Sign in to follow this  
ThePack19

Seriously...Dana White and UFC?!?

For the love of god Dana White.......stop letting fighters cherry pick and decline fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They signed up to be on your roster so you tell them who they are going to fight, otherwise tell them GTFO!!! Everyday I come on here someone is either ducking a fight or calling out a particular fighter. Or someone uses the "but he is my friend so we're not gonna fight" BS!!! If you paid me I will beat my own brother to near death, we will get over it and move on! You are fighters gosh dammit!!!! Just FIGHT!!! :mad:

For the love of god Dana White.......stop letting fighters cherry pick and decline fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They signed up to be on your roster so you tell them who they are going to fight' date=' otherwise tell them GTFO!!! Everyday I come on here someone is either ducking a fight or calling out a particular fighter. Or someone uses the "but he is my friend so we're not gonna fight" BS!!! If you paid me I will beat my own brother to near death, we will get over it and move on! You are fighters gosh dammit!!!! Just FIGHT!!! :mad:[/quote']

Slavery

For the love of god Dana White.......stop letting fighters cherry pick and decline fights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They signed up to be on your roster so you tell them who they are going to fight' date=' otherwise tell them GTFO!!! Everyday I come on here someone is either ducking a fight or calling out a particular fighter. Or someone uses the "but he is my friend so we're not gonna fight" BS!!! If you paid me I will beat my own brother to near death, we will get over it and move on! You are fighters gosh dammit!!!! Just FIGHT!!! :mad:[/quote']

I know what you mean but there are other factors which are never talked about that may cause a fight to be cancelled.. these guys have lives/families ect, they aren't robots ..

I am pretty sure he can't make them. I'm not sure how the contract is set up, but Dana has mentioned in a Scrum before that "They can't legally force a fighter to fight". The contract probably says that they can't be fired until a certain amount of fights, and in return they are required to fight a certain number of times each year if possible.

I could also be way wrong. Just kinda guessing.

I love that Anderson is allowed to cherrypick and duck Weidman. He tried to avoid the Sonnen rematch too.

True that.. would be nice if the rules were , take the fight that Joe silva offers ... or don't fight under the zuffa banner.. easy as that

Agreed, the more fighters get to hand pick opponents the more MMA becomes like boxing. Some fighters should even be forced into catch weight fights if they dominate long enough.

The only problem is we can't trust UFC matchmaking, it is atrocious when fighters like Chael get title shots purely off of Twitter trash talk. Do we want WWE gimmicks or an actual sport? Mine as well get James Toney back in here fighting every couple months. Why wait for the Kevin James movie, lets just throw him in the HW division, people would watch it so why not right?

Agreed' date=' the more fighters get to hand pick opponents the more MMA becomes like boxing. Some fighters should even be forced into catch weight fights if they dominate long enough.

The only problem is we can't trust UFC matchmaking, it is atrocious when fighters like Chael get title shots purely off of Twitter trash talk. Do we want WWE gimmicks or an actual sport? Mine as well get James Toney back in here fighting every couple months. [b']Why wait for the Kevin James movie, lets just throw him in the HW division, people would watch it so why not right?[/b]

Great idea, let's hope he's up for it.

I love that Anderson is allowed to cherrypick and duck Weidman. He tried to avoid the Sonnen rematch too.

No he didnt.

He signed up for the rematch after the first fight. Chael got caught.

Anderson is fighting Bonnar to duck Weidman right? LOLOL

kids these days

I know what you mean, but for certain situations like the Glover one, I don't think people should be forced to step up on short notice for such a big fight with serious implications on the division.

I'm not sure how the fight making process goes down, but I'd hope that most fighters just accept the fights they are offered by Joe Silva, if not, it's a bit ironic that these MMA fighters are so hesitant to fight, lol.

That's how it goes though.

When your a fighter they don't tell you who to fight, they just offer you a fight and you either decline or accept.

The UFC pays you every time you fight, not by annual salary so if your not fighting-your not making bank.

However if your champion, it's kind of your obligation to accept all challengers-unless you have defended the title for a long period of time, that's when you have the stroke to pick who you want to fight next to make the $$$

True that.. would be nice if the rules were ' date=' take the fight that Joe silva offers ... or don't fight under the zuffa banner.. easy as that[/quote']

Lol then u know **** about contracts and running a business

Ok let's say that is the rule now and Joe told anderson to fight Weidman and he said no...Jon Jones is told to move to HW...GSP is told to move to MW but they all say no...then what...u cut them?

