Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia

Maia realizes that his move to WW was a little late in his career so he's taking no chances. Using the strength from grappling with naturally bigger guys he's using his bread and butter.

Yea I really like that he is going that route.. Honestly, when he started standing he really wasn't that bad, but you could tell he was uncomfortable, and his chin isn't the best out there.

I feel as if he really went back to his roots, and stopped training the stand-up so much, and started focusing on his excellent grappling and submissions in training.

Yea I really like that he is going that route.. Honestly' date=' when he started standing he really wasn't that bad, but you could tell he was uncomfortable, and his chin isn't the best out there.

I feel as if he really went back to his roots, and stopped training the stand-up so much, and started focusing on his excellent grappling and submissions in training.[/quote']

And honestly WW strikers aren't the best in the world either. So long as Maia can do enough to avoid getting Mardquart'd (worst fight I've seen lol) he should be able to out strength+ out technique most of the WWs he fights.

And honestly WW strikers aren't the best in the world either. So long as Maia can do enough to avoid getting Mardquart'd (worst fight I've seen lol) he should be able to out strength+ out technique most of the WWs he fights.

I just hope he doesn't try and stand with anyone again. He is a very entertaining and masterful grappler/submission artist, and that's how it needs to stay.

this is a great style matchup when you look at it.

a guy whos gonna likely grab you and beat you up a versus a guy who wants you to grab them and try to beat them up. the only possible outcome is a ground finish. i dont think the crowd will be too entertained because the meatheads only like to see knockouts

this is a great style matchup when you look at it.

a guy whos gonna likely grab you and beat you up a versus a guy who wants you to grab them and try to beat them up. the only possible outcome is a ground finish. i dont think the crowd will be too entertained because the meatheads only like to see knockouts

not true, if the Maia v Story fight was in the usa (vegas let's say), I bet people would have been cheering. It was just as exciting as a stand up knock out, just in a different way. People don't like the stall tactics, and the non engagers. People want to see a real fight, and that's what Maia v Story was.

Maia had better hope Marquardt doesn't move over too soon

He got caught, we never got to see what would happen.

I've wanted a rematch for years, I hope Marquardt does come back. I think if it does come down to a rematch, it goes either way. Maia's wrestling is better than Sonnen's, and he can hold his own on the feet.

Maia had better hope Marquardt doesn't move over too soon

haha

He got caught' date=' we never got to see what would happened.

I've wanted a rematch for years, I hope Marquardt does come back. I think if it does come down to a rematch, it goes either way. Maia's wrestling is better than Sonnen's, and he can hold his own on the feet.[/quote']

Ehh I think Nate had his number.

he has the most submission escapes

submission defence in the first place is not getting caught in them

Let's not get carried away here......

I thought not.

I mean' date=' Ben Henderson has sterling submission defense, but he's always getting caught in submissions. It's very hard to wrap my head around the fact that Jon Fitch's submission defense is statistically better than Bendo's.[/quote']

actually it is.. Fitch has never been submitted, where as Bendo has been submitted early in his career. But I think at this point they are both near impossible to tap.

Archived