuwa's gonna be a star in the UFC.

(67%) Che Mills vs (33%) Duane Ludwig

Ludwig - T/KO, 1st

No rhyme or reason for this pick, I just think Ludwig finishes it quick.

(90%) John Hathaway vs (10%) John Maguire)

Hathaway - UD

Maguire likes submissions, but Hathaway will probably just keep it standing. Hath either wins by TKO or UD. I picked UD simply because... well.... I dunno.

(74%) Paul Sass vs (26%) Matt Wiman

Wiman - UD

I'm predicting a lot of UDs on this card because there are a lot of lower-weight fights. I know some people are big on Paul Sass, but Wiman doesn't get submitted, has more experience, and likes long fights.

Trust me.

Pickett will sub Yves in the 2nd. Not gonna waste anymore time talking about that fight.

Hardy will UD Sadollah

Struve will sub Miocic in the 2nd

So I've been MIA for the last week or so absolutely killing real life. Got my CDL today and I've got a sick job lined up. Yeah' date=' I'm gloating, do something about it :)

Anyway, I've recently discovered Sherdog Fantasy MMA. I've never been a big fan of fantasy anything, but my friends convinced me to fill a spot in their fantasy football league this year (currently 3-0 with $200 up for grabs. Yeah, I'm gloating again, DO SOMETHING), so I figured "GO BIG OR GO HOME" applied to the situation and thus, I joined Sherdog fantasy. Went 8-4 last week, which honestly was garbage due to the Brenneman and Dunham fights. Not sayin either of them should have won, obviously, but I expected more.

I digress.

[u'](16%) Jason Young vs (84%) Robert Peralta[/u]

Young - UD

Well, 84% of the Sherdog community is retarded, who woulda thunk? Jason Young via UD. That's a mortal lock too. Take your kids' college funds and bet on Young here. You're welcome.

You see Young doesn't get T/KO'd, and he wins decisions. Peralta only T/KO's people, for the most part, and if Peralta doesn't T/KO people, he punches himself out and loses a decision. I don't know if I'm a genius for figuring that out or something, but I can't deny that it sounds like a logical pick.

(23%) DaMarques Johnson vs (77%) Gunnar Nelson

Nelson - Submission, 1st

So the story here is that Gunnar Nelson loves to sub people and DaMJo (that's a catchy nick name, I know) loves to be subbed. Pretty simple pick.

(24%) Tom Watson vs (76%) Brad Tavares

Tavares - Submission, 2nd

You gotta respect Tom Watson (whom I will now refer too as T-Wat, I kill myself.) The guy is just here for the fight. He's well-rounded, kinda, sorta. I just think Tavares is too young, fast, and determined for the W. **** will give it a good go though.

(79%) Andy Ogle vs (21%) Akira Corassani

Corassani - UD

I honestly can't remember why I made this pick, but I know it was for a good reason. Just trust me here.

(58%) Kyle Kingsbury vs (42%) Jimi Manuwa

Manuwa - T/KO, 1st

Kingsbury is just bad. I think he's fighting for his job here and needs a good-looking finish to keep it. Unfortunately Jimi's going to put him down.

Also, you heard it here first, Manuwa's gonna be a star in the UFC.

(67%) Che Mills vs (33%) Duane Ludwig

Ludwig - T/KO, 1st

No rhyme or reason for this pick, I just think Ludwig finishes it quick.

(90%) John Hathaway vs (10%) John Maguire)

Hathaway - UD

Maguire likes submissions, but Hathaway will probably just keep it standing. Hath either wins by TKO or UD. I picked UD simply because... well.... I dunno.

(74%) Paul Sass vs (26%) Matt Wiman

Wiman - UD

I'm predicting a lot of UDs on this card because there are a lot of lower-weight fights. I know some people are big on Paul Sass, but Wiman doesn't get submitted, has more experience, and likes long fights.

Trust me.

Pickett will sub Yves in the 2nd. Not gonna waste anymore time talking about that fight.

Hardy will UD Sadollah

Struve will sub Miocic in the 2nd

First off saying that Peralta punches himself out and loses a decision is stupid, he has only lost one decision five years ago. He is also the better striker and has a good all around game, I would not go and call Young a lock. This should be a back and forth fight and ultimately comes down to who executes their game plans.

Agree with Gunny.

If Watson loses it will look like Simpson Tavares, but Watson is well rounded. Think it could go either way. I think TOm has more experience and will likely take a split decision home.

Corassani tapped to Neace just saying.

Agree with Maunwa winning, dont know about star. he hasnt really fought great guys yet and is 32 years old. I hope he does well so there is another challenger for Jones or whomever is champ.

Mills will KO ludiwg. Bang's chin is fading and Mills has power. If Ludwig keep the distance with kicks he'll win, but likely not.

Hathaway via TKO, Maguire has been rocked in his first two fights in the Octogan and Hathaway will finish him because he is better than Johnson and Edwards and delivers beatings.

Don't know on this fight. We have not seen Sass strike, he does train with a good team of guys at Kaboon. I think if it stays on the feet Wiman wins and if it hits the mat whoever is better today will win.

Agree Pickett vs. Page 2 basically. He'll rock Yves and take his back.

Agree on the Outlaw taking a UD

Cant pick the main event to tough of a decision. Miocic doesnt have a great reach disadvantage. If Miocic wins it in the first and Sturve in the second. Just excited for this one. I picked Miocic in the first though.