If that was tje way it was bellator would be the number1 promo in 3 years at most

I know what you mean but there are other factors which are never talked about that may cause a fight to be cancelled.. these guys have lives/families ect' date=' they aren't robots ..[/quote']

But we know what they are....the fighter doesn't even say..."Well I am taking the family to Paris that week so I ain't accepting that fight." The fighters pretty much tweet or make it clear why they ain't fighting. A lot of "He is my friend" BS goes around too. It just ticks me off and I am venting. I guess the whole Evans vs Glover ducking sent me over the edge.:mad:

But we know what they are....the fighter doesn't even say..."Well I am taking the family to Paris that week so I ain't accepting that fight." The fighters pretty much tweet or make it clear why they ain't fighting. A lot of "He is my friend" BS goes around too. It just ticks me off and I am venting. I guess the whole Evans vs Glover ducking sent me over the edge.:mad:

Do you think the Klitschko brothers should be forced to fight each other?

I agree only to the point that ,he should not toss any garbage at us and pretend it is a fixed card.

Attempting to toss the FIRST guy he could think of ,a LOSING 185'r and figuring it was a legit 205 TITLE fight,is utter nonsense.

When a fight is a fail,well putting a CAN like Hendo there in the first place was a fail but none the less,you go down the pecking order of 205 fighters,you don't pick from 185 losers.

Now the more i think about it,the fighters have more common sense than White does,so maybe i don't agree at all.

Silva the BEST 185'r gets offered Bonnar

Sonnen the not so best 185'r got offered JONES,where the hell is the common sense in that?

Once again,to think a Silva-Bonnar fight is a worthy match up is worse than nonsense,it is retarded,White seriously is the SOLE reason the UFC is going downhill,he is so full of himself and loves kissing Fertita *** that he will never admit when he is wrong or the UFC was wrong.

I think the only time he mentioned the UFC made a mistake was the Florida card,but then again pretty hard to lie or feed us his crap on that obvious fail.

Florida=fail

Calgary=fans booed his so called great card

Then his so called great FW title match got booed,but he said the fans are not fans of mma if they didn't like that crap.

I think it is quite obvious at this point,that we DON'T want Dana having anything to do with match ups,he is ONLY president because he works for his buddies otherwise he was long gone.

What will it take to make MMA real again?TOURNEYS for the belt 2 times a year?Maybe 3 times a year?No for sure match ups just get your opponent the night of the tourney.That would put the excitement back into the sissy ness of late.:D

I guess that this is something that is really common in the fight business, and has been for years.

Even in boxing, lots of the "greats" dodged other fighters for years. Kind of see that happening with Mayweather / Pacquio as we speak.

In the UFC, I'm pretty sure that Dana White protected Tito Ortiz from Chuck Liddell for years. Tito kept saying that Chuck didn't want to fight him because they were friends, and finally Chuck went on the air to say that was BS, and the fight finally happened after Chuck had been calling him out for like 4 years.

Even with that being that, Chuck Liddell was a fighter whose stardom came from hand-picked fights too.

I agree only to the point that ' date='he should not toss any garbage at us and pretend it is a fixed card.

Attempting to toss the FIRST guy he could think of ,a LOSING 185'r and figuring it was a legit 205 TITLE fight,is utter nonsense.

When a fight is a fail,well putting a CAN like Hendo there in the first place was a fail but none the less,you go down the pecking order of 205 fighters,you don't pick from 185 losers.

Now the more i think about it,the fighters have more common sense than White does,so maybe i don't agree at all.

Silva the BEST 185'r gets offered Bonnar

Sonnen the not so best 185'r got offered JONES,where the hell is the common sense in that?

Once again,to think a Silva-Bonnar fight is a worthy match up is worse than nonsense,it is retarded,White seriously is the SOLE reason the UFC is going downhill,he is so full of himself and loves kissing Fertita *** that he will never admit when he is wrong or the UFC was wrong.

I think the only time he mentioned the UFC made a mistake was the Florida card,but then again pretty hard to lie or feed us his crap on that obvious fail.

Florida=fail

Calgary=fans booed his so called great card

Then his so called great FW title match got booed,but he said the fans are not fans of mma if they didn't like that crap.

I think it is quite obvious at this point,that we DON'T want Dana having anything to do with match ups,he is ONLY president because he works for his buddies otherwise he was long gone.[/quote']

For someone who claims to hate Dana as much as you do you never shut the **** up going on about him..even though he is a **** at times.

Okay' date=' this is played out. Please stop.[/quote']

wtf?

The original post was ridiculous what was I supposed to do? Make a well thought out reply?

No he didnt.

He signed up for the rematch after the first fight. Chael got caught.

