Maia Will NEVER..

bigroom9

He's a top 5 dude in skill (not rankings)...he's a treat to anyone at WW in the ufc

If he sticks to his bjj game and not try to box with people like he did at MW he can sub everyone

He walked into that divison with the best BJJ easy

And all the haters who think he has not chance against GSP...I have to say this...

How did shields do against GSP?...Maia is a better striker (not by much but he is better) and he has better BJJ...only thing shields does better is wrestle but non of that will matter cuz if GSP did try to TD Maia he would get subbed

And I'm not even a Maia fan...I'm just realistic

He's a top 5 dude in skill (not rankings)...he's a treat to anyone at WW in the ufc

If he sticks to his bjj game and not try to box with people like he did at MW he can sub everyone

He walked into that divison with the best BJJ easy

And all the haters who think he has not chance against GSP...I have to say this...

How did shields do against GSP?...Maia is a better striker (not by much but he is better) and he has better BJJ...only thing shields does better is wrestle but non of that will matter cuz if GSP did try to TD Maia he would get subbed

And I'm not even a Maia fan...I'm just realistic

Great post

Maia has no chance in hell at taking down GSP. This post is completely retarded. I doubt Maia will even fight GSP. He has at least 2-3 more wins until he gets a title shot.

Ever heard of pulling guard ? Of course GSP could just try and stand back up, but still that's an option.

Hear me now, believe me later... If Maia was to fight GSP, GSP would NOT take him down... If I have learnt something about GSp is that he's just too smart as a fighter and he knows what to do against his contenders.

GSP is too smart to go to the ground with an elite BJJ practitioner such as Maia. On the other hand, Maia's striking game is not good at all, so that would be a stand up fight IMO, so GSP would win and should win with no problem...

I think Maia would easily beat GSP and I don't say that often

The reason I say that is look at the Shields fight

GSP got schooled in that fight in the stand-up. Why? Because he was horrified of getting taking down which ****s up your stand-up.

If he was that scared of Shields' ground game I couldn't imagine what he would think of Maia's ground game LoL

Maia's striking is 100 times better than Shields

Maia via UD or SD

And I'm being dead serious

Hear me now' date=' believe me later... If Maia was to fight GSP, GSP would NOT take him down... If I have learnt something about GSp is that he's just too smart as a fighter and he knows what to do against his contenders.

GSP is too smart to go to the ground with an elite BJJ practitioner such as Maia. On the other hand, Maia's striking game is not good at all, so that would be a stand up fight IMO, so GSP would win and should win with no problem...[/quote']

this. GSP May even knock Maia out, Maia lacks the chin that, let's say, Shields possesses.

GSP got schooled in that fight in the stand-up. Why? Because he was horrified of getting taking down which ****s up your stand-up.

If he was that scared of Shields' ground game I couldn't imagine what he would think of Maia's ground game LoL

Maia via UD or SD

I agree on most of what u said, but Shields has far superior wrestling then Maia. GSP would have to worry about Maia pulling guard.

Hear me now' date=' believe me later... If Maia was to fight GSP, GSP would NOT take him down... If I have learnt something about GSp is that he's just too smart as a fighter and he knows what to do against his contenders.

GSP is too smart to go to the ground with an elite BJJ practitioner such as Maia. On the other hand, Maia's striking game is not good at all, so that would be a stand up fight IMO, so GSP would win and should win with no problem...[/quote']

This^

Hear me now' date=' believe me later... If Maia was to fight GSP, GSP would NOT take him down... If I have learnt something about GSp is that he's just [b']too much of a coward[/b] as a fighter and he knows what to do against his contenders.

GSP is too much of a coward to go to the ground with an elite BJJ practitioner such as Maia. On the other hand, Maia's striking game is not good at all, so that would be a stand up fight IMO, so GSP would lose no problem...

fixed

this. GSP May even knock Maia out' date=' Maia lacks the chin that, let's say, Shields possesses.[/quote']

lmfao. you should be banned for extreme stupidity

IDIOTS...Maia cant get GSP down....HE cant hang with GSP on the feet if u think otherwise you are just retarded....unbelievable, Shields does ok against GSP the last two rounds of a fight in which GSP clearly won the first 3 rounds and suddenly GSP cant strike...Maia would get dropped, GSP would avoid being submitted, put him on his back at will....Give Maia Jon Fitch next and you'll come back down to earth quickly.

