Bloomberg Report: Romney's tax plan is mathematically impossible

Kevbo_Jones

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-12/the-final-word-on-mitt-romney-s-tax-plan.html

There you have it. Of the 6 studies Ryan mentioned' date=' none of them actually debunked the TPC's research on Romney's plan. Yet another lie from the 2 snake oil salesmen on the Republican ticket.

Inb4Obamalovingliberalmedianonsense[/quote']

this would only be news worthy if Bloomberg agreed with the Romney/ Ryan plan,

... but then their viewership would drop by 90% -

why would you cite a notoriously liberal media organization to support a

liberal view-point ?

this would only be news worthy if Bloomberg agreed with the Romney/ Ryan plan' date='

... but then their viewership would drop by 90% -

why would you cite a notoriously liberal media organization to support a

liberal view-point ?[/quote']

Like clockwork. Rebut the inconsistencies rather than blame the evil liberal media. Romney's plan is a gamble with tax payer dollars.

Like clockwork. Rebut the inconsistencies rather than blame the evil liberal media. Romney's plan is a gamble with tax payer dollars.

the odds of Bloomberg supporting any of Romney's positions would be astronomical,

... you're preaching to the choir when you post biased media opinions -

I don't know if you've noticed, but when I post quotes to bolster Romney, I bust my

butt to find liberal media outlets just to avoid the source-bashing that insues -

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-12/the-final-word-on-mitt-romney-s-tax-plan.html

There you have it. Of the 6 studies Ryan mentioned' date=' none of them actually debunked the TPC's research on Romney's plan. Yet another lie from the 2 snake oil salesmen on the Republican ticket.

His tax plan is mathematically impossible and hes still a better candidate than Obama. Crazyness I tell ya

... here's is my rebuttal, & I will use the same liberal source & writer, Bloomberg & Barro -

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-10/mitt-romney-s-campaign-responds-to-josh-barro.html

The Mitt Romney campaign submitted this letter to the editor in response to my Ticker post today "The Real Reason Romney?s Tax Math Doesn't Add Up."

Josh Barro claims to be able to show what the Obama campaign has struggled to prove -- namely, that Governor Mitt Romney?s tax plan doesn?t add up. Barro rests his case on the Internal Revenue Service Statistics of Income report for 2009, claiming to apply Governor Romney?s plan to those statistics and coming to the conclusion that his plan, as currently constituted, cannot work.

There?s just one problem; Barro isn?t the first person to analyze Governor Romney?s tax plan using IRS data from 2009. In fact, Harvey Rosen, the John L. Weinberg Professor of economics and business policy at Princeton University and a public finance expert, also based his analysis on the same data but came to the opposite conclusion. Governor Romney?s tax plan works and the math adds up.

In fact, no fewer than six independent studies have confirmed the soundness of the Governor?s tax plan. Rather than wasting time trying to discredit the proposals of the Republican nominee, perhaps Mr. Barro and other journalists should investigate President Obama?s tax reform package. Or, more accurately, his lack of one.

Jonathan Burks

Deputy Policy Director

Romney for President

I'll respond to this tomorrow.

(Josh Barro is lead writer for the Ticker. E-mail him and follow him on Twitter.)

is it hugely impossible or just a little bit off?

I'd say it hugely impossible because it banks on the fact that when instituted, there will be a massive spike in economic growth and spending. Without ever explaining how this spike is going to happen, the plan falls short and will either tax the **** out of the middle class or explode the deficit. To break it down into simpler, internet terms...

1. Cut taxes 20% across the board

2. ???

3. Profit

I'd say it hugely impossible because it banks on the fact that when instituted' date=' there will be a massive spike in economic growth and spending. Without ever explaining how this spike is going to happen, the plan falls short and will either tax the **** out of the middle class or explode the deficit. To break it down into simpler, internet terms...

2. ???

3. Profit[/quote']

Doesnt add up and when asked what cuts can offset they don't know and say it will fall together later. Thats not a plan, thats the hope a plan will come together later.

Doesnt add up and when asked what cuts can offset they don't know and say it will fall together later. Thats not a plan' date=' thats the hope a plan will come together later.[/quote']

If it ends up being anything like this...

mass3.gif

I would venture to say its less than ideal.

Source: Bureau of Labor and Statistics

I'd say it hugely impossible because it banks on the fact that when instituted' date=' there will be a massive spike in economic growth and spending. Without ever explaining how this spike is going to happen, the plan falls short and will either tax the **** out of the middle class or explode the deficit. To break it down into simpler, internet terms...

2. ???

3. Profit[/quote']

Works for the underpants gnomes

all media is **** liberal media will lie and cover up 90% of the crap obama does and attack the right and the right does the same and attacks the left...

anyway the only reason Obama won the first time is cause hes black and that will play a big part this time as well

all media is **** liberal media will lie and cover up 90% of the crap obama does and attack the right and the right does the same and attacks the left...

anyway the only reason Obama won the first time is cause hes black and that will play a big part this time as well

He won because he's black AND he ran against McCain- Palin!

This sounds like it came straight off a Fox News talk show. Please tell me this was tongue in cheek.

I'm starting to see Romney could actually win, providing he doesnt severely screw up during the last two debates. The way he trounced Obama in teh first not only gave the masses the confidence to accept him as a president, but it also gave many undecided and moderates to see him for the genuine person he is - and not the caricature the media & team obama had spent so much effort in making him out to be.

