How is it that Bonnar wasn't able to outmuscle and manhandle Anderson?

JosephPBlow

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's not an undersized light heavyweight by any means and the guy is shredded' date=' strong, experienced and used to taking bigger guys to the ground. Was anyone else as surprised as I was at his inability to use his size and strength in any meaningful way?[/quote']

Silva was just much better and used the cage to his advantage as well.

Technique>Strength/Size

Although Bonnar has size and strength he doesn't have power.

Power>Technique

He's not an undersized light heavyweight by any means and the guy is shredded' date=' strong, experienced and used to taking bigger guys to the ground. Was anyone else as surprised as I was at his inability to use his size and strength in any meaningful way?[/quote']

When fighters are that similar in size, technique is more important than strength.

Silva was just much better and used the cage to his advantage as well.

Technique>Strength/Size

Although Bonnar has size and strength he doesn't have power.

Power>Technique

If you haven't seen this I highly recommend it.

It talks about pretty much that.

Anderson is deceptively strong. He has a black belt in both Judo and BJJ, so his grip strength is off the charts and he understands the art of positioning and leverage.

Surprised people haven't been talking more about the awesome way he tripped Bonnar halfway across the Octagon before he annihilated his solar plexus.

Because Silva isn't GSP

Silva is a master of MMA

If it would have been GSP fighting Bonnar' date=' Stephan would have controlled and outmuscled GSP due to Georges' lack of skill[/quote']

GSP is a welterweight so one would have to assume he'd be at significant disadvantage fighting at LHW.

But my Georgie would still find a way to win :)

his defensive wrestling is ok, bonnar isnt really that great in that dept.

he still kinda bullied him, but silva is pretty smart at evading any real damage and masking it when he gets hurt. bonnar had the right idea, he just didnt have the tools to pull it off. phil davis would have raped anderson silva tonight, worse that fitch did to eric.

his defensive wrestling is ok' date=' bonnar isnt really that great in that dept.

he still kinda bullied him, but silva is pretty smart at evading any real damage and masking it when he gets hurt. bonnar had the right idea, he just didnt have the tools to pull it off. phil davis would have raped anderson silva tonight, worse that fitch did to eric.[/quote']

Anderson would KO Fedor in the first round.

Anderson would KO Fedor in the first round.

lol fedor would absolutely rape him

even anderson knows this and said he would lose

you people are delusional

anderson has fought light heavy wieght two or three times in his whole career

once against forrest who was practically hand picked for his weak *** chin and crappy striking

once against someone i cant even remember

and once against the guy who forrest beat who is ranked 26 in the world

when you talk about fedor you are talking about the GOAT of the sport itself

anderson is the sports greatest weight cutter

he has spent the rest of his career in the lhw b division full of other guys who are good, but failures at lhw.

your sole claim to fame is silva beat hendo at mw. great, so did jake shields.

silva wont go near hendo at lhw ... even now...why is that?

and fedor was smashing hendo up when he got clipped, and screwed over.

get a brain.

fedor destroyed monsters. his style is the worst possible style match up for anderson.

he would snap him like a twig.

you people are insane.

once against forrest who was practically hand picked for his weak *** chin and crappy striking

he has spent the rest of his career in the lhw b division full of other guys who are good' date=' but not failures at lhw.

get a brain.

fedor destroyed monsters. hes style is the worst possible style match up for anderson.

you people are insane.[/quote']

Anderson would dodge every haymaker and get the flash KO when he starts getting bored. Don't be mad.

he has spent the rest of his career in the lhw b division full of other guys who are good' date=' but failures at lhw.

your sole claim to fame is silva beat hendo at mw. great, so did jake shields.

silva wont go near hendo at lhw ... even now...why is that?

and fedor was smashing hendo up when he got clipped, and screwed over.

get a brain.

fedor destroyed monsters. his style is the worst possible style match up for anderson.

you people are insane.[/quote']

OMG!!! :eek: I don't think I've ever seen such a fanboy!

