Funniest actor in the world?

georgelebrun

It was all sub titles. Couldn't get into it. Semi pro is probably my favorite.

_9003.jpg

Yeah I saw that. I kinda like foreign movies with subtitles so I want to watch it.

The foot fist way was good! He's great in anything he's in. Pineapple Express, 30 Minutes or Less, Eastbound and Down, Tropic Thunder.

Jim Carrey is my favorite.

Will Ferrel

Adam Sandler

Steve Carrel has his moments.

La Casa de mi padre was probably one of the stupidest movies ever made. The only good thing about it is it bashes Mexicans pretty hard. It's almost so bad that I wonder if everybody did a bunch of acid before they made the movie.

The other terrible will ferrel movie is "everything must go"

Billy Bob was pretty funny in slingblade.

So was Tom Hanks in Gump.

Will Ferrell's material is all written for him.

Robin Williams is the funniest actor in the world. He comes up with tons of stuff right on the spot.

Fair enough about it being written for him, but if I read the same script It wouldn't be funny. There is just something about Will that ALWAYS makes me laugh

These type of actors are never my fav cuz they use humor to.cover thier sorry acting skills but if I had to give a top 10 these guys come to mind in non order and has a movie in 4 years or less

Funny and can act list...sorry for miss spelling of names...as I said I'm not big fans of many of them so I forget how to spell thier names

Will Ferrall

Robert Downey Jr

Steve Carrell

Paul Rudd

Seth Rogan

Jonah Hill

Adam Sandler

Sean William Scott

Ben Steller

James Franco

List of funny guys who can't act

Andy Sanberg

Kevin Heart

Katt Williams

These type of actors are never my fav cuz they use humor to.cover thier sorry acting skills but if I had to give a top 10 these guys come to mind in non order and has a movie in 4 years or less

Funny and can act list...sorry for miss spelling of names...as I said I'm not big fans of many of them so I forget how to spell thier names

Will Ferrall

Robert Downey Jr

Steve Carrell

Paul Rudd

Seth Rogan

Jonah Hill

Adam Sandler

Sean William Scott

Ben Steller

James Franco

List of funny guys who can't act

Andy Sanberg

Kevin Heart

Katt Williams

Any professional actor will tell you comedy is harder than drama. And as far as great actors on the lists, Robert Downey Jr. is the best one there. He can do it all.

Id say Will Smith gives him a run for the money. Hes been able to all manner of drama' date=' action, comedy & everything in between, and done it well.[/quote']

Pretty sure Will Smith can't do any accents other than a Philly one. Downey Jr has done several. Hell, Downey can play a black man better than Will Smith--no disrespect to Smith.

Downey Jr--1

Smith--0

Any professional actor will tell you comedy is harder than drama. And as far as great actors on the lists' date=' Robert Downey Jr. is the best one there. He can do it all.[/quote']

Completely disagree...I love comedy but comedy based actors rare have the chops to do anything other then comedy based acting...if will ferrall is so better then a true talent actor he would have better movies then them

I'll raise you...some of the best comedy based actors like Steve Martin could never be held in such regard as a good but not great actor like Bruce Willis

Any professional actor will tell you comedy is harder than drama. And as far as great actors on the lists' date=' Robert Downey Jr. is the best one there. He can do it all.[/quote']

If this was true, why do most comedy actors never do drama? Because, I hate to disagree and seem like a jerk, but I think you're wrong. Some people are cut out for different things, and I can tell you this... I've been acting before, and I'm a riot when I really wanna be, but I don't do drama. First of all, because I'm not a serious lad at all, secondly because in real life, I've always got a joke or a pun up my sleeve, and that's just my go-to.

I must disagree and tell you that for ME, drama is harder than comedy, because I'm more cut out for comedy... Some people just are.

Completely disagree...I love comedy but comedy based actors rare have the chops to do anything other then comedy based acting...if will ferrall is so better then a true talent actor he would have better movies then them

I'll raise you...some of the best comedy based actors like Steve Martin could never be held in such regard as a good but not great actor like Bruce Willis

?????

If this was true' date=' why do most comedy actors never do drama? Because, I hate to disagree and seem like a jerk, but I think you're wrong. Some people are cut out for different things, and I can tell you this... I've been acting before, and I'm a riot when I really wanna be, but I don't do drama. First of all, because I'm not a serious lad at all, secondly because in real life, I've always got a joke or a pun up my sleeve, and that's just my go-to.

