which came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?

TigerChamp

The chicken came first and heres the proof

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/835020-the-chicken-came-first-not-the-egg-scientists-prove

It's impossible to make an egg without a protein found in the hens birthing organs...if an egg does not have them they can not hatch

so then how was the chicken born? was he hatched from an egg or did he just fly down from the heavens? did a cow have sex with carlos condits dad and out came a chicken? that would actually be a combination of condits dad and a cow. not a chicken. i always thought that chickens hatched from eggs.

oh the dilemma here

so then how was the chicken born? was he hatched from an egg or did he just fly down from the heavens? did a cow have sex with carlos condits dad and out came a chicken? that would actually be a combination of condits dad and a cow. not a chicken. i always thought that chickens hatched from eggs.

oh the dilemma here

What it comes down to is who is more likely to evolve to its modern day state the chicken or the egg

It has been deemed impossible for it to be the egg cuz it can not be layed in the first place cuz it has to be a modern day chicken that has the protein to start with...and without the protein the egg can not be hatched let alone layer

The onky question is where did the chicken come from...it must have evolved from another animal which has happened be4 in the bird spieces

yeah thats how it is it evolved from some kind of birds breeding outside of their species, but i dont want to think on it that technical. if a rooster has sex with a turkey it doesnt evolve into a chicken. it evolves into a combination of a turkey and a rooster. we would call it a **** turkey, not a chicken. logically thats how it makes sense .

if a chicken was to evolve, what did it evolve from? and where did their eggs come from? i mean people were always searching for that missing link between human and neandrothal man or whatever during human evolution. but the day when antonio bigfoot silva first stepped into that cage all those questions were answered.

now the only thing that is left to be discovered is what did chickens evolve from? that is putting common sense aside and just assuming that they didnt come from eggs like all of the rest of the chickens. we got some serious superchicken stuff going down in this pen.

if it was evolution, the chicken that laid the first chicken egg wasnt technically a chicken. chickens get born from chicken eggs. that chicken was a fake.

a chicken would have to give birth to that egg, if the chicken came along first, it was nothing more than a phony just faking the funk.. and if the egg came first, it was as fake as jon jones' squeaky clean image because it takes a chicken to produce a chicken egg.

oh the humanity!

All I know is this...I'm happy that we are answering question In our world that makes us wonder

But to get this far with it has cost us over 22 million dollars in research...that is far to much for an almost meaningless question such as this and we a spending more on it

That money and scientist could have been working on curing cancer or something...but this...this is stupid to me

The answer is the EGG.

Let's say creature A was evolving into what we call a chicken.

Creature A develops feathers.

Creature A develops beaks.

The minute creature A possesses everything of that of a chicken, creature A officially becomes a chicken. That means the very first official chicken will have been born a chicken which means its genetic make up has already been decided while it was developing as an egg.

the chicken was a mutation of an existing species ... the egg came first

how could the chicken egg come first if there wasnt a chicken to give birth to it?

yeah the rooster may have been around first but a rooster doesnt give birth to a chicken. it gives birth to a rooster. so the rooster is irrelevant in this discussion.

if evolution ended up mutating a rooster into a chicken, it wouldnt be a chicken. it would be a deformed rooster. or a deformed ****. whatever word you want to call it but it didnt come from a chicken.

i think we are in a dead heat. where half of us are claiming the chicken came first and the other half claiming it was the chicken egg. So what is it?

Wow...so many people have completely erroneous ideas about how evolution works.

Some fowl-animal very very much like a chicken slowly over thousands of years of natural selection and almost unnoticeable genetic changes laid an egg and out popped a chicken - but the bird that laid that egg, was literally SO CLOSE genetically to a chicken, the morons in this thread would be unable to tell the two species apart. They would literally be separated by maybe 1 or 2 base pair chromosomes.

We even today affect evolution and breeding directly. We basically force evolution to happen thousands of times faster by selective breeding.

chicken.png

how could the chicken egg come first if there wasnt a chicken to give birth to it?

yeah the rooster may have been around first but a rooster doesnt give birth to a chicken. it gives birth to a rooster. so the rooster is irrelevant in this discussion.

if evolution ended up mutating a rooster into a chicken' date=' it wouldnt be a chicken. it would be a deformed rooster. or a deformed ****. whatever word you want to call it but it didnt come from a chicken.

i think we are in a dead heat. where half of us are claiming the chicken came first and the other half claiming it was the chicken egg. So what is it?[/quote']

If anyone is in the Raleigh area and wants free chicken eggs hit me up, I've got 4 chickens lol

Some fowl-animal very very much like a chicken slowly over thousands of years of natural selection and almost unnoticeable genetic changes laid an egg and out popped a chicken - but the bird that laid that egg' date=' was literally SO CLOSE genetically to a chicken, the morons in this thread would be unable to tell the two species apart. They would literally be separated by maybe 1 or 2 base pair chromosomes.

We even today affect evolution and breeding directly. We basically force evolution to happen thousands of times faster by selective breeding.

[img']http://inevergrewup.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/chicken.png[/img]

Ding Ding Ding!

I thought more people would realize this. I guess not.

Some fowl-animal very very much like a chicken slowly over thousands of years of natural selection and almost unnoticeable genetic changes laid an egg and out popped a chicken - but the bird that laid that egg' date=' [b']was literally SO CLOSE genetically to a chicken, the morons in this thread would be unable to tell the two species apart[/b]. They would literally be separated by maybe 1 or 2 base pair chromosomes.

This is lol'able. So, they were so close, just by a chromosome or two, that "the morons in this thread" would be unable to tell them apart." Well that's just brilliant. And what makes you think if they were so close that YOU would be able to tell apart either? Pomp much? Got any definitive proof of this "natural selection" thing you refer to? Any strata layers of transitional fossils? Nope. Silly jackwagon, Evolution is a story for kids.

:D

Evolution would say the chicken but there are problems with this

The chicken could have been created from genetic mutation because of the parents forming a new species so it would be the egg or a bird could have evolved to fit its environment and an egg would not have been necessary

Going by evolution at what point does it become a true chicken?

"A simple view is that at whatever point the threshold was crossed and the first chicken was hatched, it had to hatch from an egg. The type of bird that laid that egg, by definition, was on the other side of the threshold and therefore not technically a chicken—it may be viewed as a proto-chicken or ancestral chicken of some sort, from which a genetic variation or mutation occurred that thus resulted in the egg being laid containing the embryo of the first chicken. In this light the argument is settled and the egg had to have come first."

This is lol'able. So' date=' they were so close, just by a chromosome or two, that "the morons in this thread" would be unable to tell them apart." Well that's just brilliant. And what makes you think if they were so close that YOU would be able to tell apart either? Pomp much? Got any definitive proof of this "natural selection" thing you refer to? Any strata layers of transitional fossils? Nope. Silly jackwagon, Evolution is a story for kids.

:D[/quote']

Not sure if really retarded, or just trolling...

so due to evolution, its probably a fact that two similar birds mated, they laid an egg, the genes spliced and out popped a chicken as we know it today like what toomanyhuggers was getting at......but the egg would have had to come first because thats where that chicken would have came from. two different but similar birds mating....and laying an egg. which hatches a chicken as we know it today.

yeah im leaning towards the egg on this one.

Archived