Not sure why people even wanna see Silva vs GSP

TornHonor

First I am a fan of both fighters but I seriously don't think this fight would be competitive at all. There is no indication of how GSP would even do at MW. I don't even think he could beat Vitor or Chael let alone Silva. It would most likely be 2 minutes of Silva trolling GSP before he knocked him out. I would much rather see Silva vs Bones and let GSP have a fight at MW against somebody like Alan Belcher to test the waters.

First I am a fan of both fighters but I seriously don't think this fight would be competitive at all. There is no indication of how GSP would even do at MW. I don't even think he could beat Vitor or Chael let alone Silva. It would most likely be 2 minutes of Silva trolling GSP before he knocked him out. I would much rather see Silva vs Bones and let GSP have a fight at MW against somebody like Alan Belcher to test the waters.

i just want to see gsp punched in the face repeatedly before seeing those sweet tears as he accepts another loss

but jones vs silva would indeed be better since the fans dislike jones and need their champion to put him in his palce, since nobody else seems to be able to.

i just want to see gsp punched in the face repeatedly before seeing those sweet tears as he acepts naother loss

lol that's probably exactly what would happen. The truth of the matter is the only reason the fight hasn't happened is because GSP doesn't want it to. Dana White and Silva have said multiple times they would like it to happen. If GSP was that confident he would take it. If he wants to regain the top p4p spot again he needs to defeat Silva.

I like the idea of GSP vs. Belcher. It would be awesome to see that greasy bastard get knocked on his *** and then torn limb from limb.:D

You don't want to see GSP/Silva because it wouldn't be competitive but you want to see Jones/Silva? Jones would destroy Silva with his size' date=' wrestling and elbows. I hope that fight never happens for the sake of Anderson's legacy.[/quote']

That statement is completely farfetched. I believe that Silva would have a better chance at destroying Bones than GSP would at beating Silva. At least Silva has fought at 205lbs before and what people seem to forget, Forrest was the LHW champ THE fight before he fought Silva. We don't even know how GSP would do at MW. I think he is just a great welterweight.

1. Silva

2. GSP

That's why :cool:

I'd like to see him defend his title against Bisping/Weidman and then fight GSP in the spring/early summer' date=' wouldn't be surprised if he retired after that then, realistically I can't ever see Silva/Bones happening, Jon will move to HW soon anyway[/quote']

GSP has some work to do in that Welterweight division right now. He still has to beat Condit then the winner of Kampmann///Hendricks. Not to mention Nick Diaz should be returning soon and has to be pretty close. Once Silva beats Bisping and Weidman the MW division is cleared out again.

That statement is completely farfetched. I believe that Silva would have a better chance at destroying Bones than GSP would at beating Silva. At least Silva has fought at 205lbs before and what people seem to forget' date=' Forrest was the LHW champ THE fight before he fought Silva. We don't even know how GSP would do at MW. I think he is just a great welterweight.[/quote']

Jones is not Forrest. If Anderson takes that fight I see him getting taken down quite easily and battered/submitted and he will never regain that allure that he has had for years.

Anderson is clearly not a LHW and Jones could pass as a Heavyweight.

GSP has some work to do in that Welterweight division right now. He still has to beat Condit then the winner of Kampmann///Hendricks. Not to mention Nick Diaz should be returning soon and has to be pretty close. Once Silva beats Bisping and Weidman the MW division is cleared out again.

All other potential fights aside, even though it won't happen I'd love to see Silva/Diaz at 185!

Jones is not Forrest. If Anderson takes that fight I see him getting taken down quite easily and battered/submitted and he will regain that allure that he has had for years.

You are right about Forrest but to say the fight wouldn't be competitive is absurd. Jon Jones didn't look that great against Vitor Belfort in my opinion and Silva only needs one shot to win it. You can never count out a fighter like Silva even if the odds do favor Jones a little bit.

Jones is not Forrest. If Anderson takes that fight I see him getting taken down quite easily and battered/submitted and he will never regain that allure that he has had for years.

Silva/Bonnar

Jones/Bonnar Who was more impressive?

Silva/Vitor

Jones/Vitor Who was more impressive?

Give your head a shake son. You clearly under estimate Silvas TD defense/Jitz/chin/scrambling ability.

Silva/Bonnar

Jones/Bonnar Who was more impressive?

Silva/Vitor

Jones/Vitor Who was more impressive?

Give your head a shake son. You clearly under estimate Silvas TD defense/Jitz/chin/scrambling ability.

Chonan/Anderson

Chonan/Hendo

Who was more impressive? I guess Hendo beats Silva.

Takase/Anderson

Takase/Marquardt

Who was more impressive? I guess Marquardt beats Silva.

this^^^

It's not really the fact that stylically JBJ is a nasty counter to Silva, but the fact the dude is a heavyweight and Silva just reaches the 205lb limit on fight night.

If they were the same weight I would agree we should press forward for this fight-rather see GSP fight Silva at a catch weight of 177lbs and GSP would be around 200lbs on fight night and Silva around 205 at best.

Or we can just be sad and the only champion vs champion fight we will of had seen is GSP vs Penn II

Couldnt agree more

Archived