Maia via UD or SD

Ya cause anyone takes what you say about GSP seriously...You think Kyle Bradley would beat him....Maia cant outstrike GSP.

Ya cause anyone takes what you say about GSP seriously...You think Kyle Bradley would beat him....Maia cant outstrike GSP.

When did I ever say Kyle Bradley would beat him!?

Better than that, show me one time I said any of his opponent would beat him besides Penn and Diaz LoL

Get a clue angry person, it's just my thought on the fight

fixed

lmfao. you should be banned for extreme stupidity

How is GSP going to lose in a stand up game against Maia who is NOT a good striker??

When you come up with something like that with no argument you just make yourself look pretty dumb...

Golden rule: Always think before posting ;)

Maia has no chance in hell at taking down GSP. This post is completely retarded. I doubt Maia will even fight GSP. He has at least 2-3 more wins until he gets a title shot.

Doesnt need to take down, simply tie up and jump guard then gsp is ****ed

Maia needs to work wrestling and bjj and he'll work everyone on the ground

Maia via UD or SD

do u think the ufc will ever give Maia a title shot while gsp is champ?

If he earns it they have to

Hopefully GSP won't be champ for much longer anyways

what do you mean "if he earns it"?

what constitutes "earning it" in the ufc?

they don't "have" to do anything. there's no official ranking system or process for title shots. they give it WHOEVER THEY WANT.

what do you mean "if he earns it"?

what constitutes "earning it" in the ufc?

they don't "have" to do anything. there's no official ranking system or process for title shots. they give it WHOEVER THEY WANT.

Well, lets see

How many fights did Fitch win and he still didnt get a title shot?

Thats because he didnt earn it, If Maia keeps taking these fools out like this they have to give him a shot because he earned it

Its not difficult to understand

Well' date=' lets see

[b']How many fights did Fitch win and he still didnt get a title shot?

Thats because he didnt earn it[/b], If Maia keeps taking these fools out like this they have to give him a shot because he earned it

Its not difficult to understand

how do you earn it other than by winning?

the ufc doesn't "have" to do anything they don't want to..

how do you earn it other than by winning?

the ufc doesn't "have" to do anything they don't want to..

Do I really need to break it down like this!?

Come on man

WIN IMPRESSIVELY aka "Earn it"

Thats why Fitch had 5 wins in a row after his first fail at getting the title and still didnt recieve a title shot. Because they were 5 boring decisions, he didnt earn it. You dont get a second title shot off of 5 boring decisions when there are far more exciting fights to be made

I hope that cleared it up for you

Do I really need to break it down like this!?

Come on man

WIN IMPRESSIVELY aka "Earn it"

Thats why Fitch had 5 wins in a row after his first fail at getting the title and still didnt recieve a title shot. Because they were 5 boring decisions' date=' he didnt earn it. You dont get a second title shot off of 5 boring decisions when there are far more exciting fights to be made

I hope that cleared it up for you[/quote']

why didn't Daley or Rumble ever get a title shot then?

also which fights, exactly, were Hardy so "impressive" in to deserve his shot? you mean those 3 split decisions?

why didn't Daley or Rumble ever get a title shot then?

also which fights' date=' exactly, were Hardy so "impressive" in to deserve his shot? you mean those 3 split decisions?[/quote']

The scenarios you are talking about are completely different. Fitch already got schooled so bad by GSP that nobody wants to see the rematch. And Fitch hasn't showed anything in his last three fights that would indicate that it would be any different if they were to fight today.

The scenarios you are talking about are completely different. Fitch already got schooled so bad by GSP that nobody wants to see the rematch. And Fitch hasn't showed that it would be any different if they were to fight today.

i'll bet you that Fitch gets a rematch with gsp

GSP won't lose to Condit

Kampmann will beat Hendricks

Fitch won't get a title shot anytime soon, depending on his next performances, this saturday's was an impressive win...

GSP won't lose to Kampmann...

Maia will win his next 2 bouts, gets a title shot...

GSP won't lose to Maia...

Archived