I find it laughable when all the idiots are screaming bloody murder that he lied, when in reality all that happened was they created a lied about who he was, and as such, when he showed up - he burned that strawman down in 90 minutes - and the masses took notice of what an empty suit obama really is when he doesnt have his lackeys there to cover for him and make him look good.

It will be fun to see him be both the first black president and the first single term black president.Him and moochelle will no longer enjoy living the high life on the tax payer dime while the masses suffer from his policies.

I'm starting to see Romney could actually win' date=' providing he doesnt severely screw up during the last two debates. The way he trounced Obama in teh first not only gave the masses the confidence to accept him as a president, but it also gave many undecided and moderates to see him for the genuine person he is - and not the caricature the media & team obama had spent so much effort in making him out to be.

I find it laughable when all the idiots are screaming bloody murder that he lied, when in reality all that happened was they created a lied about who he was, and as such, when he showed up - he burned that strawman down in 90 minutes - and the masses took notice of what an empty suit obama really is when he doesnt have his lackeys there to cover for him and make him look good.

It will be fun to see him be both the first black president and the first single term black president.Him and moochelle will no longer enjoy living the high life on the tax payer dime while the masses suffer from his policies.[/quote']

Presidents draw a paycheck for life off of taxpayer dollars. Please dont call other people idiots when you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah, thats a huge advantage. :rolleyes: I don't think you are taking into consideration all of the racist people we have in this country. There was a survey that asked if there was anybody they knew that were not voting for Obama because hes black and 26 % replied yes. Thats a pretty big percentage.

http://gawker.com/5950676/esquire-and-yahoo-ask-the-tough-questions-in-new-presidential-poll

Yeah' date=' thats a huge advantage. :rolleyes: I don't think you are taking into consideration all of the racist people we have in this country. There was a survey that asked if there was anybody they knew that were not voting for Obama because hes black and 26 % replied yes. Thats a pretty big percentage.

http://gawker.com/5950676/esquire-and-yahoo-ask-the-tough-questions-in-new-presidential-poll[/quote']

oh yeah cause every single person votes on those things right :rolleyes: As for racist people there are far less then your trying to make it out to be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfA2b9YSag

i can post a 100 more videos about clueless obama voters that have no idea what there talking about. I myself have dealt with people like this in my HS when he was first voted in

You didn't even read the link' date=' did you Zerker? Be honest because if you had, you wouldn't have posted your last post. The link you posted came out BEFORE the link I posted and Barro thoroughly breaks down your little "nuh uh, it does work" 2 paragraph denial by the Romney campaign.[/quote']

I read the 6 points & comments, its not that much of a read .. 2 minutes maybe,

then I researched organizations that agree & disagree -

... & what does the sequence have to do w/ it ?

Yeah' date=' thats a huge advantage. :rolleyes: I don't think you are taking into consideration all of the racist people we have in this country. There was a survey that asked if there was anybody they knew that were not voting for Obama because hes black and 26 % replied yes. Thats a pretty big percentage.

http://gawker.com/5950676/esquire-and-yahoo-ask-the-tough-questions-in-new-presidential-poll[/quote']

LOL. half of that 26% are racist blacks who say all sorts of racist nasty **** about white people.

where was the gawker poll about voting for obama because he Is black?

Then why did you post the denial statement the article was written about?

Well' date=' if I didn't post Burk's summation, people here might not be aware of the points

I high-lighted below >

The Mitt Romney campaign submitted this letter to the editor in response to my Ticker post today "The Real Reason Romney?s Tax Math Doesn't Add Up."

Josh Barro claims to be able to show what the Obama campaign has struggled to prove -- namely, that Governor Mitt Romney?s tax plan doesn?t add up. [b']Barro rests his case on [/b]the Internal Revenue Service Statistics of Income report for 2009, claiming to apply Governor Romney?s plan to those statistics and coming to the conclusion that his plan, as currently constituted, cannot work.

There?s just one problem; Barro isn?t the first person to analyze Governor Romney?s tax plan using IRS data from 2009. In fact, Harvey Rosen, the John L. Weinberg Professor of economics and business policy at Princeton University and a public finance expert, also based his analysis on the same data but came to the opposite conclusion. Governor Romney?s tax plan works and the math adds up.

In fact, no fewer than six independent studies have confirmed the soundness of the Governor?s tax plan. Rather than wasting time trying to discredit the proposals of the Republican nominee, perhaps Mr. Barro and other journalists should investigate President Obama?s tax reform package. Or, more accurately, his lack of one.

Lol. I goes both ways, dude. I'd say about 70% who vote for Obama do it because he's black.

Well' date=' if I didn't post Burk's summation, people here might not be aware of the points

I high-lighted below >

Josh Barro claims to be able to show what the Obama campaign has struggled to prove -- namely, that Governor Mitt Romney?s tax plan doesn?t add up. [b']Barro rests his case on [/b]the Internal Revenue Service Statistics of Income report for 2009, claiming to apply Governor Romney?s plan to those statistics and coming to the conclusion that his plan, as currently constituted, cannot work.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/mitt-romney/

? Romney said six tax studies look at a study that Obama described and "say it's completely wrong." Previously, Romney has claimed that five studies back his tax plan. We found that Mostly False. We saw no more than two independent studies out of the five claimed.

Evil liberal media again?

Archived