Sign in to follow this  
the_bear413

Tooting my own horn here

After Eric Silva's last fight, I said he shouldn't be put against a top 10 WW. You all disagreed, however. For whatever reason, you all wanted to see it happen.

So how'd that go for you all? Instead of letting a fighter develop his skills and learn a ground-game, you pushed for a high-tier fight and he got obliterated.

I hope you all have learned something for pushing this situation.

P.S. **** your excuses for E. Silva. They do not matter.

You picked Fitch against a young prospect?

SO BRAVE

He never said he picked fitch. Just that Silva wasnt ready for anyone rated at Fitchs level. If this was old boring dry **** fitch then Silva might have won a decision. This new Fitch is awesome. Please, let this one stick around.

After Eric Silva's last fight' date=' I said he shouldn't be put against a top 10 WW. You all disagreed, however. For whatever reason, you all wanted to see it happen.

So how'd that go for you all? Instead of letting a fighter develop his skills and learn a ground-game, you pushed for a high-tier fight and he got obliterated.

P.S. **** your excuses for E. Silva. They do not matter.[/quote']

The UFC doesn't know how to build up stars any longer. I hope they do it right with Glover.

People bash on Pride for their seemingly ridiculously one sided match ups but thats how you build guys names up and hey if the underdog pulls off the upset you have a new name to promote as well. Pride did it right.

However with Carwin, JDS and Velasquez they did it perfectly. Fed them no names so they could hone their skills and one by one was putting them up against the King Lesnar

Carwin wasn't ready

Cain was

JDS wasn't ready either but luckily Carwin was a perfect style matchup of Wrestling and punching. JDS couldn't handle the Wrestling of Brock, but Carwin isn't on his level. Cain isn't either both rely too much on their hands they've lost their wrestlers adage.

Which is why Brock would beat JDS to this day the end.

Oh yea and Fitch is awesome, sorry for your loss Silva

I'll give you one better...

This is from the UFC on FX 3 discussion thread where he fought Charlie...

I don't know who's he fighting next but if it's a wrestler who actually belongs in WW he's getting finished.

I almost got it right...

You picked Fitch against a young prospect?

SO BRAVE

i couldn't have made more obvious for your dumb-*** that I thought this fight was a bad decision from day one.

suck my **** you bandwagoning P.O.S.

Erm' date=' Erick did really good in that fight. Fitch was consensus #2 forever until Hendricks beat him. Erick is a top 10 fighter imo.[/quote']

Yeah man, did really good, lost 30-27, 29-28, 29-28. THATS REALLY GOOD DUDE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

After Eric Silva's last fight' date=' I said he shouldn't be put against a top 10 WW. You all disagreed, however. For whatever reason, you all wanted to see it happen.

P.S. **** your excuses for E. Silva. They do not matter.[/quote']

You want a cookie?

Yeah man' date=' did really good, lost 30-27, 29-28, 29-28. THATS REALLY GOOD DUDE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK[/quote']

almost subbed him bruh

and 29-28 is not bad

Yeah man' date=' did really good, lost 30-27, 29-28, 29-28. THATS REALLY GOOD DUDE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK[/quote']

Antoine Dodson has a message for you

Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

i couldn't have made more obvious for your dumb-*** that I thought this fight was a bad decision from day one.

suck my **** you bandwagoning P.O.S.

Bandwagon? hahahaha you don't know a damn thing. I've called Silva a bum since he lost to Prater.

Erm' date=' Erick did really good in that fight. Fitch was consensus #2 forever until Hendricks beat him. Erick is a top 10 fighter imo.[/quote']

yeah cause 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 is really good. so good. almost dude, almost.

yeah' date=' he was totally ready man. he didn't get taken down at will or anything. totally ready.[/quote']

almost dude' date=' almost. he almost won. almost.[/quote']

So are you saying that an up and coming fighter should only fight a top 10 opponent if he is 100% guaranteed to win?

Because that makes no sense

The UFC doesn't know how to build up stars any longer. I hope they do it right with Glover.

People bash on Pride for their seemingly ridiculously one sided match ups but thats how you build guys names up and hey if the underdog pulls off the upset you have a new name to promote as well. Pride did it right.

However with Carwin' date=' JDS and Velasquez they did it perfectly. Fed them no names so they could hone their skills and one by one was putting them up against the King Lesnar

Carwin wasn't ready

Cain was

JDS wasn't ready either but luckily Carwin was a perfect style matchup of Wrestling and punching. JDS couldn't handle the Wrestling of Brock, but Carwin isn't on his level. Cain isn't either both rely too much on their hands they've lost their wrestlers adage.

Which is why Brock would beat JDS to this day the end.

Oh yea and Fitch is awesome, sorry for your loss Silva[/quote']

You get it.

Brock would spill his guts on the floor if JDS punched him once on his belly...

I don't like Brock but he really wasn't the same after his surgery. He didn't seem nearly as explosive or aggresive.

So are you saying that an up and coming fighter should only fight a top 10 opponent if he is 100% guaranteed to win?

Because that makes no sense

No, I'm saying an up-and-coming fighter shouldn't fight a top 10 WW for at least 5 fights.

He was too young and inexperienced, but the lot of you couldn't see that and have set him back because of it.

So.... why are you defending him?

I'm not defending anyone, I'm wondering who thinks picking a proven top WW over an up and comer and being right is something worth bragging about?

I'm not defending anyone' date=' I'm wondering who thinks picking a proven top WW over an up and comer and being right is something worth bragging about?[/quote']

Because the rest of the forum thought he should fight a top 10 WW.

it is not a matter of a top 10,it is a matter of ONE guy Fitch.Fitch has not been beat by anyone other than GSP.Hendricks got in a lucky shot but Fitch is imo a smaller guy but a better wrestler.

Fitch looked in the best shape ever,he was relentless and very tiring on Eric.He was not just laying on Silva, he was very active the entire fight,that kind of cardio and relentless pressure would have destroyed anyone,except GSP of course.

Eric is still a very good fighter,the 170 division is full of the best fighters around,so anyone can beat anyone on a given night.Heck i remember when Thiago Alves looked like a beast,strong,cuts lots of weight,good TDD,good striker but he is only an average fighter in the 170 ranks.

I don't like Brock but he really wasn't the same after his surgery. He didn't seem nearly as explosive or aggresive.

Exactly, if the TUF Finale went through, who knows?

it is not a matter of a top 10' date='it is a matter of ONE guy Fitch.Fitch has not been beat by anyone other than GSP.Hendricks got in a lucky shot but Fitch is imo a smaller guy but a better wrestler.

Fitch looked in the best shape ever,he was relentless and very tiring on Eric.He was not just laying on Silva, he was very active the entire fight,that kind of cardio and relentless pressure would have destroyed anyone,except GSP of course.

Eric is still a very good fighter,the 170 division is full of the best fighters around,so anyone can beat anyone on a given night.Heck i remember when Thiago Alves looked like a beast,strong,cuts lots of weight,good TDD,good striker but he is only an average fighter in the 170 ranks.[/quote']

You just hyped up Fitch while calling his biggest win an average fighter now.

Also Hendricks would KTFO Fitch again in a rematch

Yes' date=' he did. You didn't even watch the fight, did you? You're just reading score cards.[/quote']

I commend you on trying to make a case for E. Silva, but, really, it's in vain. He tried a submission attempt, good for him.

I commend you on trying to make a case for E. Silva' date=' but, really, it's in vain. He tried a submission attempt, good for him.[/quote']

I don't commend you for this trolling.