E. Silva learned respect the hard way last night...

RussReign

Yes, he's a hot prospect with some serious skills - but he's nowhere near elite yet as Fitch proved last night. Happy to see this guy get SMASHED - maybe it will take his ego down a notch - walking around the ring with his hands down showing no regard for one of the best (albeit usually most boring) fighters in WW history... Kudos to Fitch for a dominant and entertaining performance (and for showing some incredible submission defense). PS - Silva also gassed completely after the first round - that type if cardio isn't getting you there against a former NCAA Div. 1 wrestling champ...

no cardio and over rated striking skills.

just because YOU thought he was good' date=' doesn't mean he was..[/quote']

This!

It was a solid one sided beating.

But he's young and has huge potential. Either this loss will make him better or he'll be one of those fighters who goes to sh*t once his confidence gets shattered. Time will tell.

Yes' date=' he's a hot prospect with some serious skills - but he's nowhere near elite yet as Fitch proved last night. Happy to see this guy get SMASHED - maybe it will take his ego down a notch - walking around the ring with his hands down showing no regard for one of the best (albeit usually most boring) fighters in WW history... Kudos to Fitch for a dominant and entertaining performance (and for showing some incredible submission defense). PS - Silva also gassed completely after the first round - that type if cardio isn't getting you there against a former NCAA Div. 1 wrestling champ...[/quote']

I Agree with most of what you said, although he did gas after round 1, he won round 2, and in the 3rd he did get smashed pretty good by Fitch's notoriously weak but effective ground and pound.

I thought he was going to be able to defend the takedown, but Fitch was to much for him to handle :( I want to see Silva fight a striker next.

I Agree with most of what you said' date=' although he did gas after round 1, he won round 2, and in the 3rd he did get smashed pretty good by Fitch's notoriously weak but effective ground and pound.

I thought he was going to be able to defend the takedown, but Fitch was to much for him to handle :( I want to see Silva fight a striker next.[/quote']

Should give him Che Mills next !

Erick got my respect, really. We saw him against a top opponent, and up until he was just outta gas, it wasn't one-sided at all, and one could argue that Silva won round 2. His counter-wrestling was actually really good, and Jon Fitch was not completely having his way with Silva in the grappling department.

Archived