Bonnar, was it worth it???

nkogneato

I know going into this post that I will get flamed by all the Bonnar fan boys, but wtf. Everyone said before the fight that you took it for the money and promised Danna a good fight that you would last 3 rounds. Just wondering if the money was worth it? I mean going out looking like a chump, out matched, out classed, out skilled, and your "strength" and tough chin were butter in A.S. hands. I mean can you look at yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life knowing you went out looking worse than your other UFC over paid, under skilled buddy Forrest when A.S. had his way with him as well? Just wondering if it was worth it??.. Oh twitter was buzzing after the fight, I hope you read some of it.

I know going into this post that I will get flamed by all the Bonnar fan boys' date=' but wtf. Everyone said before the fight that you took it for the money and promised Danna a good fight that you would last 3 rounds. Just wondering if the money was worth it? I mean going out looking like a chump, out matched, out classed, out skilled, and your "strength" and tough chin were butter in A.S. hands. I mean can you look at yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life knowing you went out looking worse than your other UFC over paid, under skilled buddy Forrest when A.S. had his way with him as well? Just wondering if it was worth it??.. Oh twitter was buzzing after the fight, I hope you read some of it.[/quote']

Well, his chin was fine... :rolleyes:

I know going into this post that I will get flamed by all the Bonnar fan boys' date=' but wtf. Everyone said before the fight that you took it for the money and promised Danna a good fight that you would last 3 rounds. Just wondering if the money was worth it? I mean going out looking like a chump, out matched, out classed, out skilled, and your "strength" and tough chin were butter in A.S. hands. I mean can you look at yourself in the mirror for the rest of your life knowing you went out looking worse than your other UFC over paid, under skilled buddy Forrest when A.S. had his way with him as well? Just wondering if it was worth it??.. Oh twitter was buzzing after the fight, I hope you read some of it.[/quote']

lol Forrest looked way worse

Ah,yes.Just when is Dana going to quit over paying these no talent bums to get beat up? Maybe Dana,should line him up with real lhw's and quit throwing guys who never really deserved a shot at the so called greatest.Glover would have killed Anderson,and he is yet unproven.

Ah' date='yes.Just when is Dana going to quit over paying these no talent bums to get beat up? Maybe Dana,should line him up with real lhw's and quit throwing guys who never really deserved a shot at the so called greatest.Glover would have killed Anderson,and he is yet unproven.[/quote']

Lol, Glover wouldn't have made it out of the first round against Anderson. He barely made it out of the first last night.

You people are not intelligent :)

thewordintelligenceisalsothepolaroppositeofdolan_0a6e3bd1f9d88e169795acdf58dd97ee.jpg?w=538

Why so butt hurt wesley' date=' everyone makes a mistake, you thinking that Silva's "most impressive" accomplishment in life is beating the juggernaut stephan bonnar would come to mind as a big one, but hey you're the expert here....[/quote']

lol, I'm not "butt hurt." I'm just having some fun.:D I also never said Silva's "most impressive accomplishment in life is beating the juggernaut stephan bonnar." I said that his most impressive accomplishment in MMA (not life) was finishing (not just beating) Stephan Bonnar. It was also meant as a form of satire (as a lot of my posts are) directed at the people that try to downplay Silva's accomplishments. I can't stand the guy, but I have to respect him for what he has done in MMA. It's OK though. Like you said, "everyone makes a mistake." ;)

Christ' date=' fighters get bashed for refusing fights and now they also get bashed for taking them.

This forum, this sport and its "fans" are an embarrassing joke :)[/quote']

Truer words have never been said.

I give Bonnar respect for taking the fight against Silva. There's no shame in losing to the best ever.

Shat! Moldonado would have killed Anderson. You are truly dead from the neck up aren't you?

Lol, yep I guess so.

If you seriously believe that the sport is so corrupt that a bum like Maldonado is actually better than the longest reigning UFC title holder then why don't take your tin foil hat and go watch another sport.

Pseudo-fans like you are a dime a dozen. Your over hyped fighters get worked over, beaten or exposed and your weak little mind can't handle it so you make lame excuses...and when you run out of excuses you go to the "fixed" or "corrupt org" nonsense because that's all you've got.

There is no competition here for the title of biggest internet idiot so why don't you go infest some other forum.

I hear cameldog is great for people like you :)

Lol' date=' yep I guess so.

If you seriously believe that the sport is so corrupt that a bum like Maldonado is actually better than the longest reigning UFC title holder then why don't take your tin foil hat and go watch another sport.

Pseudo-fans like you are a dime a dozen. Your over hyped fighters get worked over, beaten or exposed and your weak little mind can't handle it so you make lame excuses...and when you run out of excuses you go to the "fixed" or "corrupt org" nonsense because that's all you've got.

There is no competition here for the title of biggest internet idiot so why don't you go infest some other forum.

I hear cameldog is great for people like you :)[/quote']

See,that's how simple you really are.....it all went over your head,like planned.You talk like your a mainstream fan,but in reality you are probably 15.Don't worry,we are laughing at you in case you didn't notice.

Bonnar deserves credit for taking a fight on 1 months notice, he had nothing to lose I don't know what your whining about he made a ton of money and money is why almost all UFC fighters fight.

He went out with a body shot that knocks the wind out of you instantly was is almost as painful as getting hit in the balls. Nothing to be ashamed of. Some of you need to step away from the forum and go learn some MMA before bashing any fighters in the UFC.

Well' date=' his chin was fine... :rolleyes:[/quote']

To be honest even though it was the body shot that finished him, Bonnar was going to get KO'd if the fight went any longer.

He had nothing on Silva with his back on the fence, dropped his hands and still had nothing.

Fight was going to finish soon

well atleast he has the guts to take the fight.would JBJ do that?or bonnar and AS both took the fight to save the event.true professional fighters wouldn't turn down a fight.

Bonnar was ranked 24 at LHW at the time and held his own for a couple of minutes against the guy everyone calls p4p number 1....so any real MMA fan knows that a 1st round loss is what should have happened in that fight. Any casual fan would say that was a shockingly bad performance...but those 2 guys really have no business being in the same cage

The truth is...any MMA fighter could look that good if they were put in there with someone 20 ranks below them. Even guys like Maia or Belcher would look like jedis if they were put in there against a guy ranked 30th in the world. The reason fighters don't consistently look that insane is because they are matched evenly with someone of their skill level

Hell yeah it was worth it. Bonnar probably got PAID and really had no business in there with him. What did he have to lose? You pay me what Bonnar probably got paid' date=' and I'll jump in there with Silva too. Walk in, get TKO'd in about 5 to 10 seconds and then go cash my check.[/quote']

I would think most people would do the same.

Archived