Give fitch his credit !

MIRKO_CRO_GOD

1. Everybody *****ed about him being boring and not fitching.

2. He says he will go in to fight and finish and for FOTN

3. He wins FOTN and NEVER at some point did not look to finish by sub or GnP

4. He made it an exciting fight and FOTN and held his word

Now some butthurt erick silva fans say blah blah erick made it FOTN fitch sucks....

Guess what it needs 2 to make an exciting fight. So you should give him credit because he deserves it.

And for the ones saying erick got smashes...he didnt

He held his own and proved he can hang with top competition.

Now some butthurt erick silva fans say blah blah erick made it FOTN fitch sucks....

Guess what it needs 2 to make an exciting fight. So you should give him credit because he deserves it.

Well said.

Lol man I hope they feed him Diaz no doubt in my mind he beat the livin hell out of him....

That fight should actually happen. Makes sense rankings wise. But what you said implies he would do damage to Diaz. He would hug for dear life and take his patent decision win.

Lol man I hope they feed him Diaz no doubt in my mind he will beat the livin hell out of him....

Ok?

You always say I hope this person and that person beats Diaz to me

I don't get it

Do you think my opinion of fighters will change if Diaz gets beat? LoL

Diaz just got beat and my tune hasn't changed a bit

Fitch absolutely stayed true to his word last night. He never talked about how he was gonna smash Silva and do this to him and that to him, he just said he recognizes his fights need to be more exciting and it was his intention to make sure that in future they would be. I've never been a Fitch fan but after last nights performance i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Chris Lytle used to be boring as hell, he made a similar statement to Fitch and came good on his word, maybe Fitch will too.

A good fight and deservedly FOTN.

Overall, sure Fitch can be boring but his fight against Silva was anything but that.

The only impressive thing did was show how padded his pillow fists are

He had full mount and was pounding on Ericks face and did jack **** lol

That fight was definately not FOTN worthy, Fitch is still boring as ****, anybody can be exciting against a bum that you can mount at will

Havn't checked into the forum for a while but had to sign in to give Fitch his props - he earned my respect last night, won me some money and sure as hell beat some respect out of Silva in the third.

Fitch is probably never going to be among my favourite fighters, he can be boring and frustrating as hell, but I would argue he is an important type of fighter to have in the division. One thing I probably find more annoying than Fitch hugging someone on the ground with no intention of advancing position or finishing his opponent is a guy like Silva: a very naturally gifted and athletic guy who gets a couple of finishes and then starts to believe his own hype a little too much. Fighting with his hands down, throwing up ridiculous karate kicks that are just not going to land like he did in the first round - I get he has a loose stand up stance but seriously...you're not Anderson Silva - just fight aggressively and cut the ****. Rogan was right in that he was showing disdain in his stand up approach and it allowed Fitch to get a hold of him and outgrapple him.

Anyway, full credit to Fitch. It was clear what the UFC were doing with this match-up: they could sense a new star emerging in Silva and tried to throw him a coming out party in his backyard by feeding him Fitch, who had his back against the wall after the Hendricks defeat and with another would have been looking at gatekeeper status or obscurity. But Fitch outgrappled his opponent, put on a really enjoyable fight and in the third broke Silva.

Ok?

You always say I hope this person and that person beats Diaz to me

I don't get it

Do you think my opinion of fighters will change if Diaz gets beat? LoL

Diaz just got beat and my tune hasn't changed a bit

Thats fine you can be a fan of whoever u want all I am saying is Fitch would beat his ***.....

The only impressive thing did was show how padded his pillow fists are

He had full mount and was pounding on Ericks face and did jack **** lol

That fight was definately not FOTN worthy' date=' Fitch is still boring as ****, anybody can be exciting against a bum that you can mount at will[/quote']

If this fight was anywhere but Brazil Goddard would have stopped the fight

I would have stopped the fight in the 3rd, Silva was just eating pucnhes.

Defending with your face isn't smart.

Fitch would win over Diaz IMO

If this fight was anywhere but Brazil Goddard would have stopped the fight

I would have stopped the fight in the 3rd' date=' Silva was just eating pucnhes.

Defending with your face isn't smart.[/quote']

If I was getting hit in the face with a pillow I probably wouldn't worry about blocking either

Good fight. Exciting grappling :eek:

Hehe, I've always been a Fitch fan. Not only am I glad he's finally getting some respect as a fighter and as one of the best WWs ever to fight, but also for beating one of the most overhyped fighter that hadn't faced a great wrestler.

Rory or Hendricks will be the next champ, but not while GSP is the champ.

I agree i was really impressed with fitch he deserved that win and that big pay check he got

i think the fight was entertaining mainly due to silva and both fighters having a lot to loose, anyone else and fitch would of just fitched them.

i dont think the result was overly suprising thoguh i expected fitch to win and he did. He managed to get off a few sub attempts of his own mostly due to silvas poor conditioning.

Archived