Walter Block Speech

SVTContour98

Part 1 (starts around the 3 minute mark):

Part 2 (he finished up minimum wage talk and moves to Q&A):

He goes over a few different libertarian beliefs....very interesting when he begins to talk about slavery/blacks/welfare/poverty which is in part 1....he goes into the minimum wage law in pretty good detail....Q&A he discusses labor unions, his abortion stance,

My two main issues with hardline libertarianism are:

- application of the non aggression principle: who gets to decide when force has been initiated, whos definition of force do we go by? This also raises many concerns in matters of foreign policy.

- a lassez faire approach is impractical if not impossible to implement in modern society

- application of the non aggression principle: who gets to decide when force has been initiated' date=' whos definition of force do we go by? This also raises many concerns in matters of foreign policy.

- a lassez faire approach is impractical if not impossible to implement in modern society[/quote']

Read a few books i suppose.

What'd you think of the video?

Whats with the snide' date=' unprovoked personal attacks? The purpose of a forum is to discuss ideas - not parrot & deflect.

I understand you might be hesitant to engage in a broader analysis of libertarian policies, but if you are so reluctant to discuss such matters its probably not wise to post a video such as this.[/quote']

What i posted was in no way a personal attack or a snide remark...i'm sorry you took it that way....I have no time to delve into these topics, which is why I suggested you read a few books on libertarianism, since there are things you self-admittedly do not understand about libertarianism. Besides, you will learn more reading it for yourself and from the experts than reading a condensed version written by me.

Since when does a person have to be willing to discuss every topic they create a thread about? I'm more interested in what others think of the video, not in answering questions someone has about libertarian philosophy.

I'll ask a second time, What'd you think of the video?

What i posted was in no way a personal attack or a snide remark...i'm sorry you took it that way....I have no time to delve into these topics' date=' which is why I suggested you read a few books on libertarianism, since there are things you self-admittedly do not understand about libertarianism.[/b'] Besides, you will learn more reading it for yourself and from the experts than reading a condensed version written by me.

Since when does a person have to be willing to discuss every topic they create a thread about? I'm more interested in what others think of the video, not in answering questions someone has about libertarian philosophy.

I'll ask a second time, What'd you think of the video?

Suggesting I read a few books does indeed come off as snide & as a personal insult.

Second, why is it you have time to discuss the video, but not the questions I asked?

And lastly, I didnt say I dont understand libertarianism - what I said was I take issue with certain facets of it.

And I'll answer a 2nd time - the video pertains to the policy approach of libertarianism, and as such I asserted my concerns accordingly.

Suggesting I read a few books does indeed come off as snide & as a personal insult.

I understand it "comes off that way"' date=' so let me say again, exactly what I said before in the hopes that you clearly understand what i'm saying: What i posted was in no way a personal attack or a snide remark...i'm sorry you took it that way.

Second, why is it you have time to discuss the video, but not the questions I asked?

Let me say again, exactly what I said before in the hopes that you clearly understand what I'm saying: I'm more interested in what others think of the video

And lastly' date=' I didnt say I dont understand libertarianism - what I said was I take issue with certain facets of it.[/quote']

Let me quote you where you obviously do not understand a principle of libertarianism: "application of the non aggression principle: who gets to decide when force has been initiated, whos definition of force do we go by?" If you are unable to answer your own questions about NAP, then read a few books from the experts that make clear, concise, and easy to understand statements on NAP.

And I'll answer a 2nd time - the video pertains to the policy approach of libertarianism' date=' and as such I asserted my concerns accordingly.[/quote']

smh, you are the worst...that is all.

Let me say again' date=' exactly what I said before in the hopes that you clearly understand what I'm saying: I'm more interested in what others think of the video

[b'] So you go from asking me about the video to now claiming you are asking what others think? Thats a slick, albiet failed, attempt to redirect.[/b]

Let me quote you where you obviously do not understand a principle of libertarianism: "application of the non aggression principle: who gets to decide when force has been initiated, whos definition of force do we go by?" If you are unable to answer your own questions about NAP, then read a few books from the experts that make clear, concise, and easy to understand statements on NAP.

Me asking you that question is not my way of asking for "help" - its a method of making an assertion that asserted theory doesnt add up, and thus I am presenting you with a presumed faulty premise. This is simple debate "101"....

smh, you are the worst...that is all

So NOW were at the personal attacks...lol

Sorry if I took the wind out of your sail - but please refrain from faulting me for exposing your reluctance to account for your espoused policies.

Sad thing is, were likely more similar than we are different, yet for some odd reason you seem to take a couple simple questions as being challenged or even dismissed.

Oh look! Yet another thread DL4 got overly sensitive in and resorted back to sociopathic posting patterns. Why am I not surprised?

What ever happened to turning the other cheek? In no way, shape or form is somebody suggesting you should read about a topic snide. SVT was more than likely suggesting you would get far more in depth analysis by reading a book written by an expert on the topic rather than bicker back and forth pointlessly ad nauseam...

Oh look! Yet another thread DL4 got overly sensitive in and resorted back to sociopathic posting patterns. Why am I not surprised?

What ever happened to turning the other cheek? In no way' date=' shape or form is somebody suggesting you should read about a topic snide. SVT was more than likely suggesting you would get far more in depth analysis by reading a book written by an expert on the topic rather than bicker back and forth pointlessly ad nauseam...[/quote']

Do you ever do anything other than stirring dissent & strife?? Your perhaps the most negative and mean spirited person I have ever encountered online, and if we had ever met in person - youd have a really bad day....

I wrote up a big post in response to DL but decided to delete it' date=' it's completely pointless to respond to him...it's perplexing how anyone can act/respond to such clear statements the way he does. :confused:[/quote']

What you mean to say is I called you out and you had no idea how to effectively backpeddle out of it as it was clear you misunderstood what I said. So, instead of stating you didnt realize what I meant, you opted to misrepresent my position, and then complain and try to paint me as "the bad guy", when clearly you didnt wtf you were talking about to begin with.

Wouldnt your time be better spent consuming large quantities of pills & alcohol? You know' date=' in between pretending to be "on call for the SAS" LOLZ[/quote']

again, why so angry all the time and the personal attacks? what do you get out of it?

Archived