who are your top 5 GOATs

Sisti

please no arguing or calling each everyone a retard for having someone you don't...just a fun thread

who would you put as your top 5 GOATs

I have...

Fedor (10 year unbeaten streak...consistently beat guys who outweighed him by 30-60 pounds)

Anderson (7 year unbeaten streak...finishes fights in dynamic fashion)

GSP (got better and better when he originally won the belt...has wins over a lot of huge names in his career)

Jones (accomplished more by 25 than any other fighter)

Hendo (so many great wins and held 2 belts at the end of PRIDE)

please no arguing or calling each everyone a retard for having someone you don't...just a fun thread

I have...

Fedor (10 year unbeaten streak...consistently beat guys who outweighed him by 30-60 pounds)

GSP (got better and better when he originally won the belt...has wins over a lot of huge names in his career)

Looks good to me. I kinda want to find a place to put Couture in and even Bas Rutten. I think they would definitely be in the top 10 though. Jones is my fav fighter, but I don't know if you can put him in the top 5 GOAT's yet, because he just got started. If he retired now, I don't think he would make the list. I'm sure he will be number 1 by the time he's done though.

Looks good to me. I kinda want to find a place to put Couture in and even Bas Rutten. I think they would definitely be in the top 10 though. Jones is my fav fighter' date=' but I don't know if you can put him in the top 5 GOAT's yet, because he just got started. If he retired now, I don't think he would make the list. I'm sure he will be number 1 by the time he's done though.[/quote']

you are probably right about jones...but then again i'm not sure that he wouldn't be there if he retired now...if you look at the fact that he's never been beaten (legit) and he has wins over (we all know who by now...don't need to name them again) it is comparable to anyone else

however, he is on the cusp of the list, so I wouldn't mind saying Couture could get the spot instead of him

I have...

GSP did not get better when he originally won the belt. He got worse.

how can anyone put hendo over hughes? or wandy? or even shogun who really beat him.

Well he beat the original GOAT in Fedor. He destroyed and ended Wandys long title reign. He was the only guy who hold belts in two different weight classes at the same time. Plus he got the Strikeforce LHW championship.

I also feel he didnt really win against Shogun but Hendos acomplishmets are enormeous nontheless.

Anderson - obvious choice

Fedor - obvious choice

GSP - obvious choice

Couture - 2 belts in different divisions, wins against top competition and an amazing career with great comebacks

Royce - just for what he did for the sport and the aura of invincibility he had for all his first fights against much bigger men...

Honorable mention: Jon Jones, because he'll be there eventually...

Fedor - obvious choice

GSP - obvious choice

Couture - 2 belts in different divisions' date=' wins against top competition and an amazing career with great comebacks

Royce - just for what he did for the sport and the aura of invincibility he had for all his first fights against much bigger men...

Honorable mention: Jon Jones, because he'll be there eventually...[/quote']

I like this list

Fedor - obvious choice

GSP - obvious choice

Couture - 2 belts in different divisions' date=' wins against top competition and an amazing career with great comebacks

Honorable mention: Jon Jones, because he'll be there eventually...[/quote']

Yeah, that's a well thought out and put together list. Jones will take a top 3 spot in short order if he keeps it up. But leaving Anderson Silva out of the list certainly discredits it. Silva is over GSP in the GOAT standings.

GSP > Penn

Twice

Hendo is good and definetly up there with Shogun' date=' Chuck, Hughes, etc.

All of those could be number 5 IMO

The top 4 are pretty clear[/quote']

GSP and penn are 1-0-1, Penn having the one win

Plus MMA math does not work, Penn is a ****ing LW and he smashes Georges nose and Hughes the best WWs

Anyone can dominate a division if they are the biggest (Jones, Anderson, GSP, Lesnar for a bit)

I'm not saying Hendo is bad' date=' he's definetly top 10 and arguably top 5, but it's insane that a guy who is 0-2 in UFC title shots is suddenly better than Jon mother****ing Jones[/quote']

Just because you defend the belft 4 times doesn't make you a top 5 GOAT. Otherwise Tito is the GOAT for defending it 5 times.

And GSP and Shogun do not belong in the top 5. If you tap to strikes you can't be considered a true fighter.

Archived