Interesting Question(s) Regarding MW

The middleweight division only had 4 champions prior to Anderson Silva. Dave Mene, Murilo Bustamonte, Evan Tanner, and lastly Rich Franklin.

What if, Anderson had not come to the UFC? Would all of Anderson's opponents (the 13 title defenses he won) have been champions at one point or another? Would Rich Franklin have gone undefeated? Would Hendo have beaten Rich and still be champion to this day?

Would other fighters have come to MW, knowing there wasn't a beast like Anderson to be afraid of?

And lastly, what if Anserson had come to the UFC later in life, would he of been like Jon Jones, and beat all the other former champs one after another? They most likely would have been the guys he already beat/embarrassed, so we can safely assume he would have thrashed all previous MW title holders. Would people look at Silva's Legacy differently, if most of his opponents had been prior champs?

The middleweight division only had 4 champions prior to Anderson Silva. Dave Mene' date=' Murilo Bustamonte, Evan Tanner, and lastly Rich Franklin.

What if, Anderson had not come to the UFC? Would all of Anderson's opponents (the 13 title defenses he won) have been champions at one point or another? Would Rich Franklin have gone undefeated? Would Hendo have beaten Rich and still be champion to this day?

Would other fighters have come to MW, knowing there wasn't a beast like Anderson to be afraid of?

And lastly, what if Anserson had come to the UFC later in life, would he of been like Jon Jones, and beat all the other former champs one after another? They most likely would have been the guys he already beat/embarrassed, so we can safely assume he would have thrashed all previous MW title holders. Would people look at Silva's Legacy differently, if most of his opponents had been prior champs?[/quote']

No way to say for sure, of course. But, it'd probably be a lot longer list of MW champions if Anderson Silva had not been around. People might not have known who Silva is if he hadn't come to the UFC.

I'm sure Nate would have got the strap from rich and then Hendo would have taken it from him

Everyone else would have been close but would not gave beaten Hendo...Sonnen I doubt would have fought Hendo if he had the belt and even if he did he would have lost

Then you got vitor who would be close aswell

Top 3 guys would have been

Nate

Hendo

Vitor

All gunning for the belt....they would have been the Lyoto,Shogun,Evan of the LHW waiting for the Jon Jones to come in A.Silva

I'm sure Nate would have got the strap from rich and then Hendo would have taken it from him

Everyone else would have been close but would not gave beaten Hendo...Sonnen I doubt would have fought Hendo if he had the belt and even if he did he would have lost

Then you got vitor who would be close aswell

Top 3 guys would have been

Nate

Hendo

Vitor

All gunning for the belt....they would have been the Lyoto' date='Shogun,Evan of the LHW waiting for the Jon Jones to come in A.Silva[/quote']

Yea that's kinda what I figured, but I bet Franklin would have hung around and been more competitive. And Sonnen probably would of Jake Shielded Hendo :P

Yea my whole point was the Jones v Silva comparison. In terms of his legacy, I think Anderson got gypped out of the whole beating former champs thing. When he came he only had the option to beat one former MW champ, had he waited let's say, he would of been in Jon Jones position, except more spectacular IMO.

Franklin was supposed to fight Swick, Swick defeated The Crow Loassieu (or however you spell it) that was the number 1 contender match. however he got over shadowed by Silva.

IMO Franklin defeats Swick at 64 as it should have been.

Marquradt defeats Franklin,

Marquardt defends title against Lutter,

loses rematch with Franklin,

Henderson defeats Franklin

Henderson defends against Cote

defends against Leites

defends against Maia

Jake Shields comes over from Strikeforce defeats Henderson

Shields defends against Sonnen

defends against Belfort

defends against Okami

defends against Sonnen again

Anderson Silva comes out of retirement joins UFC loses to Shields retires for good

Shields drops to 170 Title vs Title Match

Carlos Condit defeats Shields vacates title goes back to 170

Chris Weidman vs Michael Bisping for vacant 185 title

Bisping defeats Weidman

Franklin returns to 185 defeats Bisping

Franklin retires vacates the belt

thats as far as Im going with this lol

Franklin was supposed to fight Swick' date=' Swick defeated The Crow Loassieu (or however you spell it) that was the number 1 contender match. however he got over shadowed by Silva.

defends against Leites

defends against Maia

defends against Belfort

defends against Okami

Anderson Silva comes out of retirement joins UFC loses to Shields retires for good

Bisping defeats Weidman

thats as far as Im going with this lol[/quote']

This has to be a troll...u think shields would have won 5 title fights in a row and defends it the most at 4?...it insane to think Hendo if takes the the fight serious,vitor,nate loses to him?

Franklin

Hendo

Wandy (yep he drops to MW and crushes shields)

Bisping

Belcher

Nate

Palhares

185 Maia all would beat shields

Wow I'm surprised by this disrespect for Rich Franklin, I think you guys have been drinking too much of Cheals kool-aid. Where the hardcore fans to set you guys straight (Im kidding of course). But Rich was, when he got the belt thought to be one of the best mma fighters during that period, a lot of people expected him to be champ for a long time, which was why Silva deserves so much credit for beating him.

For like 25+ fights his only losses were Machida and Silva (both understandable). Thats straight fact. I liked Nate too but I think Rich would have beat him, why all of the the sudden love for Nate anyway??? The only guys that may have beaten Rich after he held the title for a long time would have been Hendo, Belfort, and maybe Sonnen.

Franklin was supposed to fight Swick' date=' Swick defeated The Crow Loassieu (or however you spell it) that was the number 1 contender match. however he got over shadowed by Silva.

defends against Leites

defends against Maia

defends against Belfort

defends against Okami

Bisping defeats Weidman

thats as far as Im going with this lol[/quote']

^Lol at the Sheilds manlove here, the guy has looked awful since coming to the ufc and has yet to beat a legit top 10 fighter and hes gonna be MW champ gtfo.

Wow I'm surprised by this disrespect for Rich Franklin' date=' I think you guys have been drinking too much of Cheals kool-aid. Where the hardcore fans to set you guys straight (Im kidding of course). But Rich was, when he got the belt thought to be one of the best mma fighters during that period, a lot of people expected him to be champ for a long time, which was why Silva deserves so much credit for beating him.

For like 25+ fights his only losses were Machida and Silva (both understandable). Thats straight fact. I liked Nate too but I think Rich would have beat him, why all of the the sudden love for Nate anyway??? The only guys that may have beaten Rich after he held the title for a long time would have been Hendo, Belfort, and maybe Sonnen.[/quote']

I like the way you think... try and paint a picture of how things would have went if Silva never came to the UFC! Do it like horrorfan did. Except, I think you're version of an alternate history will be worth reading :)

Archived