Anderson is fighting Bonnar to duck Weidman right? LOLOL

kids these days

Yes, he did.

alt accounts these days

SOOOOOO...You want to see a union formed by the fighters???, because that's exactly whats going to happen if Zuffa starts pushing their weight around and forcing people to fight while totally disregarding their contract agreement, personal beliefs or health concerns (either that or their won't be a Zuffa after too long). How a company treats it's employees can either make or break a company a Iot of times. I think you need to calm down. You're being more selfish than Dana right now and that's pretty hard. Essentially Zuffa is a partnership between the owners and fighters. You can't have one constantly brow beating the other to force their hand. The business would never survive. If you knew anything about business I feel you wouldn't have made this thread, but i bet you were the first to jump all over Jones when he turned down the fight with Sonnen not realizing Jones turning down that fight was the best thing that happened to us as fans. It forced Zuffa to never again drop a PPV in our laps with just one marquee fight on the roster and a whole bunch of mediocre fights underneath it. Idiots that rail on Jones to this day still don't get it.

SOOOOOO...You want to see a union formed by the fighters???' date=' because that's exactly whats going to happen if Zuffa starts pushing their weight around and forcing people to fight while totally disregarding their contract agreement, personal beliefs or health concerns (either that or their won't be a Zuffa after too long). How a company treats it's employees can either make or break a company a Iot of times. I think you need to calm down. You're being more selfish than Dana right now and that's pretty hard. Essentially Zuffa is a partnership between the owners and fighters. You can't have one constantly brow beating the other to force their hand. The business would never survive. If you knew anything about business I feel you wouldn't have made this thread, but i bet you were the first to jump all over Jones when he turned down the fight with Sonnen not realizing Jones turning down that fight was the best thing that happened to us as fans. It forced Zuffa to never again drop a PPV in our laps with just one marquee fight on the roster and a whole bunch of mediocre fights underneath it. Idiots that rail on Jones to this day still don't get it.[/quote']

LOL.....First I was angry so I said some things, sue me. Fights that make SENSE (not Sonnen vs Jones BS) are being ducked or avoided is what i was trying to get at. I ain't got all day to type out all the details and be more specific, beside's most forum members only read the first two sentences and then the last sentence.

Tweet him you idiot!

You think he reads this ****?? If you were a smart MMA fan' date=' you'd tweet him and get a response like me.:)[/quote']

LOL.....I read somewhere that it does happen. On a bored rainy day he might take a gander at the forum just to see what the "fans" are crying about this time. Never know.

Tweet him you idiot!

You think he reads this ****?? If you were a smart MMA fan' date=' you'd tweet him and get a response like me.:)[/quote']

I agree dude..he is actually pretty accessible and responds to things on his twitter all the time

I have listened to tons of his interviews and never once heard him say a word about the UFC forums

SOOOOOO...You want to see a union formed by the fighters???' date=' because that's exactly whats going to happen if Zuffa starts pushing their weight around and forcing people to fight while totally disregarding their contract agreement, personal beliefs or health concerns (either that or their won't be a Zuffa after too long). How a company treats it's employees can either make or break a company a Iot of times. I think you need to calm down. You're being more selfish than Dana right now and that's pretty hard. Essentially Zuffa is a partnership between the owners and fighters. You can't have one constantly brow beating the other to force their hand. The business would never survive. If you knew anything about business I feel you wouldn't have made this thread, but i bet you were the first to jump all over Jones when he turned down the fight with Sonnen not realizing Jones turning down that fight was the best thing that happened to us as fans. It forced Zuffa to never again drop a PPV in our laps with just one marquee fight on the roster and a whole bunch of mediocre fights underneath it. Idiots that rail on Jones to this day still don't get it.[/quote']

It really doesn't matter how Zuffa treats the fighters, because fighters, more then any other athletes, are a disposable commodity, and are regularly being replaced by younger fighters. Even the fighters who built legacies as all time greats, like Fedor, Liddell, Wandy, and Penn, are easily replaced as soon as they start to decline.

It really doesn't matter how Zuffa treats the fighters' date=' because fighters, more then any other athletes, are a disposable commodity, and are regularly being replaced by younger fighters. Even the fighters who built legacies as all time greats, like Fedor, Liddell, Wandy, and Penn, are easily replaced as soon as they start to decline.[/quote']

You're assuming that there won't be other promotions that rise up who are able to compete for the services of these fighters (i.e. Bellator). Sure none have lasted any amount of time to be truly competitive, but there is always the possibility. Zuffa wants to make sure that even if these fighters have options that they remain their first choice. I would like to see the UFC monopolize the industry just like the NBA, NFL, and MLB, but if they don't then they better make it hard for the top tier fighters to walk away from them and enticing enough for the future great prospects to want to sign with them.

Amen brotha! nuff said:cool:

I don't blame the fighters. They are looking out for "their brand." You're right though. Dana and the UFC have let this get way out of control.