Much admiration and respect for Anderson Silva but if he ever fights GSP....

JosephPBlow

He will lose.

GSP will succeed in closing the distance.

GSP will easily get the TD.

GSP will control Anderson on the ground.

GSP will not foolishly allow himself to be sloppy and get subbed.

It'll be an ugly grind that'll be hard to watch but GSP will win by UD.

Anderson might just be too big

GSP always strikes to estabish closing the distance.

Anderson is likely to tool him before he ever gets the chance.

Even if GSP does take him down he will have trouble with his guard and he won't finish and in a 5 round fight every round starts standing and Anderson will likely catch GSP on the feet.

You do realize that...

Matt_Serra_1000518.jpg

Silly Canuck.

:)

you do realise that happened like what? 20 years before GSP came back and made him irrelevant just like every other one of his opponents? who was that guy again? last i checked decision george beat him so bad that he got finished by body strikes. he is no longer relevant. if anything u should be hating on serra for doing that because that is what changed gsp into the champion he is today rather than a dude who just goes out for a dogfight just to see if he can win and put on a show for the meatheads.

you do realise that happened like what? 20 years before GSP came back and made him irrelevant just like every other one of his opponents? who was that guy again? last i checked decision george beat him so bad that he got finished by body strikes. he is no longer relevant. if anything u should be hating on serra for doing that because that is what changed gsp into the champion he is today rather than a dude who just goes out for a dogfight just to see if he can win and put on a show for the meatheads.

When GSP beats someone and makes them irrelevant, it's because GSP is amazing.

When Silva beats someone and makes them irrelevant, it's because Silva only fights cans.

UFC Forum logic.

IF it happens, GSP will fight at catchweight non title fight....so 3 rounds it will be. GSP wins by UD. HECK.....after seeing Sonnen lay on top of Silva....even I believe Jake Shields.....OMG I cannot believe I said his name.....just GTFO Shields.......anyways I believe even Jake Shields can beat Silva......he can glue himself to Silva and grind out a boring win.

You GSP fans will get your chance to eat those words because that fight will probably be next. And after watching Demian Maia run through the WW division' date=' there is no doubt that Silva has faced the tougher competition.[/quote']

Silva clowned/danced around with Maia....wanted no ground game from him....wonder why????

Silva clowned/danced around with Maia....wanted no ground game from him....wonder why????

The point is that he toyed with him and not a single WW can even get out of the first round with him. However, he was on a two fight losing streak in the MW divii\sion when he moved to WW. Its painfully obvious that the MW division is and always has been stacked.

He tapped to strikes and was blinded by Jake Shields.

Good luck.

^ that

anderson has something gsp doesnt... a fighter mentality. GSP is a safe fighter. we say that so much it doesnt mean anything anymore but u need to understand it. he has a fragile ego and losing is not something he will easily accept. anderson on the other hand does not see losing as a possibility, he will go in there, let u take ur best shots at him and then he will tell you that u will lose and its not because he doesnt think hes better, its cuz he knows hes better.

Gsp will try to grind him, and possibly take him down, anderson will lay around for a bit and get a feel of this guy, let him punch him, then when he stands up he will frighten gsp with a single punch that changes his perspective on the fight. it will make gsp lose the fight mentally, allowing anderson to follow up and tko him

beating gsp is as simple as scaring him, its all u need to do, and one good punch will do that

Nothing against GSP but silva has beat people who are better then GSP

Better strikers then GSP that silva has beat

Vitor

Nate

Hendo

Better wresters

Sonnen

Better bjj

Maia

none of those guys are as well rounded, and none of them can carry a game plan.

also i dont know that hendo is a better striker than gsp. he is effective, absolutely, but generally against people who play to his strengths. if jon jones has gone in against hendo and tripped him, followed by gnp from hell, what would hendo do? shogun did this, and he aint even a wrestler.

^ that

anderson has something gsp doesnt... a fighter mentality. GSP is a safe fighter. we say that so much it doesnt mean anything anymore but u need to understand it. he has a fragile ego and losing is not something he will easily accept. anderson on the other hand does not see losing as a possibility' date=' he will go in there, let u take ur best shots at him and then he will tell you that u will lose and its not because he doesnt think hes better, its cuz he knows hes better.

Gsp will try to grind him, and possibly take him down, anderson will lay around for a bit and get a feel of this guy, let him punch him, then when he stands up he will frighten gsp with a single punch that changes his perspective on the fight. it will make gsp lose the fight mentally, allowing anderson to follow up and tko him

beating gsp is as simple as scaring him, its all u need to do, and one good punch will do that[/quote']

This is so presumptuous its gross. Thanks for speaking on behalf of the minds of 2 of the greatest fighters on the planet. And predicting the future.

If GSP has a half of a brain he'd avoid Silva like the plague. Silva will make GSP look like a beginner.

Yep' date=' GSP will crap to strikes He's unlikely to be awake long enough to tap, so when the lights go out, his bowels will clear themselves..[/quote']

This ^^^

100%

Honnestly the fight is kinda hard to predict because it all depends on if GSP can actually get the takedown.. It all depends on that. if he cant, it's gameover. If he can, well he has a chance.. But Silva can sub, and he can deal damage from the guard.. GSP cuts easily.. Also the fight will be put back on the feet at the beginning of every round so GSP has to be able to take him down 5 times in a row without a single mistake..

Also don't forget that although GSP's wrestling is one of his best assets I think his main asset is that he is an all around great fighter and can keep people guessing. That's how he outstruck Alves.. by keeping him guessing. Now against Silva it'll be obvious that he's looking for the takedown every single second of the fight so... Silva will be waiting for it and GSP will likely have a hard time doing it.

He will lose.

I have massive respect for GSP, he is a freak athlete and dedicated hardworker, and is probably one of the nicest guys in MMA, but the only way for him to win this fight is if every round starts on the ground ;)

Man' date=' even when Silva dances with people he makes them look bad, don't you think?

[img']http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/sp/ap_photo/20100410/all/l4413201.jpg[/img]

No bleep sherlock! Of course Silva will punch the snot out of anyone who stands in front of him. Silva played it smart.....sorta, by clowning and dancing.....made sure Maia didn't get glued to him or else it could have been another episode of Sonnen vs Silva.

Anyways.....back to GSP vs Silva dream fight. It is unpredictable.......if GSP can pull off a Sonnen then yes he has it, if not......then Silva will punish him for it.

You GSP fans will get your chance to eat those words because that fight will probably be next. And after watching Demian Maia run through the WW division' date=' there is no doubt that Silva has faced the tougher competition.[/quote']

I guarantee this fight wont happen. Gsp is way to scared to fight Silva.

He will lose.

your a gay

You know why GSP would lose?

Seriously.

He would RESPECT Anderson Silva too much. You noticed how Chael Sonnen is the only man to just straight bull rush Silva and literally disregard Silva's punching power, or accuracy. The man just ran in there and took his hits but didn't move back. This is why GSP would lose. GSP is not going to bull rush Silva. GSP will make a gameplan to try and take Silva down, but when it comes time he will freeze up and stand with Silva, waiting for his opportunity to get the takedown. Silva will simply toy with him on the feet and he won't get that opportunity, instead he will make a mistake and silva will capitalize.

If GSP was a ruthless, balls to the wall type of fighter. Then yes, I would give him the upperhand.

Hate?

For Anderson Silva?

Are you crazy? He's my favorite fight of all time. No other mixed martial artist has provided more highlight reel-worthy entertainment. I just happen to believe that at this point in his career GSP has the tools to beat him.

I think a neurosurgeon has the proper tools for you.

Archived