Is it just me, or did Fitch gain alot of new fans?

itsok

Not many fighters receives as much hate as Fitch, despite the fact that he's been the 2nd best ww for a long time. I admit he's not always been the most exciting fighter, and no, he can't finish fights, but last nights fight changed my view of him. It was obvious he was motivated as hell, and showed a lot of heart. There was not a second of LnP, always looking for submission or gnp.

Tbh, I can't point out exactly what made this fight so exciting, cause he did Fitch his way to victory. But this was the fotn, Fitch kept me awake at 4 am in the morning (us Europeans are sensitive to boring fights :D) and now I want to see him get in there asap again!

Props to Silva as well for bringing it, hype train just temporarily derailed.

Now let Fitch kick Diaz ***, would love the butt hurt in this forum!!

Not many fighters receives as much hate as Fitch' date=' despite the fact that he's been the 2nd best ww for a long time. I admit he's not always been the most exciting fighter, and no, he can't finish fights, but last nights fight changed my view of him. It was obvious he was motivated as hell, and showed a lot of heart. There was not a second of LnP, always looking for submission or gnp.

Tbh, I can't point out exactly what made this fight so exciting, cause he did Fitch his way to victory. But this was the fotn, Fitch kept me awake at 4 am in the morning (us Europeans are sensitive to boring fights :D) and now I want to see him get in there asap again!

Props to Silva as well for bringing it, hype train just temporarily derailed.

Now let Fitch kick Diaz ***, would love the butt hurt in this forum!![/quote']

Never been a big Fitch fan, neither have I ever really disliked him but i'll certainly be paying more attention to him if he continues to fight like he did last night.

A damn good scrap.

This.

People seem to ignore that Silva was the one making rounds 1 and 2 exciting' date=' and that round 3 was only good because Fitch got to work on a lifeless corpse.[/quote']

Yeah he put everything into not getting Fitched and was exhausted by the 3rd.. still he did'nt get outclassed and at his age he will be scary good when he hits his prime!

Yeah he put everything into not getting Fitched and was exhausted by the 3rd.. still he did'nt get outclassed and at his age he will be scary good when he hits his prime!

Erick is not 23 like Rory, Erick will be 29 the next time he fights.....I mean Fitch stood toe to toe a few times and got the best of it, took him down over and over, smashed him on the ground, escaped and nullified every submission attempt, almost submitted him and won a 29-27 decision also Erick gassed hard.

Also Fitch is 35 and was coming off a year layoff...Fitch is not the number 2 guy either, I never reallly thought he was but he certainly isn't anymore. Erick didn't impress me, Fitch did. I was rooting for Erick too but this kind of shattered all of his hype.

Erick is not 23 like Rory' date=' Erick will be 29 the next time he fights.....I mean Fitch stood toe to toe a few times and got the best of it, took him down over and over, smashed him on the ground, escaped and nullified every submission attempt, almost submitted him and won a 29-27 decision also Erick gassed hard.

Also Fitch is 35 and was coming off a year layoff...Fitch is not the number 2 guy either, I never reallly thought he was but he certainly isn't anymore. Erick didn't impress me, Fitch did. I was rooting for Erick too but this kind of shattered all of his hype.[/quote']

I actually thought he was 26/27 yyeah he isn't as young as Rory but Erick hasn't faced this jump in competition before against top opposition, Fitch is one of the hardest guys to beat at 170 style wise and if he takes the loss right and improves where he needs to he has great potential to be a top contender and maybe take a run at the belt in the next 3 years still. I never expected him to run through the division it's too stacked.

Archived