American vs Brazilian Ultimate Fighter

inescapabledoom

Ok, so, Brazilians are allowed to come and participate in the American Ultimate Fighter.

What about Americans participating in the Brazilian version of the show? Where are they?

Should it be ok to let Brazilians come and take away the opportunity for Americans (and other foreigners) to compete in the UF? I know they'd make a fuss about it if Americans went down and tried to get into theirs.

This here's a nice can 'o worms.

there has never been an american ultimate fighter though' date=' tuf is for anyone of all nationalities and the best get picked, just happens that there are a larger amount of americans that apply and that get on

so they're two completely different things[/quote']

^this

I think the point he's trying to make is that you have -tons- of fighters that fly in from Brazil in order to compete for "The Ultimate Fighter". Now that there's a TUF: Brazil (and UK/AUS), it's a fair question. Brazilian fighters have potentially double the opportunity to get onto TUF.

COULD an American fighter go onto TUF: Brazil? Maaybe, but it'd never happen. He'd get zero respect from the other fighters (and probably coaches... 'dem 'zilians hate Whitey), would likely speak no lick of the language (I can't recall off the top of my head any Brazilians on TUF that spoke absolutely no English, but I'm sure there have been a handful), and most importantly, if the American made it far - you'd be hard pressed to find many viewers tuning in to see him fight.

Archived