Thoughts on Big Nog, do you think he should retire, how many fights does he have left

WaSupGuy

I personally would like to see have a few more fights, hes looked good in his last 3 fights. Kod Schaub coming off surgery and everyone was writing him off (mma fans have real short term memory, Nog was a 4 to 1 or 3 to 1 underdog during that fight). This whole forum was hating.

He almost kod Frank and I think Frank is top 5 HW until he went FULL RETARD.

Submitted Herman which may not be that impressive but considering it was short notice for both Big Nog looked good.

As long as his body doesnt catch up with him and he can still hang, which based on his last three fight I think he could beat a good number of the guys at HW. So I say give him a 3 more fights, i still think he could have good fights with a lot of the guys in the division. He aint gonna be top 5 tho.

Big Nog needs to retire his dietician. He looked like a pudgy doughboy worse than usual, but with that being said, he should def not retire yet. Very doubtful he'll be a champ at HW again or even a No.1 contender, but he's still putting people in their places and will be good for derailing undeserved hype trains. Nog's boxing has been looking very good but I'd also love to see him use his grappling on these nasty HW strikers that seem unbeatable at times.

Where is this "he has 2/3 fights left in him" coming from? Only time he has lost recently is to Mir and Velasquez. Mir 2 fight was just a big mistake (1.not going for the KO (2.Herb saying "stop hitting the back of the head" which was bs most of those shots were side of the head anyway but still he should have kept hitting him regardless. Cain is arguably #2/3 HW in the world so no shame in that loss at all.

Everyone is so quick to retire fighters in MMA as per, yeah he didn't look the best shape but I will give it a few more fights back before I start calling for him to retire in the next couple of fights.

Where is this "he has 2/3 fights left in him" coming from? Only time he has lost recently is to Mir and Velasquez. Mir 2 fight was just a big mistake (1.not going for the KO (2.Herb saying "stop hitting the back of the head" which was bs most of those shots were side of the head anyway but still he should have kept hitting him regardless. Cain is arguably #2/3 HW in the world so no shame in that loss at all.

Everyone is so quick to retire fighters in MMA as per' date=' yeah he didn't look the best shape but I will give it a few more fights back before I start calling for him to retire in the next couple of fights.[/quote']

As long as he avoids Kongo he should be fine lol.

Big Nog needs to retire his dietician. He looked like a pudgy doughboy worse than usual' date=' but with that being said, he should def not retire yet. Very doubtful he'll be a champ at HW again or even a No.1 contender, but he's still putting people in their places and will be good for derailing undeserved hype trains. Nog's boxing has been looking very good but I'd also love to see him use his grappling on these nasty HW strikers that seem unbeatable at times.[/quote']

He took a short notice fight after almost a year layoff, he obviously isn't going to be in top shape for that fight.

Why should he retire? Age means absolutely nothing, if he wants to fight why shouldnt he? AND hes looked good in his last couple fights, he can still make a run...I dont think he ll win the title but that has nothing to do with age or anything, he wouldnt beat the top guys if he was 5 years younger neither.

Archived