Evans vs. Bisping for title shot

bluesy

Let's face it, Bisping may be due a shot at the championship, but he has nothing to offer the champion. It's not an exciting fight.

Rashad needs a tune-up at MW, so this is it. And Silva vs. Evans would be a big deal.

However, if Bisping pulls it off via upset, he really deserves the opportunity.

I think Weidman and Boetsch, regardless of the winner, both need to build their resumes up a bit more. They just don't have the name value and credentials that Silva is looking for at the moment. He reiterated that tonight. I mean, if there weren't bigger fights on the horizon, they should probably be in the mix, but we've got Georges, Bisping, and Evans -- all huge fights that are very possible within the next year.

And I think Dana is so over-the-moon about Anderson after tonight that he would give him whoever he wants. In fact, Dana for the first time, at the post fight presser, said he was gonna lock himself up in a room with Andy, Ed Soares, and GSP to negotiate that fight.

As for Rashad, he has publicly flirted with the idea of MW for months and said he would drop down for the right fight. And because an automatic title shot seems a tad unwarranted, I think a title shot opportunity is enticing enough to get him to make the move. Bisping is a big name, he's a contender, they've gone to a split decision years ago at 205; it could make for a good story. Rashad wants Anderson and Bisping wants Anderson, but they've got unfinished business with each other. I like it.

Weidman and Boetsch both have better wins than Bisping. The only difference is Bisping came from TUF and has had the Zuffa hype machine behind him for years. Get that machine behind Weidman and people will be aware of him in no time' date=' he's a beast.. especially compared to Bisping.[/quote']

Bisping would beat both of them

I'd love to see that fight. Rashad will probably win, and I think he could take out Andy. He has all the tools to anyway. Whether he freezes up and gets tooled in the stand up is a different story. If he can pull a Chael Sonnen and actually do damage with his GnP then I think he could beat Anderson. I don't know why Rashad is staying at LHW anyway. He's not going anywhere with Jones as the champ. He could go down to MW, get the belt, rule there for awhile, and when Jones goes up to HW for good, Rashad could go back up and get the belt back. People can argue Lyoto, but most likely Rashad would be the LHW champ if Jones didn't exist or was at HW. He's one of the most underated fighters in the UFC.

Archived