Anderson would dodge every haymaker and get the flash KO when he starts getting bored. Don't be mad.

he wouldnt dodge anything, and he would be on his back before he even knew what had happened. try that aikido crap with a world sambo champ? give me a break.

hed get ruined. he is no match physically for a heavyweight. hendo is a wrestler and fedor was lighting him up before the sweep. you just dont know what youre talking about. i mean seriously, you think anderson, who has never one punched anyone in his whole career, is going to bother anyone in the heavyweight division with his weak *** jabs?

any decent heavyweight would rape him. fedor would probably actually kill him.

you are talking about someone who broke monsons leg with kicks, and gave ishi a brain injury. he breaks bones with his punches, jaws, legs, etc.

you people are ridiculous.

OMG!!! :eek: I don't think I've ever seen such a fanboy!

you are swinging so low on danas hype, you dont recognise reality. i handicap these fights. i know what im talking about. i pulled 8/8 fights tonight.

meanwhile you think silva is telepathic.

youre a fkn idiot.

you know literally nothing about the sport. you are sitting there telling me a middleweight is going to beat the GOAT of the sport. you absolute fkn retard.

he wouldnt dodge anything' date=' and he would be on his back before he even knew what had happened. try that aikido crap with a world sambo champ? give me a break.

hed get ruined. he is no match physically for a heavyweight. hendo is a wrestler and fedor was lighting him up before the sweep. you just dont know what youre talking about. i mean seriously, you think anderson, who has never one punched anyone in his whole career, is going to bother anyone in the heavyweight division with his weak *** jabs?

any decent heavyweight would rape him. fedor would probably actually kill him.

you are talking about someone who broke monsons leg with kicks, and gave ishi a brain injury. he breaks bones with his punches, jaws, legs, etc.

you people are ridiculous.[/quote']

henderson_fedor_finish.jpg

you are swinging so low on danas hype' date=' you dont recognise reality. i handicap these fights. i know what im talking about. i pulled 8/8 fights tonight.

meanwhile you think silva is telepathic.

youre a fkn idiot.

you know literally nothing about the sport. you are sitting there telling me a middleweight is going to beat the GOAT of the sport. you absolute fkn retard.[/quote']

You're boring.

Nothing left to do but troll the UFC board after his idol got exposed and retired due to irrelevance.

because brazil didnt just vote fedor the greatest of all time, along with anyone else in the sport who has a brain.

its not my fault you are a bunch of fan boys.

a promoter told you some lies and you believed it, you people are fkn ridiculous.

grow the fck up.

exposed as what? all the losses were controversial or indecisive, and he was well outof his prime. the only thing irrelevant in the ufc for not being able to sign him. they were scared to sign him, so he beat a few people up and retired. far worse heavyweights are in the ufc, with far worse fights behind them. and guys he beat in pride are still top ten.

again, youre ridiculous.

the truth is like poison to you idiots.

because brazil didnt just vote fedor the greatest of all time' date=' along with anyone else in the sport who has a brain.

a promoter told you some lies and you believed it, you people are fkn ridiculous.

grow the fck up.

exposed as what? all the losses were controversial or indecisive, and he was well outof his prime. the only thing irrelevant in the ufc for not being able to sign him. they were scared to sign him, so he beat a few people up and retired. far worse heavyweights are in the ufc, with far worse fights behind them. and guys he beat in pride are still top ten.

again, youre ridiculous.

the truth is like poison to you idiots.[/quote']

Just a question - do you like black people?

Honest question.

because brazil didnt just vote fedor the greatest of all time' date=' along with anyone else in the sport who has a brain.

[b']its not my fault you are a bunch of fan boys. [/b]

Grow the fck up.

Exposed as what? All the losses were controversial or indecisive, and he was well outof his prime. The only thing irrelevant in the ufc for not being able to sign him. They were scared to sign him, so he beat a few people up and retired. Far worse heavyweights are in the ufc, with far worse fights behind them. And guys he beat in pride are still top ten.

Again, youre ridiculous.

The truth is like poison to you idiots.

lmao!!!!