I must disagree and tell you that for ME, drama is harder than comedy, because I'm more cut out for comedy... Some people just are.[/quote']

I didn't say it. Like I said, most professional actors will tell you comedy is harder than drama.

Check it out guys, pick a link: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=What%27s+harder%3F+Comedy+or+drama%3F&oq=What%27s+harder%3F+Comedy+or+drama%3F&gs_l=hp.3...2188.12936.0.13135.35.28.2.5.6.0.181.3312.8j20.28.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.abu0Sn5SYpQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=e6d56f809fbd5741&bpcl=35277026&biw=1920&bih=882

?????

I didn't say it. Like I said' date=' most professional actors will tell you comedy is harder than drama.

Check it out guys, pick a link: http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=What%27s+harder%3F+Comedy+or+drama%3F&oq=What%27s+harder%3F+Comedy+or+drama%3F&gs_l=hp.3...2188.12936.0.13135.35.28.2.5.6.0.181.3312.8j20.28.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.abu0Sn5SYpQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=e6d56f809fbd5741&bpcl=35277026&biw=1920&bih=882[/quote']

Come on doc...did u just give me a link to Google where I can see Eddie Murphy talk about this?...can you find me a more biased source?...you just went all Fox News on us lol

And for one Eddie while he is a great comedian he is one of the worst Hollywood actors in the past 5 years...I would not have put him in the top 10 funny actors during that time...last good funny film he did was nutty professor

His best film will NEVER be held in the same light is the best film in the past year and we are talking Eddies whole career here

Come on doc...did u just give me a link to Google where I can see Eddie Murphy talk about this?...can you find me a more biased source?...you just went all Fox News on us lol

And for one Eddie while he is a great comedian he is one of the worst Hollywood actors in the past 5 years...I would not have put him in the top 10 funny actors during that time...last good funny film he did was nutty professor

His best film will NEVER be held in the same light is the best film in the past year and we are talking Eddies whole career here

Beverly Hills Cop!

Beverly Hills Cop!

That was good...but ill give you Norbit...that was the worst film that year

Eddie is a biased person to support a claim on which is harder...if comedy based acting is harder then why are the star of those not getting roles like tom hardy...guys like jonah hill would have crushed as Bane:cool:

The was only the first link....there were plenty to choose from, not just Eddie Murphy. And if Eddie is such a bad actor, how did he earn an Oscar nomination? Who else can do what Eddie did in Nutty Professor?

And not to dwell on Eddie....but here you go.... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000552/awards

The was only the first link....there were plenty to choose from' date=' not just Eddie Murphy. And if Eddie is such a bad actor, how did he earn an Oscar nomination? Who else can do what Eddie did in Nutty Professor?

And not to dwell on Eddie....but here you go.... http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000552/awards[/quote']

I agree Nutty Professor was good as I said be4....

but it's animated movie nominations we're meaningless to me....anyone can play animated characters...that does not mean you're in good actor ...but don't get me wrong, at one point he was a good actor but not in the last 10 years

but that's not what I'm trying to argue here....what I'm fighting for his ideal that drama is indeed harder than comedy acting

you can't possibly think that Eddie Murphy that playing shreks side kick is harder then making Beverly Hills Cop do u?

I agree Nutty Professor was good as I said be4....

but it's animated movie nominations we're meaningless to me....anyone can play animated characters...that does not mean you're in good actor ...but don't get me wrong' date=' at one point he was a good actor but not in the last 10 years

but that's not what I'm trying to argue here....what I'm fighting for his ideal that drama is indeed harder than comedy acting

you can't possibly think that Eddie Murphy that playing shreks side kick is harder then making Beverly Hills Cop do u?[/quote']

He got an Oscar nomination for Dreamgirls.

Here, check this out... http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TomHanksSyndrome

Well, what most non-actors aren't aware of is the fact that comedy is more difficult to act in successfully than drama. A mediocre performance is much more readable/watchable in a drama than in a comedy, because once comedy starts to fall apart, it's very hard to pull it back together again. Hence, a really good comic actor usually has the talent - the knowledge of their body, of timing, of the effects of subtle gestures - that can serve to make them brilliant at serious works as well. In some cases, when an actor does this long enough and successfully enough, they can become better known as a dramatic actor than a comedic one

Archived