You're boring.

no. youre fkn nauseating, you total fkn hype monkey.

all the fighters rate fedor. silva rates fedor. dana even admits he rates fedor,

brazil rates fedor. silva just went out of his way to say hes not the best.

and you are sitting there hating like a little *****.

get out of my living room, you wattless fan boy ****

grow the fck up.

again, youre ridiculous.

the truth is like poison to you idiots.[/quote']

Nobody has ever dominated the competition the way Silva has. Ever. He completely embarrasses almost everyone he goes up against, and in ways that most people wouldn't even think possible.

And the only guy Fedor has ever beat that is still relevant at HW is Big Nog. If you're going to spend all of your time daydreaming about one guy, at least know what you're talking about when you decide to share your obsession with the rest of us.

[b']a promoter told you some lies and you believed it[/b], you people are fkn ridiculous.

grow the fck up.

again, youre ridiculous.

the truth is like poison to you idiots.

A promoter didn't have to convince me that he got squashed and annihilated in his last three meaningful fights.

The truth hurts the butthurt-prone.

no. youre fkn nauseating' date=' you total fkn hype monkey.

all the fighters rate fedor. silva rates fedor. dana even admits he rates fedor,

get out of my living room, you wattless fan boy ****[/quote']

You're boring. And repetitive. Which makes you even more boring.

Nobody has ever dominated the competition the way Silva has. Ever. He completely embarrasses almost everyone he goes up against' date=' and in ways that most people wouldn't even think possible.

And the only guy Fedor has ever beat that is still relevant at HW is Big Nog. If you're going to spend all of your time daydreaming about one guy, at least know what you're talking about when you decide to share your obsession with the rest of us.[/quote']

legendairy

gotta love Fedor, but anderson would clown him worse than he did Bonnar

no. youre fkn nauseating' date=' you total fkn hype monkey.

get out of my living room, you wattless fan boy ****[/quote']

What's the weather like where you are today? I'm going to wear a blue jacket today.:D

He looks black to me lol...You are absolutely hilarious

and youre a ****in idiot.

does the fact he said he isnt black mean anything to you

or the fact your ****** country doesnt get to define racial categories

or the fact race is a social construct and means absolutely nothing scientifically

i bet you think obama is black. dont you? idiot.

one drop rule is hilarious

you are just a retard.

or the fact race is a social construct and means absolutely nothing scientifically

you are just a retard.

Somebody took Intro to Sociology. That's some next-level ****.

So since Silva isn't from Africa' date=' he's not black?

That's racist.[/quote']

no, since he isnt black. he isnt black. he has never claimed to be black as far as i know. brazil doesnt categorise him as black. and he is not american, and not subject to your artificial labels on human beings that have no merit in reality.

he is not black, therefore he is not black.

you are just a retard.

He's from african decent. People that dark aren't native to Brazil....dude, you are making my night. You're a riot

He's from african decent. People that dark aren't native to Brazil....dude' date=' you are making my night. You're a riot[/quote']

"that dark" go back to stormfront you american moron.

he never said he was black,. brazil doesnt categorise him as black

everyone is from african descent.

youre just a fkn retard.

seriously. stop sending me messages. youre an idiot.

get back in your trailer. i believe your sister is ready for you.

"that dark" go back to stormfront you american moron.

he never said he was black' date='. brazil doesnt categorise him as black

everyone is from african descent.

youre just a fkn retard.

seriously. stop sending me messages. youre an idiot.

get back in your trailer. i believe your sister is ready for you.[/quote']

Why's he so dark!!! lol

no' date=' since he isnt black. he isnt black. he has never claimed to be black as far as i know. brazil doesnt categorise him as black. and he is not american, and not subject to your artificial labels on human beings that have no merit in reality.

he is not black, therefore he is not black.[/quote']

So he doesn't label himself as black, and his country doesn't label him as black, but he is also not subject to artificial labels that have no merit in reality?

Why did you bring up other artificial labels to support your argument that artificial labels don't matter?

Archived